DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

It is happening again. I went to those boards through the link provided and it works like butter. 

Its just this site. 

It's likely Chrome, in conjunction with something in the coding of the EMB's version of the EMB.

Is it happening in every forum on this board or just intermittently? I'm wondering if possibly someone's Avatar might be affecting it. Of course, there's also the possibility that the EMB has some script running in the background that we don't see, and that's causing issues.

Try disabling that feature, and test the functionality that way. Then, for a while, keep it disabled and surf as normal and see if you're noticing any kind of negative difference. If you see no real difference, and the EMB works well. Then keeping it disabled may be a good option.

its every topic in click on in every forum. and its not really intermittent. once it happens, it stays like that until I close the browser and open it again.

ok. it was set to default. I disabled it. scrolling for now on here. we will see if this lasts. 

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

ok. it was set to default. I disabled it. scrolling for now on here. we will see if this lasts. 

See how things work in other sites too, it may be something that you'll never miss and if that's the case then the problem is solved.

Hey Dave, if this board can filter out curse words, can we also get some player names automatically corrected? Just thought of it because that dude typed MaCafferty. wtf?

It would have been great if Samuel automatically got corrected every time someone said saumels. 

If we draft dalvin cook, you know everyone will call him cooks.

I wish people could at least get the names of our own players right. Lets do something about it!

Eartz and Jefferies? Are you kidding me?

Anyone else having issues with the forum at the moment? Several times a day I'm unable to access the unread threads leave as it says page but unavailable... 

On 4/15/2017 at 2:34 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Hey Dave, if this board can filter out curse words, can we also get some player names automatically corrected? Just thought of it because that dude typed MaCafferty. wtf?

It would have been great if Samuel automatically got corrected every time someone said saumels. 

If we draft dalvin cook, you know everyone will call him cooks.

I wish people could at least get the names of our own players right. Lets do something about it!

Eartz and Jefferies? Are you kidding me?

We already have some in place, but how would the filter know "Cook" vs. "Cooks" or "Samuel" vs. "Samuels" if people only use last names?

35 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

We already have some in place, but how would the filter know "Cook" vs. "Cooks" or "Samuel" vs. "Samuels" if people only use last names?

That's true, if someone posted about Brandon Cooks you wouldn't want that changed.  Plus seeing the misspellings allows people to publicly shame them.

If you do install a new filter, the #1 name to go on this list should be Lurie, for all the times fans still write Laurie.

47 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

Maybe add to the filter 'Should of', 'Would of' and 'Could of' and have them automatically changed to "Should've", "Would've" and "Could've" lol

1 hour ago, Moderator5 said:

You can't, buy there is no jefferies in the nfl that I know of. Since Jeffery is an eagle, can we add that?

33 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Maybe add to the filter 'Should of', 'Would of' and 'Could of' and have them automatically changed to "Should've", "Would've" and "Could've" lol

That one irritates the hell out of me.  And mute point as well.

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That one irritates the hell out of me.  And mute point as well.

Yeah, a 'mute point' is one too. Especially since we all know that it's not 'mute', it's 'moo'... a 'moo point'.

This is not an EMB issue, but you dudes helped me last time. I just had scrolling issues again. This time not just EMB, and not just chrome. But I went back to that smooth scrolling feature in chrome, and this time enabled it. And now scrolling is working properly again. 

Whats this all about? Why does scrolling eventually stop working, and why does changing a feature in chrome affect if I can scroll up and down in my windows start menu, or even internet explorer (or whatever it is called now)?

I wonder if its just coincidental, and I am just wearing out the scroll ball in my mouse. The current issue is only with scrolling down. Scrolling up has no issue. 

Is there some way to have a "are you sure" type of pop up on here? For instance, I HATE when I accidentally click "mark forum as read". Its a feature I have never intended to use, and never will. Yet, I have clicked it accidentally a few times and did again this morning.

If there was a prompt to ask me if I am sure, Id click no and my day would be saved. 

Instead, my day is ruined.

Either an "are you sure" prompt, or just taking away the "mark as read" feature would be great. Who uses that?

Sometimes while I'm scrolling through a thread I'll come to a post that has the entire page as one post. I don't know if I'm describing it well. I probably should have taken a screenshot of it. It happens on desktop

Just a heads up: the forum is now secure (https). There shouldn't be any issues, but let us know if you see any weird messages because of it.

1 hour ago, Moderator5 said:

Just a heads up: the forum is now secure (https). There shouldn't be any issues, but let us know if you see any weird messages because of it.

You mean I can't hack the ACP anymore?? :ph34r: 

err... never mind... :whistle: 

Is anyone else having issues with the videos starting on PE.COM? I don't often go there, but with the start of training camp, I decided to check out some videos and none would start (for the past 2 days).

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Is anyone else having issues with the videos starting on PE.COM? I don't often go there, but with the start of training camp, I decided to check out some videos and none would start (for the past 2 days).

What's PE.com?  :huh:

:lol:

31 minutes ago, NOTW said:

What's PE.com?  :huh:

:lol:

I decided to give them a chance, here at the start of TC,  but none of their videos want to start for me. There's truly no longer any reason to go there for anything 

Dave 

you did a great job at the open practice yesterday. Great day, weather like fall and 36k fans going nuts as Carson was on fire. Lunes to buy suvenoirs was snaking around the stadium. Eagles have to realize they need more open practices like maybe FOUR. Players looked like they enjoyed practicing before real fans. 

Dave, you better get them over to a better comments plugin our this site will lose the fans that keep coming. Looks like its screwed again. This isnt the first time they have pulled this crap.