DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Phone held vertically Vs held horizontally @VaBeach_Eagle

D8DDB970-D7C5-45A5-93CC-4DB3117AA9B1.jpeg

F8957E5B-9869-46A6-BCD5-778D4E143869.jpeg

LMFAO All this time and I never thought to do this either:roll: Just wow

I've actually gone back on PC to put stuff I typed on mobile in spoiler tags:roll:

Although it's weird that the icon is there horizontally and not vertically

45 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Maybe your AOL dial up connection is the issue ??

lol I'm not joking, that is literally my phone. I refuse to get a smart phone, and I refuse to be 'connected' when I'm away from home and I refuse to pay for a 'data plan'.

A lot of times when I click to like or thumbs up button a post it will say my reaction is removed. And it will do that for my first click

16 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

lol I'm not joking, that is literally my phone. I refuse to get a smart phone, and I refuse to be 'connected' when I'm away from home and I refuse to pay for a 'data plan'.

Had no idea dial up was still possible in the US

8 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

A lot of times when I click to like or thumbs up button a post it will say my reaction is removed. And it will do that for my first click

Had no idea dial up was still possible in the US

I don't have dialup, I have a flip phone. I haven't had dialup Internet access since 1999... or maybe it was 1998.

Dave-We here about the shoulder injury to Dak Prescott.   I hope it is real & it's not just possum playing.  It would seem appropriate  because Philadelphia has been so depleted with injuries both last and this year.   How are Jordan Howard & Jay Agayi.  Could they play Sunday?  I don't know when I have ever been so tensed about a regular season game.  Football is a game of inches. If Rasul Douglas makes that play last year in Dallas he would have gone 99 yards & won the game.  We were gracious two years ago & allowed Dallas to beat the Eagles.  About  the only good thing I see this year is that, regardless of what happens,  Dallas will be at best a 9-7 team.  That's one game behind last year. I hope Jones fires Jason Garrett.  The change in Dallas will be unsettling and they may be easy pickings in 2020.   I just don't think I can stand watching the game & I will watch the condensed version on NFL Game Day.

On 2/16/2012 at 4:01 PM, DaveSpadaro said:

Great productivity. Thanks for staying classy

You are doing great Dave.  These fans, me included, can be very demanding.

We here that Jordan Howard may be available.  If this good is true, he will obviously add an additional offensive threat.  However, we don't know if he be effective after a layoff.

After the season,  we need to look at this second straight year end surge.   I just wish we had been able to defeat Atlanta, Detroit, and Miami.  There would have been a free game on Sunday just like 2010 and 2017.   In the Reid years after the Super Bowl in 04,  we had the same problem of waiting until the year end to win consistently.  Remember  06, 07, 08, 09 ,011.  In 06, 08, 09,  I think the team would have done better in the playoffs with the BYE week and the home field advantage.  07  and 011  there were real appointments.  The Eagles  won the last three games in those two years but missed the playoffs.   Andy Reid had the same line.  "I am proud of our guys for winning but I have got get it done sooner.   The St Louis Cardinals, the New York Giants had recurring streaks.  You let me know and I will send them to you,.

2 hours ago, Leonard's Memory Lane said:

We here that Jordan Howard may be available.

This particular thread is for technical problems with the board (or PE.COM in some cases). For football related questions, you'd probably do better to make a new thread. I don't know if Dave even comes into this thread. Do he may never see your posts.

Can you change the rules for the What's Up section of the forums?

What's Up

If we don't have a forum for it already, talk about it here! Phillies, Flyers, 76ers, college sports, movies, TV, music, news stories, weather, school, work....anything you think fellow members would enjoy!

WARNING: some material may not be suitable for children under the age of 13.

There's a disclaimer right under the name yet we get warnings and suspensions for posting memes/pictures that have profanity in them

If you turn on the TV you can hear profanity nowadays. Basic cable allows curse words now. PG13 movies are even allowed to say the F word. I'm not saying change the censors for the text because I doubt you can have it separate for different parts of the forum. Just allow profanity in pictures and memes in the What's Up section please.

It'd be very nice if there was a section of the forums that was just for 18+

17 hours ago, mike030270 said:

If you turn on the TV you can hear profanity nowadays. Basic cable allows curse words now.

I don't watch much (really any) regular TV. Most of what I watch is on Netflix, YouTube or my home Media Server. Recently, I've been watching some shows on Netflix that were originally on network TV (not the 3 main ones, CW). Specifically The Flash and Arrow. I was pretty surprised to hear some profanity, since these series are from regular TV.

I have to say though, when I heard the D word (the same as Vermeil's first name), I did think of the EMBs profanity filter. We can't even type the first name of the first coach to take us to a Super Bowl but they can say it on regular TV now. At that time, I actually thought about making a thread to ask that the Mods at least allow us to post Vermeil's first name. If people get out of hand with it, they (the mods) can still warn or suspend.