BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, with me living 5 minutes from the North Carolina border, I can get a digital antenna and get all of Philadelphia's local CBS/FOX/ABC/NBC and other over the air broadcasts for no monthly charge?

No. But some ****ot cried about not being able to watch Survivor. 

18 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

And Virginia gets the Eagles on over the air FOX tomorrow anyways 

Of course we'll get it tomorrow, it's a Redskins game. We likely won't get them next week. Plus, we won't get any of the Eagles pre and post game shows or any of the other Eagles programming.

That's ok though, I get local Philadelphia TV here in Hampton Roads Virginia.

As for an antenna and Survivor, I have a brother who uses PS Vue for his TV and where he lives, he can't get CBS so he can't get Survivor. He tried an antenna, and still couldn't pull in CBS OTA. The way we solved that, was I would upload that nights episode to my home server and he'd log in and download it to watch it. That's the only thing from any of the OTA networks that he'd want to watch anyway, so he doesn't care that he can't get the 'locals'.

13 hours ago, nipples said:

I think that is just a limitation of the Roku app, it doesn't have a traditional guide like it does on PS4, Fire TV and Apple TV. I haven't tried this personally, but have you tried signing into Vue in your browser to see if there is a guide that way? If not, I believe the Android/iOS apps have a guide. 

I logged in on my laptop and I see there's a guide there, but there isn't one on the Roku. SO I was able to scan through and set things to 'My Shows', as I suspected though, the Eagles game was already going to record. The MNF games weren't going to though.  

On 7/25/2017 at 11:41 AM, Pallidrone said:

If you go Vue and dont care about having the local news on the main channels, you don't have to get the Sunday Ticket.

I am in the NY area, but signed up under the zip code 19019 and I have received the Philly channels the entire time. I was able to watch every Eagles game last year and use the DVR feature as well.

The only weird thing is that it glitched out one time and I lost CSN and got YES instead and that has remained that way since. I have not changed it because I was lazy. I am going to try it fix it sometime in the next week to make sure I get all the preseason games.

Trying it for the first time today, got the full Philadelphia channel line up, but Fox is giving me an error that the connection is good but can not stream this content.

Any advice

18 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Have people never heard of digital antennas that they've been selling for like a decade now? As long as you don't live in some awful valley, $30-100 (based on quality/device preference) will but you an device with the footprint of a tablet and the thickness of a coaster to hang up on your wall (usually near a window) and get all your CBS/FOX/ABC/NBC and other over the air broadcasts for no monthly charge. 

Yeah, except not everyone lives somewhere that gets Philly stations OTA. Sure maybe some games can be picked up if they happen to be on, but the local game isn't always the Eagles. And not everyone lives somewhere that they can even pick up the OTA broadcasts. I'm too far from the towers to pick any of them up.

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Trying it for the first time today, got the full Philadelphia channel line up, but Fox is giving me an error that the connection is good but can not stream this content.

Any advice

Wish I could tell ya but I've never had that issue. What are you watching on? (Roku, Fire TV, web browser, etc?)

PS Vue on PS4

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Wish I could tell ya but I've never had that issue. What are you watching on? (Roku, Fire TV, web browser, etc?)

PS Vue on PS4

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

PS Vue on PS4

PS Vue on PS4

It's too late today, but if it happens again, try logging in on your PC or a Laptop and see if it'll stream.

If I'd thought about it during the game, I'd have tried that.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's too late today, but if it happens again, try logging in on your PC or a Laptop and see if it'll stream.

If I'd thought about it during the game, I'd have tried that.

I did that, no luck.

9 hours ago, nipples said:

Yeah, except not everyone lives somewhere that gets Philly stations OTA. Sure maybe some games can be picked up if they happen to be on, but the local game isn't always the Eagles. And not everyone lives somewhere that they can even pick up the OTA broadcasts. I'm too far from the towers to pick any of them up.

Nobody told you to play "let's pretend I live in the 1600s!" except for you. There are plenty of underdeveloped and uncivilized countries around the world if that's the type of living environment you want to be in brah! 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I did that, no luck.

Nope, didn't record. I got all of the other games from the day, that aired in Philadelphia. But not the Eagles game. All of the pre and post game shows recorded too. Just not the game.

4 hours ago, electrickeagle said:

No luck with PSVue.  I guess they've caught on.  Bummer.  

Yeah tried again too it kept saying error. I don't see what the problem is if your willing to pay the extra for those locals. 

14 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Nobody told you to play "let's pretend I live in the 1600s!" except for you. There are plenty of underdeveloped and uncivilized countries around the world if that's the type of living environment you want to be in brah! 

Oh yes, it really sucks living out in the country where I don't have to deal with crowded living. I really wish I didn't have so many acres of land to myself; if only I could live with a bunch of annoying neighbors surrounding me that'd be great. 

4 hours ago, electrickeagle said:

No luck with PSVue.  I guess they've caught on.  Bummer.  

Naw they didn't catch on to anything, people who actually live in the Philly market had it blacked out too. Sounds like a glitch, because there were only two cities where it happened. I think it was an error on Sony's part, since all the other local affiliates had no blackout.  

Also if it happens in the future for anyone, you can still use your Vue login on the Fox Sports Go app to stream it. That did work yesterday even though Vue for some reason had it blacked out. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Naw they didn't catch on to anything, people who actually live in the Philly market had it blacked out too. Sounds like a glitch, because there were only two cities where it happened. I think it was an error on Sony's part, since all the other local affiliates had no blackout.  

Also if it happens in the future for anyone, you can still use your Vue login on the Fox Sports Go app to stream it. That did work yesterday even though Vue for some reason had it blacked out. 

THANK YOU!  Will check this out - much appreciated, Sir!

56 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

Sorry was out of the country so I did not get a chance to see the game. 

I saw that FoxSportsApp worked with a psvue login

I tried that, logged in with my PSVue account, was picking up local games, not the ones my PSVue was scheduled to show.

I think it was just a glitch yesterday. I got all of the other games that were aired in Philly. There was no reason that the game would have been legitimately blacked out in Philadelphia. Hopefully that glitch won't happen with any future games. If it's a weekly problem, I'll drop the service. I can get by with just Merrill & Mike, and the Game Day thread, if need be.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:26 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

When I try to watch anything, the Vue app just crashes. Is anyone else having issues with Vue?

I actually used an old account and just put in a new card I'm back living at the Linc!! Haha and there was some updates I had to do before it worked maybe it was that?