DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

1,655 posts in this topic

Mine looks the same.

Isn't that how it always looked?

16 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

Isn't that how it always looked?

Yes, but it's not supposed to look like that. It's the Philadelphia cityscape. If I zoom my browser to 155% of it's normal size, the picture shows a lot more detail, if it was like that at 100%, it would be a cool image for the banner area. Right now, it's just the tops of random buildings.

Here's the 155% zoom:

155.thumb.JPG.7da1159d7d789a4a0c1196b0e0491908.JPG

In the past I thought the space was filled up more.  It looks like the image is cut off and we're only seeing the very top, as Va points out in the zoomed in version above.

It's not a big deal, just looks like there is more intended to be shown.

They used to rotate players at the top too like the main PE.com page.  

Feature request:  the ability to remove a thread that you've posted in from an activity list.  I'm not talking about the "follow" feature.  I have an activity filter for threads I've posted in that have new replies.  Sometimes, I post in a thread and am no longer interested and it keeps showing up in that activity list.  If there were a feature to "uncheck" it from items I've posted in or something like that, that would be helpful.

Minor, luxury request but thought I'd mention it.  ^_^

Agreed.  I posted once in the Duke thread a year ago and it still pops up

Another Theme question/comment... why not theme it a bit more for the Eagles? Put the Eagle head Eagle_smiley.jpg  as the forum icon next to the various forums in place of the Invision talk bubbles. Or, mix it up a little. Put the NFL shield for Around the NFL, Dave's icon, for Ask Dave and the Eagles logo for the rest. It's really simple to do in the ACP, wouldn't even need Invision to do it.

Capture.JPG.89962663b76b60f10a42929b31b76910.JPG

No SSL for the Login and ACP here? As of this January, Google (Chrome) and Firefox are reporting sites that require a login, as unsafe if it's not using SSL.

Will SSL be implemented here?

ssl.JPG.8d92cdb3ed4507b1806afb13f502be81.JPG

Yes, it's been discussed with the tech guys and Invision

scroller on my mouse is not working to scroll pages on the EMB, but it works like normal on all other sites right now. how could that be?

if I use the arrows, or drag the bar on the screen, it scrolls. Just doesnt work with the scroll wheel on the mouse. 

Fix it!

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

scroller on my mouse is not working to scroll pages on the EMB, but it works like normal on all other sites right now. how could that be?

if I use the arrows, or drag the bar on the screen, it scrolls. Just doesnt work with the scroll wheel on the mouse. 

Fix it!

Mine works, what browser are you using?

chrome. mine worked earlier today. it just stopped shortly before I made that post. 

I re-started my computer and now I can scroll on EMB.

And it stopped working again. This is annoying. 

I dont need to re-start the computer. Just closing the browser and re-opening works to get it back. But why does it keep stopping?

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont need to re-start the computer. Just closing the browser and re-opening works to get it back. But why does it keep stopping?

Since it's only the scroll wheel I wonder if you search for your make and model and see if there are message boards or support forums with similar issue.  Could be a software patch to download.  Have you tried it in other browsers too?  If it's only a Chrome issue it could be a chrome extension.  I usually google my specific problem and find that there are others with similar and I find resolutions that someone out there recommended.

If I search "scroll wheel wont work on eagles message board" I dont think itll be a successful search. Its not like my mouse isnt working. It was only this site. So far it has continued working after I closed my browser and re-opened. 

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

If I search "scroll wheel wont work on eagles message board" I dont think itll be a successful search. Its not like my mouse isnt working. It was only this site. So far it has continued working after I closed my browser and re-opened. 

I did a search for "Chrome Scrolling Issues" and came up with this (it appears to be a Chrome issue):

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Obviously not for EMB.  You search "chrome scrolling not working" or your particular mouse brand to see if there's something with your scroll wheel.  It could be an Invision issue, a Chrome setting or extension, a software update needed on your mouse driver...  did you try in another browser?  If it works in another browser then you know it's Chrome.

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

If it works in another browser then you know it's Chrome Edwin.

Edwin!! <_< 

5 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Obviously not for EMB.  You search "chrome scrolling not working" or your particular mouse brand to see if there's something with your scroll wheel.  It could be an Invision issue, a Chrome setting or extension, a software update needed on your mouse driver...  did you try in another browser?  If it works in another browser then you know it's Chrome.

But it is working. Just not on this site. Why would I want to disable a feature on my browser if every other site works fine, and even this site has always worked fine except for today?

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

But it is working. Just not on this site. Why would I want to disable a feature on my browser if every other site works fine, and even this site has always worked fine except for today?

I didn't suggest disabling anything.  We're trying to troubleshoot and part of that is eliminating causes.

Does it work on other browsers with the EMB?  If yes, you know it's just chrome.  VA offered a solution above.  I've had several problems in Chrome fixed by an extension.  I've had users at work (I support systems) where a feature all of a sudden stopped working.  I did a screen share, looked at their chrome extensions and somehow one of the extensions needed to make a certain feature work was disabled.  Enabling it again fixed the problem immediately.  

Some other sites you visit might have malware, plugins or other things that change your settings to suit their site.  It may be unknown or it may be part of quickly clicking through "I agree" on their terms.  

It could also be display settings on a certain monitor or device that inadvertently create a 2nd interior scroll bar where you have to have your mouse hovering over the right space.  It's hard to know without screen shots or ruling out other options.  First things first:  can you scroll on EMB in another browser with the scroll wheel?

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

There may be something within the coding of an Invision board that doesn't play nice with that feature in Chrome. Did Chrome do an update today (that you know of)? Test that theory by visiting another Invision board. The only one that I know of off hand, is Invision itself: https://invisionpower.com/forums/

As for disabling it, I'd say, disable it. Test the functionality, see if that's the problem and then decide if that feature is worth keeping enabled or if disabling it is more beneficial.

For me, I use multiple browsers. I don't have a scrolling issue with any of them (Chrome included). I don't use Chrome very often though, so mine may not have as current an update as yours.

no. I didnt notice any updates run today. 

ok. If it happens here again I will check out that other board. Thanks.

It is happening again. I went to those boards through the link provided and it works like butter. 

Its just this site.