DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

On 2/16/2012 at 5:28 PM, SP said:

:roll:

I'm 21-years-old. I'm probably more involved with implementing IT system upgrades than you are. And when you have an entity that does not even let those that are critical to the success of the website (the moderators) know that an update with potential bugs is going to occur, that entity deserves to get flamed. You see people bishing about the Facebook Timeline update, but the company took the time to explain the changes that were going to occur and what the users could expect to see. You hear people complaining about the Timeline itself, but not about any bugs involving the update. Wonder why that might be? Because the Facebook team took the time to research the update, implement it in a cloud quarantine zone, and then work out the bugs WELL BEFORE putting the change out to its general users.

The EMB team flipped this change on its users and moderators and THEN asked us to find the bugs. That's COMPLETELY unprofessional. THAT is what we are complaining about, not the fact that the board is updating, but the fact that they are updating the board before seeing how the changes would affect everybody.

They made the same mistake last time and, given the failure of that attempt, you would think they would learn. They don't deserve us to curb our criticism, because 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.' They clearly have no idea what they're doing. When you update something, there should not be a list of twenty to thirty things that the general body of users have to sort through and help the team implementing the changes correct. There should only be one to three quirks, max.

On 2/16/2012 at 3:40 PM, DaveSpadaro said:

Let's make this productive, gang. Thanks.

Dave, you are doing a bang up job on this site.  I have yet to understand why fans can't stay mannerly while they post their concerns.  Sure everytime I look at the Title game and Super Bowl, it angers me that LaGarette Blount left.  But I am not going to forget that we are all in this together.  We can attract attention by the quality of our writing rather than crude responses.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:45 PM, Leonard's Memory Lane said:

Dave, let'e look at Foles.  The key is his desire to be the number one Quarterback.  If he could just stay another year and relook his status, all parties might benefit.  NF is not the first reserve to start and help his team to the big prize.  I will list them but you know these guys better than I do.  The Eagles are still a young team and I really think the we offer Foles the best opportunity to wind up in the Super Bowl again.  The Eagles were only a few plays away  from a 12-4 record.   Even  on the sidelines,  he can offer valuable analysis of previous plays, why they did or did not work, and make rapid fire suggestions on play calling.   A veteran quarterback on the sidelines is in some ways more valuable than the starter on the field. 

15 hours ago, Leonard's Memory Lane said:

Dave, you are doing a bang up job on this site.  I have yet to understand why fans can't stay mannerly while they post their concerns.  Sure everytime I look at the Title game and Super Bowl, it angers me that LaGarette Blount left.  But I am not going to forget that we are all in this together.  We can attract attention by the quality of our writing rather than crude responses.

This particular thread is specifically for technical issues with the EMB.

Unpinned?! I won't be able to pad my post count by telling people that this is only an EMB tech thread, anymore... :o