DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

5 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

It's based on Reputation. Should we make the levels higher so it's tougher to get them?

What are the levels? As long as I have one... err... never mind... :huh: 

Looks like I have them set too low. Right now anyone with a reputation of 500 or more gets the midnight green "Hall of Famer" one, but I see people with reps over 10K.

31 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

It's based on Reputation. Should we make the levels higher so it's tougher to get them?

It seems childish, or like something on older message boards.  Trophies?  I'd remove them altogether.  One of the things about the EMB is the clean look.  No huge graphics and gifs in signatures, structure on the profile/avatar page.  Clean and simple makes it easier to find posts.

If you're going to do something to indicate levels of rep points something simpler like a color or tiny icon would be better. 

Plus, I can see fans other teams now:  trash talking that these are the only trophies Eagles fans will ever see.  

26 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

Looks like I have them set too low. Right now anyone with a reputation of 500 or more gets the midnight green "Hall of Famer" one, but I see people with reps over 10K.

There's the leaderboard if anyone cares about that.  Remove it so it's a cleaner look.  The rep points themselves are there.  It's also a visual distraction IMO as you're scrolling through.

I'd at least change that smiley that shows up on every post to Eagle_smiley.jpg If nothing else, that would force Cowboys, Giants and Redskins fans to use that when they want to 'like' a post.

Try to work Rod in there too if you can ... 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'd at least change that smiley that shows up on every post to Eagle_smiley.jpg If nothing else, that would force Cowboys, Giants and Redskins fans to use that when they want to 'like' a post.

Try to work Rod in there too if you can ... 

The smiley/like icon should be Dave's pic.

17 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The smiley/like icon should be Dave's pic.

I thought it already was... :huh: 

:lol: Just kidding Dave... :ph34r: 

1 hour ago, Moderator5 said:

If we're keeping it, then yes.

With the 411, when articles are posted without using plain text, it looks like this.

"He has not changed since he got here,” Undlin said Tuesday when asked about Jones. "Every meeting – hasn’t missed one meeting. Hasn’t missed a practice. I mean, he's missed practice because he’s not [healthy], but he’s out there every single day. He stands right next to us. He gets every call in every period. I call on him in the meetings as if he was playing – he’s obviously not. He knows the defense.”

Knowing something, in theory, is much different than applying it in practice. And Undlin understands that the meeting room and the playing field are hardly the same. 

Any way to clean that up so it doesn't show 2 different colors?

38 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It's also a visual distraction IMO

So is the smiley face on the other side of the screen. Maybe if they're made a little smaller, it wouldn't be as bad.

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

With the 411, when articles are posted without using plain text, it looks like this.

Any way to clean that up so it doesn't show 2 different colors?

2 different colors? It's all the same color for me. What drives me crazy is the """ that happens when a specific font is used for the open quote., opposite of this one:  

I usually go in and replace all of the open quotes with the 'generic' one like this one " but that's a pain.

Im not totally satisfied with the smiley selections. I feel I cant simply like a post anymore. The closest would be a laugh, or a wow. But what if something isnt exactly funny, or wow worthy, but you just like the post?

Cant do it anymore. Can you add the thumbs up emoji or something?

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

2 different colors? It's all the same color for me. What drives me crazy is the """ that happens when a specific font is used for the open quote., opposite of this one:  

I usually go in and replace all of the open quotes with the 'generic' one like this one " but that's a pain.

Yeah the " thing is a bit annoying as well. When I paste something, the pasted text looks like it's been highlighted on my screen. The background is gray, but the pasted text is surrounded in white.

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Yeah the " thing is a bit annoying as well. When I paste something, the pasted text looks like it's been highlighted on my screen.

This is how your post looks to me on this end:

quote.thumb.JPG.30f50f2ef6245da9f7982cf0169b66c5.JPG

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im not totally satisfied with the smiley selections. I feel I cant simply like a post anymore. The closest would be a laugh, or a wow. But what if something isnt exactly funny, or wow worthy, but you just like the post?

Cant do it anymore. Can you add the thumbs up emoji or something?

Agreed, would prefer if it went back to likes and not all the smileys

Agreed, would prefer if it went back to likes and not all the smileys

or the words they had before they added the smileys when it said wow, or like.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This is how your post looks to me on this end:

OK, but I'm not talking about my posts.

When you paste an article in the quote box without using plain text, the background of the quote box is gray and the text is surrounded in white, it makes the text looks like it's been highlighted.

3 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

OK, but I'm not talking about my posts.

When you paste an article in the quote box without using plain text, the background of the quote box is gray and the text is surrounded in white, it makes the text looks like it's been highlighted.

I just went through the process of how I'd post an article (the first paragraph of an article on the Denver Post site), to see if I could see what you're describing. I tried two different quoting methods, typing the quote tags manually and using the quote feature. Here's what I see:

quote2.thumb.JPG.91ed676c86c017f397482603ced057ed.JPG

When i post an article, I always type the quote tags manually, then paste the article between them (and usually replace all of the open quote marks so they don't screw up the article). I don't use the quote option as shown in the second example above.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just went through the process of how I'd post an article (the first paragraph of an article on the Denver Post site), to see if I could see what you're describing. I tried two different quoting methods, typing the quote tags manually and using the quote feature. Here's what I see:

quote2.thumb.JPG.91ed676c86c017f397482603ced057ed.JPG

When i post an article, I always type the quote tags manually, then paste the article between them (and usually replace all of the open quote marks so they don't screw up the article). I don't use the quote option as shown in the second example above.

What I'm talking about even shows up in the screenshot you took of my post.

Here's another example of what I'm talking about

The text appears to be in white boxes, so it's 2 different colors

What I'm talking about even shows up in the screenshot you took of my post.

Here's another example of what I'm talking about

There must be something different in our browsers, because I'm just not seeing anything different from how it's been. Above, what I just quoted, where your screen name is and 'created a topic in The 411', is in gray, then everything below that is outlined, black font on a white background.

33 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

If we're keeping it, then yes.

And set it to 10,000 green then goes gold once you hit 20,000.  :lol: