DaveSpadaro

Post Your EMB Questions/Concerns Here

Here's a nit picky thing that I just noticed, but considering that the board has a themed skin it should probably be fixed to go with the teams (and the boards) colors...

Why the mauve background when it should be green? Whoever does the skinning for the board needs to adjust that.

red.jpg

Guest frenchladyfan

Still no mobile version of the boards on my Droid Incredible.

sigh in compassion and empathy.

Here's a nit picky thing that I just noticed, but considering that the board has a themed skin it should probably be fixed to go with the teams (and the boards) colors...

Why the mauve background when it should be green? Whoever does the skinning for the board needs to adjust that.

red.jpg

Mine is midnight green, not sure what you're seeing.

It's only when you scroll over the "PREV" or "NEXT" button that those colors show up.

Sometimes when I try to reply to someone, it does nothing. Then I have to multi-quote that plus another post to make it work, then delete the 2nd one.

I've seen a lot of people writing new posts but putting the name or copying and pasting what they are quoting so it seems to be a problem for some others.

I've used both IE and Firefox, PC and Mac and I get the same problems.

When you multi-quote, there's no space between the quotes.

What determines the order of smilies? The most often used ones should be first.

On IE, I have to click "show all" to see all the smilies, on Firefox there is an arrow to scroll through the bottom bar to see all the smilies. It'd be nice to have that arrow on IE.

Put your mouse over "Next" or "Prev", like in the image that I posted. Does it (the background like in the image) turn mauve or is it green?

I don't like the new way it displays threads. Somehow my display changed (I probably clicked something), and all of the sudden I wasn't seeing all of the threads anymore. Specifically, the "Eagles fan for 55 years" thread in TATE. I could see it in my "My Content", since I'd posted in it but I couldn't find it anywhere in TATE... in fact, I just went to TATE and it was gone again. I had to click "Recently Updated" to make it show up again.

I figured this one out, it was something I didn't click. When I set the custom sorting rules it was set to show me all of the posts (as opposed to just the last 7 or 14 days) and it was set to sort by the date the thread was started.

Fixing that so that it sorts by the date of the most recent post fixed the issue.

On a side note, I don't like the text area (the place where you type a post) accepting HTML automatically. When I copy and paste something, I don't want it formatted automatically. If I want formatting to ba added then I want to be the one to add it.

Put your mouse over "Next" or "Prev", like in the image that I posted. Does it (the background like in the image) turn mauve or is it green?

Yeah the other guy said that, too. I saw it, it's 2 small buttons when you hover. It should be changed, but your original post made it sound like the entire page isn't in green. If you posted a pic, I didn't see it. A lot of pics don't show up on my work computer firewall.

red.jpg

I cannot get the quote icon to work when creating a post. Not quoting another poster, which really should be called reply. But when I copy and paste something into the post and want to wrap it in quote tags, the quote icon above doesn't work. you have to write out with the brackets.

This is pretty awesome how these problems get fixed right away and making sure the features of the site work as well as they pre-'upgrade' is a top priority around here....

Yeah the other guy said that, too. I saw it, it's 2 small buttons when you hover. It should be changed, but your original post made it sound like the entire page isn't in green. If you posted a pic, I didn't see it. A lot of pics don't show up on my work computer firewall.

Yeah, without seeing the image I posted it would definitely look like I was talking about the entire board lol

I cannot get the quote icon to work when creating a post. Not quoting another poster, which really should be called reply. But when I copy and paste something into the post and want to wrap it in quote tags, the quote icon above doesn't work. you have to write out with the brackets.

I've mistakenly clicked "Report" more than once because I'm looking for "Reply" lol

Dave, I'm wondering if the problem of not being able to see which threads we've posted in could be a skinning issue? Could you temporarily enable the default Invision skin as an alternate choice to the EMB skin? Then some of us could switch to that skin and see if the threads indicate which ones we've already posted in.

Rams and Redskins make a trade for the #2 pick, and our boards have a hiccup. About 5-10 mnutes after the story is posted on PFT, we have 2 threads in TATE about it, and next thing you know "SQL Error".

2 teams neither of which are the eagles, trading a pick that we couldnt/shouldnt have even tried to get. To draft a player that would have come at too great a cost for us to target.

All of these things making the news unrelated to the eagles, yet still its somehow a big enough event to crash the boards. (Like Kuechly's 40 did)

What are we to expect come Tuesday when actual eagles news starts to pick up?

I really hope to be able to discuss the news here, but things are not looking promising. We have crashes during free agency every year, and every year it gets worked on, and the next year we get the same issue.

Now we just got lucky here and got a little warning before the big day. Please do something about this.

That just shows the amount of traffic the board gets that even something like that crashes the servers.

right, but traffic increases every year for days like the first day of free agency, and every year we get crashes. Every year it seems they are upgrading servers to try to handle the traffic for next time, and it never gets fixed.

Now we got a little warning beforehand seeing crash during the RG3 news, I hope it helps them better prepare for Tuesday.

Every time I quote someone, let's say there are some paragraphs or bullet points, it just groups it all together into one large wall of text and it's dificult to locate and highlight the points I'm replying to.

Every time I quote someone, let's say there are some paragraphs or bullet points, it just groups it all together into one large wall of text and it's dificult to locate and highlight the points I'm replying to.

Yeah, I think that's part of the same issue I have from this previous post:

On a side note, I don't like the text area (the place where you type a post) accepting HTML automatically. When I copy and paste something, I don't want it formatted automatically. If I want formatting to ba added then I want to be the one to add it.

Search is working, I have been told. What else?

not for me it doesn't...

finally executed a successful search today. hotlinking a URL to text still escapes me tho, and no indicator of where i've posted really sucks.

finally executed a successful search today. hotlinking a URL to text still escapes me tho, and no indicator of where i've posted really sucks.

Linking a URL to text works, for me anyway. Highlight the text that you want linked, then click the little link icon above the text area and enter the URL.

Here's a hotlinked text example, just to test it...

YouTube

The indicator to see where we've previously posted continues to be my biggest 'complaint' too.

Guest frenchladyfan

The new format is what it is, to borrow a phrase I can't stand ... I hope you are feeling more comfortable on the boards and are enjoying the improvements.

does that mean that there will be absolutely no other changes or rectifying of malfunctions ?