DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There must be something different in our browsers, because I'm just not seeing anything different from how it's been. Above, what I just quoted, where your screen name is and 'created a topic in The 411', is in gray, then everything below that is outlined, black font on a white background.

As I've mentioned, it's not my posts I'm talking about. It's the articles in the 411. If you click on that, it'll take you to the article in the 411 and you'll see how the text appears in white boxes with a gray background.

26 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Im not totally satisfied with the smiley selections. I feel I cant simply like a post anymore. The closest would be a laugh, or a wow. But what if something isnt exactly funny, or wow worthy, but you just like the post?

Cant do it anymore. Can you add the thumbs up emoji or something?

I "like" this but not enough for an emoji. HE.

But really can we just get rid of the stupid reactions.....

5 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

As I've mentioned, it's not my posts I'm talking about. It's the articles in the 411. If you click on that, it'll take you to the article in the 411 and you'll see how the text appears in white boxes with a gray background.

Maybe it's my monitor, or my eyes, but if there's a difference on this end, it's very subtle and I can't see it. This is a snip of that article in The 411 that you linked, are you seeing a difference between your member data area and the quoted article in this image?

quote3.JPG.0d929aac8c7f6364a25cdbc0f06d73e6.JPG

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Here's a screenshot, all the text has a white background, while the quote box it's self has a gray background.

Ok, are you talking about the header alone, as shown below?

quote4.thumb.JPG.72fc02d467a5f73078622cc179ef7bca.JPG

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Maybe it's my monitor, or my eyes, but if there's a difference on this end, it's very subtle and I can't see it. This is a snip of that article in The 411 that you linked, are you seeing a difference between your member data area and the quoted article in this image?

quote3.JPG.0d929aac8c7f6364a25cdbc0f06d73e6.JPG

Yes, I still see it. The "member data area" and the background behind the text in the quote box are the same color, however, when you use the quote box, it's background is gray.

Because this season, Wentz hasn't just taken a step forward; he's leaped into the national spotlight and into the forefront of the NFL's MVP race. Wentz threw four more touchdown passes on Sunday and leads the league in touchdown passes with 23. 

And he couldn't care less. 

"At the end of the day, touchdowns [are] whatever," Wentz said on Sunday afternoon, quickly dismissing a question about his stats. "That’s all great, but being 8-1 is what it’s all about. I didn’t really know what to expect with stats and all that stuff, that doesn’t really matter."

On a team full of unselfish players, Wentz is the tone-setter. 

And he's on his way to becoming the NFL's most humble superstar. 

How are the Eagles able to keep all their receivers happy? How were they able to bring in a Pro Bowl running back without fearing backlash from the others? How are the coaches able to use rotations while not worrying about any disgruntled faces appearing in theirs? 

It all starts with Wentz. 

If you don't see it, then you don't see it. The color behind the text is white, the background of the quote box is a lighter shade than the header.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

What browser do you use?

Google Chrome

12 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

If you don't see it, then you don't see it. The color behind the text is white, the background of the quote box is a lighter shade than the header.

Google Chrome

If the skinning process is similar to what it has been in the past, that can be fixed. That's why I was trying to narrow down exactly what you're seeing.

To me, it looks like it's always looked. Either that or the change is just something that I didn't notice how it used to be, vs. how it is now. Because it really does look normal to me lol.

I opened Chrome, to see if I could see it, and it still looked normal.

There are some shading differences in various areas though, which is typical when upgrading and the skin has to be upgraded. It would just take a little tweaking to get it right.

38 minutes ago, BDAWK_4EVER said:

It's probably built in to the "like" system. If you want one, you have to have it all. Remove one, remove the whole thing.

1 hour ago, BDAWK_4EVER said:

Yes please do.

1. The new reaction system was implemented to match what Facebook and other social media sites do now. If you want to "like" something, just click on the smiling emoji. You don't have to choose from "love", "wow", "angry", etc.

2. I'll shrink the trophies so they aren't as distracting and I'll adjust the rankings.

14 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

1. The new reaction system was implemented to match what Facebook and other social media sites do now. If you want to "like" something, just click on the smiling emoji. You don't have to choose from "love", "wow", "angry", etc.

2. I'll shrink the trophies so they aren't as distracting and I'll adjust the rankings.

Can you have Invision see about fixing the quotation mark problem?

When using the non standard font quotation mark, the 'open quote' mark turns into this: "

Here's an example:

Vance Joseph is sticking with Brock Osweiler. But he’s mulling other changes, including play-calling.

"I have to coach better and get our coaches to coach better,” Joseph said. "Because things in the football game that are happening, it’s not by accident.

See where it says "I have to coach better ... "?

The actual quotation mark looks like this (a screen capture):

quotes.JPG.29ece856288dee521bba5474da3610cc.JPG

Something within the coding of the board converts that opening quotation mark into ' " ' but the closing quotation mark works fine.

I'm thinking that that style of quotation mark just needs to be added to the boards coding as a valid font.

Also, an annoying thing is when I have a quote in a post, like here, then I add my own thoughts after the quote box, when I submit the post, my 'thoughts' are added in to the quote box as if that's part of what's being quoted.
Very annoying.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

And set it to 10,000 green then goes gold once you hit 20,000.  :lol:

I changed it to 2500 for silver (Starter), 5000 for black (Superstar), 10000 for midnight green (Hall of Famer) and 25000 for gold (Legend).

31 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

Reckon we'll just have to get used to this then.

32 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

Can that smilie that shows up on every post be shrunk? Or maybe changed to a muted color? Something less 'distracting', less of an eyesore.

46 minutes ago, Moderator5 said:

I changed it to 2500 for silver (Starter), 5000 for black (Superstar), 10000 for midnight green (Hall of Famer) and 25000 for gold (Legend).

Well...if you have to keep it the numbers still would need to be adjusted.  No one's at 25,000 yet.  There are only 5 of us with 20,000 or more.  It's a long way from green to gold.  Maybe just 15,000 for gold.  There are 11 posters currently with at least 15,000.  Seems a better cutoff IMO.

The smaller icon is better at least.

Now that we established these new trophies and pecking order...what else do we get?  How about privileges to go along like being able to move TATER threads to RnR?  :lol:

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's probably built in to the "like" system. If you want one, you have to have it all. Remove one, remove the whole thing.

I mean they didn't have to put it in in the first place. It's a huge eyesore, just extra crap that doesn't need to be there. Now instead of there just being a "like" there can potentially be 4 or 5 things there, it's ridiculous. Not sure why it was just assumed that users wanted it to be like Facebook. If it ain't broke....

11 minutes ago, BDAWK_4EVER said:

I mean they didn't have to put it in in the first place. It's a huge eyesore, just extra crap that doesn't need to be there. Now instead of there just being a "like" there can potentially be 4 or 5 things there, it's ridiculous. Not sure why it was just assumed that users wanted it to be like Facebook. If it ain't broke....

Yeah, but that's Invision. They put out upgrades every 2 or 3 minutes.