BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

I just received this in the mail today, DirecTV that was charging up to $375.00 for the Ticket is now charging $299.94 for The Ticket this OR Get NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX AT NO COST

tHIS YEAR WITH THE NFL EXTRA POINTS CARD

LEARN MORE AT

I moved, and they gave me a monthly discount on my regular bill, free cable channels and free Sunday ticket to keep DirecTV.

They announced this about 2 months ago actually. There's a thread about it somewhere around here.

Yes, you are correct, but, at the same time it was unclear to some because some of us who never received any information about till this now, or a least me till now. ;):P:-)

Just a heads up about the auto-renewal for the ticket. If you don't call and let them know you want the basic ticket, they will auto-renew you with ticket max which costs a total of 299.99, not the tv advertised price of 199.00.

Just a heads up about the auto-renewal for the ticket. If you don't call and let them know you want the basic ticket, they will auto-renew you with ticket max which costs a total of 299.99, not the tv advertised price of 199.00.

I'd let it auto-renew, that gives you a reason to call them pissed off and complaining. Threaten to cancel DTV and get the ticket for free in return for a promise not to cancel.

I'd let it auto-renew, that gives you a reason to call them pissed off and complaining. Threaten to cancel DTV and get the ticket for free in return for a promise not to cancel.

You first lol

You first lol

I've done it every year for several years, I'll do it again this year. There's multiple threads around here from past years where we've all talked about it.

Every football forum has the guy who claims he never pays for the ticket as a result of that lame trick. It doesn't work and the guy is a liar. The best you can hope for is that they will give it to you at a reduced rate. The operators need to be aware of this customer scam and not budge when people claim they're going to change providers.

I've done it every year for several years, I'll do it again this year. There's multiple threads around here from past years where we've all talked about it.

Meh a few of us chip in on it so it isn't worth the phone call. I HATE talking on the phone though.

Meh a few of us chip in on it so it isn't worth the phone call. I HATE talking on the phone though.

I actually do it through email with them. Last year they gave it to me for free. The few years prior to last year I got around $200 off each year.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Directv is crazy if they think im paying 200-300.

Every football forum has the guy who claims he never pays for the ticket as a result of that lame trick. It doesn't work and the guy is a liar. The best you can hope for is that they will give it to you at a reduced rate. The operators need to be aware of this customer scam and not budge when people claim they're going to change providers.

Every football forum has people that should be on everyone's ignore list... :rolleyes:

DTV.jpg

This was after having already had a credit of about $50 applied the previous month.

Every football forum has the guy who claims he never pays for the ticket as a result of that lame trick. It doesn't work and the guy is a liar.

DTV.jpg

This^^^^^^^^^^^^

Directv is crazy if they think im paying 200-300.

Yeah, I actually may cancel it this year (DTV). I get most of the Eagles games on TV as it is and if I can always subscribe to Sunday Ticket on the PS3 if I want to.

This is correct. I just called a couple of weeks ago to cancel, they didn't even try to talk me out of it or offer any deals. I never even received a return call asking why or what they could do to keep me as a customer.

Every football forum has people that should be on everyone's ignore list... :rolleyes:

DTV.jpg

This was after having already had a credit of about $50 applied the previous month.

This proves nothing.

This is correct. I just called a couple of weeks ago to cancel, they didn't even try to talk me out of it or offer any deals. I never even received a return call asking why or what they could do to keep me as a customer.

This proves nothing.

I've had the ST since 2004 and either i get it free or half price. I have never paid anywhere close to full price. I actually just got it free last year. You just suck at bargaining against their overpriced package or you must be in bad standings with them. The first operators you talk to can only give you about 5 or maybe $10 off but when you tell them to cancel then they will put you through retentions to cancel. That's when they reward customers with good history a much deeper discount or sometime even free.

I've had the ST since 2004 and either i get it free or half price. I have never paid anywhere close to full price. I actually just got it free last year. You just suck at bargaining against their overpriced package or you must be in bad standings with them. The first operators you talk to can only give you about 5 or maybe $10 off but when you tell them to cancel then they will put you through retentions to cancel. That's when they reward customers with good history a much deeper discount or sometime even free.

There was no need to bargain. I was cancelling Direct TV no matter what, just pointing out that they didn't offer anything to stay. Bad standings :roll:

Here is the biggest trick to getting ST at a reduced price, even free.

Let it auto re-new. Their contract is built off of subsciptions sold. They don't like losing them. So they are more inclined to offer you bill credits, free channels, etc to offset your costs. Complain about the price around the end of Aug or start of Sep (must do this before the 1st game is played).

I've had monthly credits applied, reduced prices, each year. I've not had to pay more than $100 for Sunday ticket ever.

Now here's another thing about this... Their normal customer service folks don't have as much "power" to give you deals on this as their service cancellation folks do...So when you call DirecTV up and the prompt asks you "what are you calling about today" say "cancel service". When you speak to them, just let them know that you don't want to cancel service, but that you don't feel that you should pay full price for ST when members that are moving and new members get it for free.

It's not scamming them. You don't want to pay full price and you want a discount. There are so many subscribers that do this year in and out, why not voice your concern over the price and get a reduced rate as well?

Hell, last year I pointed out that I get ST because I'm an Eagles fan and I get half of the games as is anyways... The guy that gave me my discounts was a Saints fan...we shot the breeze (almost a pun there) for a few minutes talking football and bam....I had $40 off my bill for 6 months (basically making the ST fee $16.50 or so a month).

Basically, long range look at it, I paid 20% of what they wanted for ST. I get other discounts and things like that as well when I make that call (I also get Center Ice).

I have the premium channels and such and I order sports packages - so this does make it easier for them to offer promotions, discounts, etc.. But remember, you have to deal with the cancellation folks. They have the ability to give you the best possible stuff.

:offtopic: I know thing is that my 3 year old is about to get pissed when he finds out DTV cut his favorite channels this morning.

FWIW...I've had DTV for a few years and had outrun my previous "agreement",making me essentially a free agent by paying month to month. After seeing this thread I figured I'd give them a call re: ST. I was told that if I agreed to a 1 yr contract that I'd get ST for free,(or $199 w/o the contract.) And,according to my account,that's exactly what I've got. What will happen NEXT year remains to be seen....? VIACOM??? ...BS!

Eagle_smiley.jpg:flex:

Ticket-MAX is different from the 199 advertised price...The 199 price is just for sunday ticket, ticket-MAX includes red-zone and online abilities as well

Meh...i don't mind the new $200 price tag. I called because they were auto renewing me for the Ticket-2-Go price and I didn't want it so they dropped it to $150 and threw in their WiFi adapter ($100) for free.

:offtopic: I know thing is that my 3 year old is about to get pissed when he finds out DTV cut his favorite channels this morning.

Yeah, my wife and kiddos are not pleased at all... They literally cut 90% of the tv usage for them.

probably will be back on in a few days but still.

Gives me a reason to call and get a discount... Wife is giving them a week to fix or she wants another provider (hope it doesn't go that far, I want my f'in sunday ticket).