DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

On 2/16/2012 at 5:28 PM, SP said:

:roll:

I'm 21-years-old. I'm probably more involved with implementing IT system upgrades than you are. And when you have an entity that does not even let those that are critical to the success of the website (the moderators) know that an update with potential bugs is going to occur, that entity deserves to get flamed. You see people bishing about the Facebook Timeline update, but the company took the time to explain the changes that were going to occur and what the users could expect to see. You hear people complaining about the Timeline itself, but not about any bugs involving the update. Wonder why that might be? Because the Facebook team took the time to research the update, implement it in a cloud quarantine zone, and then work out the bugs WELL BEFORE putting the change out to its general users.

The EMB team flipped this change on its users and moderators and THEN asked us to find the bugs. That's COMPLETELY unprofessional. THAT is what we are complaining about, not the fact that the board is updating, but the fact that they are updating the board before seeing how the changes would affect everybody.

They made the same mistake last time and, given the failure of that attempt, you would think they would learn. They don't deserve us to curb our criticism, because 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.' They clearly have no idea what they're doing. When you update something, there should not be a list of twenty to thirty things that the general body of users have to sort through and help the team implementing the changes correct. There should only be one to three quirks, max.

On 2/16/2012 at 3:40 PM, DaveSpadaro said:

Let's make this productive, gang. Thanks.

Dave, you are doing a bang up job on this site.  I have yet to understand why fans can't stay mannerly while they post their concerns.  Sure everytime I look at the Title game and Super Bowl, it angers me that LaGarette Blount left.  But I am not going to forget that we are all in this together.  We can attract attention by the quality of our writing rather than crude responses.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:45 PM, Leonard's Memory Lane said:

Dave, let'e look at Foles.  The key is his desire to be the number one Quarterback.  If he could just stay another year and relook his status, all parties might benefit.  NF is not the first reserve to start and help his team to the big prize.  I will list them but you know these guys better than I do.  The Eagles are still a young team and I really think the we offer Foles the best opportunity to wind up in the Super Bowl again.  The Eagles were only a few plays away  from a 12-4 record.   Even  on the sidelines,  he can offer valuable analysis of previous plays, why they did or did not work, and make rapid fire suggestions on play calling.   A veteran quarterback on the sidelines is in some ways more valuable than the starter on the field. 

15 hours ago, Leonard's Memory Lane said:

Dave, you are doing a bang up job on this site.  I have yet to understand why fans can't stay mannerly while they post their concerns.  Sure everytime I look at the Title game and Super Bowl, it angers me that LaGarette Blount left.  But I am not going to forget that we are all in this together.  We can attract attention by the quality of our writing rather than crude responses.

This particular thread is specifically for technical issues with the EMB.

Unpinned?! I won't be able to pad my post count by telling people that this is only an EMB tech thread, anymore... :o 

Opened my laptop this evening to this

74887022_GotbannedfromtheEMB.png.c105a41482af149c6ae5ab67844279a1.png

However, I was able to access the site on my phone and desktop. So I deleted the history from chrome and that seemed to work.

2 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

However, I was able to access the site on my phone and desktop. So I deleted the history from chrome and that seemed to work.

On 7/21/2019 at 9:27 PM, Don Corleone said:

Thank God it was a glitch. We need you.

10 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

We need you.

Thank you, I appreciate it, but, this place will be just fine without me.

Just now, Don Corleone said:

Thank you, I appreciate it, but, this place will be just fine without me.

idk. after herbicide, I was feeling lost. 

How do you have so many accounts without getting banned??

Just now, IFB DOG said:

idk. after herbicide, I was feeling lost. 

How do you have so many accounts without getting banned??

Have so many accounts? I only have this one.

On 7/21/2019 at 6:27 PM, Don Corleone said:

I could not access on my home network for about 24 hours, kept getting this 

EB7D969D-0BC8-472D-89B4-67DEA219D821.jpeg

On 7/21/2019 at 9:27 PM, Don Corleone said:

:o

WHERES THE MESSAGE BOARDS ON THE UPDATED APP?  I had to go to the internet web site to get on.  I looked almost everywhere on the update and can’t find it!  It was right under "social media” on the previous app.

3 hours ago, Born_Green said:

WHERES THE MESSAGE BOARDS ON THE UPDATED APP?  I had to go to the internet web site to get on.  I looked almost everywhere on the update and can’t find it!  It was right under "social media” on the previous app.

I was going to post the same thing.  I actually found the message board in the app by accident, but I have no idea how I found it.  Part of the reason for that is the updated app requires you to log into the message board again and I couldn't remember my password.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:43 PM, Born_Green said:

Yea, I can't find it on the updated app either.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know if it's possible to have the spoiler icon on mobile?  @VaBeach_Eagle?  

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but does anyone know if it's possible to have the spoiler icon on mobile?  @VaBeach_Eagle?  

Do you mean a spoiler box, like this?

Spoiler

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Do you mean a spoiler box, like this?

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yes.  Unless I'm missing something, the icon isn't on mobile so you have to manually type the word and brackets.  Minor inconvenience but was curious if that's the Invision design or a feature the admins can enable.

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yes.  Unless I'm missing something, the icon isn't on mobile so you have to manually type the word and brackets.  Minor inconvenience but was curious if that's the Invision design or a feature the admins can enable.

Yea it's not on mobile. Would be nice if it was

27 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I would believe that it's an Invision thing. They may have just overlooked the feature when designing the mobile version. It is possible that it's something that needs to be turned on in the Admin Control Panel, @Moderator5 might be able to take a look and see if there's a setting in there.

Of course, you can type out spoiler the tags manually and that should work.

Try it and see if it does, the tags are:

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Of course, the thing you want to pot in the spoiler, goes between the tags.

I know that having to type them out manually is a pain, but if it's something that Invision overlooked, it may be the only way to do it.

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I would believe that it's an Invision thing. They may have just overlooked the feature when designing the mobile version. It is possible that it's something that needs to be turned on in the Admin Control Panel, @Moderator5 might be able to take a look and see if there's a setting in there.

Of course, you can type out spoiler the tags manually and that should work.

Try it and see if it does, the tags are:

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Of course, the thing you want to pot in the spoiler, goes between the tags.

I know that having to type them out manually is a pain, but if it's something that Invision overlooked, it may be the only way to do it.

Thanks.  I know typing it manually works, was just curious if the icon can be enabled on mobile or not.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Phone held vertically Vs held horizontally @VaBeach_Eagle

F8957E5B-9869-46A6-BCD5-778D4E143869.jpeg

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind. Blown.

All this time.  I never turn it sideways on here.  Incredible.

:worthy: @downundermike  Thank you so much!

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Phone held vertically Vs held horizontally @VaBeach_Eagle

Yep, that would do it. That doesn't work on my phone though. I get the same screen no matter how I hold it :huh: ...

revere_3_2_1.jpg.5bcb95ebea4d16fd45a0fbe94968b461.jpg

48 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yep, that would do it. That doesn't work on my phone though. I get the same screen no matter how I hold it :huh: ...

revere_3_2_1.jpg.5bcb95ebea4d16fd45a0fbe94968b461.jpg

Maybe your AOL dial up connection is the issue ??