DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

I think the featureof number of posts per page has been changed to an admin-controlled function, rather than a user-controlled function. Let me check on that and the feature that distinguishes which threads you have posted in before ....

There's a link at the bottom of the forums that allows someone to load more topics now, pictured below. That should do away with the need for setting a specific number of threads per page. Now you can just click that link and it displays more.

emb1-1.jpg

Guest frenchladyfan

nice, vabeacheagle, but that doesn't take care of the issue of the number of posts per page. 20 is clearly not enough, particularly in threads with a lot of activity.

nice, vabeacheagle, but that doesn't take care of the issue of the number of posts per page. 20 is clearly not enough, particularly in threads with a lot of activity.

why not?

Ive never used more than 20. I dont like a neverending scroll bar. If Im trying to catch up on a conversation I like to know Im getting somewhere when I click to the next page.

Im not trying to minimize the problem. So many of you guys want that feature back, and I think you should have it. Im just curious what is so important about it.

Guest frenchladyfan

why not?

Ive never used more than 20. I dont like a neverending scroll bar. If Im trying to catch up on a conversation I like to know Im getting somewhere when I click to the next page.

Im not trying to minimize the problem. So many of you guys want that feature back, and I think you should have it. Im just curious what is so important about it.

just a matter of comfort. this layout doesn't suit me. contrary to you, i like to scroll down. it gives me a sense of continuity. it's silly, i know, but that's how it is.

and your reaction alone should prove to the invision people why it's important that each poster would be able to set their own number.

just a matter of comfort. this layout doesn't suit me. contrary to you, i like to scroll down. it gives me a sense of continuity. it's silly, i know, but that's how it is.

and your reaction alone should prove to the invision people why it's important that each poster would be able to set their own number.

yep.

I think we're talking about two different things. I was talking about the number of topics on a topic page, are you talking about the number of responses inside a thread?

The feature that I took a screen shot of actually should give a sense of continuity. It adds an additional number of topics to the bottom of the page so you will keep scrolling down as opposed to starting a new page at the top.

Here's an image that shows it after I clicked the link to display more topics, notice the thicker line which shows where the additional topics were added...

EMB-Topics.jpg

What else needs to be fixed, gang?

I am having issues changing my avatar. For some reason it will only let me use my current one and everytime I try to change it it says the address is invaild.

Guest frenchladyfan

I think we're talking about two different things. I was talking about the number of topics on a topic page, are you talking about the number of responses inside a thread?

The feature that I took a screen shot of actually should give a sense of continuity. It adds an additional number of topics to the bottom of the page so you will keep scrolling down as opposed to starting a new page at the top.

Here's an image that shows it after I clicked the link to display more topics, notice the thicker line which shows where the additional topics were added...

yes, you and i were talking about different things, i just wanted to make sure that the invision people were aware that there was still the issue of number of topics per page to sort out. thanks however, for the tip about topics. it can always come in handy. :D

Guest frenchladyfan

not for me it doesn't...

oh. it works for me. what are you doing wrong, sunshine ? ;)

time for a new computer

Doesn't everyone upgrade their computer every 6 to 12 months? I think the longest I've ever gone without a system upgrade of one kind or another (since 1995 or so) is a year and a half.

Doesn't everyone upgrade their computer every 6 to 12 months? I think the longest I've ever gone without a system upgrade of one kind or another (since 1995 or so) is a year and a half.

this is likely a conspiracy by the eagles/invision to stimulate the economy. Make the site look just fine for some people, while others still have a laundry list of issues. Gets the people thinking- "Its fine on his computer. Must be something wrong with mine. Time for a new one."

jk

I don't like the new way it displays threads. Somehow my display changed (I probably clicked something), and all of the sudden I wasn't seeing all of the threads anymore. Specifically, the "Eagles fan for 55 years" thread in TATE. I could see it in my "My Content", since I'd posted in it but I couldn't find it anywhere in TATE... in fact, I just went to TATE and it was gone again. I had to click "Recently Updated" to make it show up again.

If that's going to be a common thing, then this upgrade will really suck big time. I want all threads to show up without having to make extra clicks to display them.

this is likely a conspiracy by the eagles/invision to stimulate the economy. Make the site look just fine for some people, while others still have a laundry list of issues. Gets the people thinking- "Its fine on his computer. Must be something wrong with mine. Time for a new one."

jk

I've been building computers for nearly 20 years, so I've grown accustomed constantly building myself a new system at least once a year... usually right around tax return season lol. My "old" system either gets sold or given to one family member or another.

This year I'm going to upgrade my homes server to an AMD FX 8120 8 core CPU and add an additional 8 GB of RAM (bringing it up to 16 GB total). It currently has a quad core AMD Phenom II (I think it's the 960) with 12 GB of RAM. That motherboard, CPU and 4 GB if it's Ram (2x2) will go into a system for my mother.

My server needs the extra cores and RAM because it's currently running Server 2008 R2 with the Hyper-V Role installed and that's running 4 VMs, (1 XP machine, 2 Windows 7 machines and a Home Server 2011 machine).

I might go with a 6 Core processor if it's a good bit cheaper and will allow me to add a couple more TB of storage, but I have 12 TB now and I'm not really hurting there.

I don't like the new way it displays threads. Somehow my display changed (I probably clicked something), and all of the sudden I wasn't seeing all of the threads anymore. Specifically, the "Eagles fan for 55 years" thread in TATE. I could see it in my "My Content", since I'd posted in it but I couldn't find it anywhere in TATE... in fact, I just went to TATE and it was gone again. I had to click "Recently Updated" to make it show up again.

If that's going to be a common thing, then this upgrade will really suck big time. I want all threads to show up without having to make extra clicks to display them.

I've been building computers for nearly 20 years, so I've grown accustomed constantly building myself a new system at least once a year... usually right around tax return season lol. My "old" system either gets sold or given to one family member or another.

This year I'm going to upgrade my homes server to an AMD FX 8120 8 core CPU and add an additional 8 GB of RAM (bringing it up to 16 GB total). It currently has a quad core AMD Phenom II (I think it's the 960) with 12 GB of RAM. That motherboard, CPU and 4 GB if it's Ram (2x2) will go into a system for my mother.

My server needs the extra cores and RAM because it's currently running Server 2008 R2 with the Hyper-V Role installed and that's running 4 VMs, (1 XP machine, 2 Windows 7 machines and a Home Server 2011 machine).

I might go with a 6 Core processor if it's a good bit cheaper and will allow me to add a couple more TB of storage, but I have 12 TB now and I'm not really hurting there.

so youre nearly going to have enough processing power to handle the new boards. nice!

so youre nearly going to have enough processing power to handle the new boards. nice!

Almost... lol

Mainly I want to put all of my old Eagles games onto my server so I can access them directly on my TV without having to worry about putting DVD's in. Not to mention all of my movies and tv shows and such.

Dave, the boards are ruined. Pass the message on to Invision. They suck.

for a while while the board was functioning very slowly, I had a star rather than the dot to indicate which threads Ive posted in.

Now its gone, but the boards are running smoother.

Sooo, is the number of replies per page going to be changeable again? Hang in there Dave.

Serious question Dave

How hard would it be to go back to the boards we had this time last year? You know the ones we had for year's that worked great? I know alot of time and effort has gone into these new boards but truthfully we like the old board better. So if it's not too much trouble and if it can be done why not just go back to what has worked for year's out here and forget about these unwanted yearly updates.

Serious question Dave

How hard would it be to go back to the boards we had this time last year? You know the ones we had for year's that worked great? I know alot of time and effort has gone into these new boards but truthfully we like the old board better. So if it's not too much trouble and if it can be done why not just go back to what has worked for year's out here and forget about these unwanted yearly updates.

Unless they have last years board backed up, or at least the database, can't happen. If they did have the database (or board) backed up then reverting back to it would lose almost an entire years worth of posts.

Unless they have last years board backed up, or at least the database, can't happen. If they did have the database (or board) backed up then reverting back to it would lose almost an entire years worth of posts.

I don't think people will mind at this point. It seems like alot of work for Dave and Edwin everytime the board changes when the old board worked great and people still miss it. I know they tried to upgrade the board but our board was already great and didn't need to be changed.

I don't think people will mind at this point. It seems like alot of work for Dave and Edwin everytime the board changes when the old board worked great and people still miss it. I know they tried to upgrade the board but our board was already great and didn't need to be changed.

i really dont see anyone complaining anymore.