BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

24 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I actually used an old account and just put in a new card I'm back living at the Linc!! Haha and there was some updates I had to do before it worked maybe it was that?

The problem that I was having with it crashing, only lasted for about 2 hours.

30 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The problem that I was having with it crashing, only lasted for about 2 hours.

Ok good. Yeah it's sucks I had the 35 dollar package with direct TV with over 100 channels and they fixed a lot of their bugs but, no local. I'm sick of going to the bar to watch games lol. 

has csnphilly disappeared for anyone else? I know they were supposed to switch it to nbcsports philadelpha or whatever but I don't have that channel either. If I have to use a stream again this week I'm cancelling vue, the eagles and flyes are literally the only reason I have it

31 minutes ago, BDAWK_4EVER said:

has csnphilly disappeared for anyone else? I know they were supposed to switch it to nbcsports philadelpha or whatever but I don't have that channel either. If I have to use a stream again this week I'm cancelling vue, the eagles and flyes are literally the only reason I have it

I still have it. At least in the online version, I'll check my Roku later.

21 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I still have it. At least in the online version, I'll check my Roku later.

good call, it is in my online version. My ps4 is being wonky, maybe they finally figured it out that I don't live in area

1 minute ago, BDAWK_4EVER said:

good call, it is in my online version. My ps4 is being wonky, maybe they finally figured it out that I don't live in area

I've avoided accessing it via my PS3, since that's a Sony product and maybe they have more ways to see where you are through it. I only access it through the PC or the Roku.

It's probably because of my internet connection, or maybe I'm doing too much on my PC while the game is streaming, but on the PC it's a little jerky. Not so much that I can't watch it, but enough that over the course of 10 minutes, it throws the TV-Radio sync, out of sync. So I've switched to my Roku.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

As I said in the open discussion thread, PSVue on the PC is great for posting while watching:

Screen.thumb.jpg.4d88e8be609dfe16dc80ccd6a33f9cca.jpg

Amateur hour, two monitors son.

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

Amateur hour, two monitors son.

I have two 32 Inch monitors, side by side on my desk, but I can't take a screenshot of my desk and my camera's battery is dead. I could have just taken the screen shot of the extended desktop, but that image would be rather large, so I pulled the TV browser into the same monitor as the game day thread and put them side by side that way. Here's what that looks like...

This is with the desktop extended across my two monitors, the game stream is in a browser displayed in the left monitor and the board on the monitor on the right. I can drag and drop from one monitor to the other when I want to.

Dual_3.thumb.jpg.202d7664aa4bfa3ed108fbdfd0372307.jpg

The picture below is about 10 years old or 12 years old, none of those TV's are actually still in my possession, and while I do still have all 12 of my TiVo's, none of those pictured are still in operation. I've down sized from 12 DVR's to 4 since then.

TiVo_.jpg.16934a2815ab2b09b7ab31d7124ccd0a.jpg

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

@VaBeach_Eagle, just breaking balls buddy.

Oh, I know. It was just a reason to break out the multi-TV/multi-TiVo picture... Take note of the tiny portable TV under all the other ones... lol

On 9/18/2017 at 2:07 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Oh, I know. It was just a reason to break out the multi-TV/multi-TiVo picture... Take note of the tiny portable TV under all the other ones... lol

http://cordcuttersnews.com/playstation-vue-subscribers-will-lose-live-locals-november-8th-2017/

Hope this doesn't spell trouble for us buddy

12 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

If it does, it'll suck, but for the Eagles games that I won't get here, I'll just listen to Merrill and Mike while posting in the game day thread. Then, later I'll download the game from TyT (if it was a good game).

Reading that though, it's not quite clear that it will affect us:

Since launch Sony’s live TV streaming service,

PlayStation Vue has had a reputation of offering incorrect locals. For example, at our office instead of getting locals from our area, we get locals from over 3 hours away and 2 TV markets away.

Now it looks like PlayStation Vue is working to fix that and is contacting subscribers to let them know that on November 8th 2017 their locals may change or they may lose locals on that day.

To me, that kind of reads like someone paid for Vue but got the incorrect locals when they intended on getting the correct locals, but Vue screwed up.

For us pirates though, we're scamming them by giving them a fake address (in my case, I live at Lincoln Financial Field :lol:). So if my thought is right, they see our addresses as being in Philly, so they think we're getting the correct locals.

Now if they match IP addresses with actual geographical locations, then we're screwed.

But like I said, if November 8th is the last day we can scam Philly locals, then it was good while it lasted. I'll just go back to missing a few games here and there (on TV), and listening to it on the radio (Merrill and Mike).

If I just can't live without the games on TV, at some point I may break down and get the Sunday Ticket again, but I honestly can't bring myself to spend that much on games anymore. There's always something better to spend the money on.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If it does, it'll suck, but for the Eagles games that I won't get here, I'll just listen to Merrill and Mike while posting in the game day thread. Then, later I'll download the game from TyT (if it was a good game).

To me, that kind of reads like someone paid for Vue but got the incorrect locals when they intended on getting the correct locals, but Vue screwed up.

For us pirates though, we're scamming them by giving them a fake address (in my case, I live at Lincoln Financial Field :lol:). So if my thought is right, they see our addresses as being in Philly, so they think we're getting the correct locals.

Now if they match IP addresses with actual geographical locations, then we're screwed.

But like I said, if November 8th is the last day we can scam Philly locals, then it was good while it lasted. I'll just go back to missing a few games here and there (on TV), and listening to it on the radio (Merrill and Mike).

If I just can't live without the games on TV, at some point I may break down and get the Sunday Ticket again, but I honestly can't bring myself to spend that much on games anymore. There's always something better to spend the money on.

If AT&T would start offering Sunday Ticket on DirecTV Now instead of just DTV satellite service, I'd switch over to that in a heartbeat. 

11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was thinking the same as well about them leaving ours alone because they are thinking we are getting the right locals. I hope so. This streaming nonsense is getting to be a pain. 

I have to say, I really do enjoy having the Philly locals. I only really watch the Eagles related shows, but it's great having them. For anyone that's lived in that area all their lives, they just don't know what it's like living someplace where there's never any coverage of the Eagles and what a great thing it is to have shows that are entirely dedicated to the Eagles.

I just wish I'd had this capability in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

For those that have Vue and are "Living at Lincoln Financial Field", tonight on NBC Sports Philadelphia, they're going to have a 30th Anniversary special on the Body Bag Game, at (or about) 10 PM.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

For those that have Vue and are "Living at Lincoln Financial Field", tonight on NBC Sports Philadelphia, they're going to have a 30th Anniversary special on the Body Bag Game, at (or about) 10 PM.

I'm gonna have to move out of that stadium rent is getting ridiculous!! Lol. And thanks for the suggestion! I'm gonna check it out for sure

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

I'm gonna have to move out of that stadium rent is getting ridiculous!! Lol. And thanks for the suggestion! I'm gonna check it out for sure

Yeah, but the view on Sundays is awesome! lol

On 10/22/2017 at 2:55 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have to say, I really do enjoy having the Philly locals. I only really watch the Eagles related shows, but it's great having them. For anyone that's lived in that area all their lives, they just don't know what it's like living someplace where there's never any coverage of the Eagles and what a great thing it is to have shows that are entirely dedicated to the Eagles.

I just wish I'd had this capability in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

It really is a wonderful thing.I added on the Sports Package to get the Redzone channel and now I also get all the NBC Sports Channels which is cool.

16 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

It really is a wonderful thing.I added on the Sports Package to get the Redzone channel and now I also get all the NBC Sports Channels which is cool.

Yeah, I really enjoy the shows on NBC Sports Philadelphia. Quick Slants, and the Post Game shows and such.

VaBeach_Eagle, I haven't read through this entire thread, but can you explain how you are getting all the local Philadelphia content?  Does this mean that you get to watch the Eagles on the local Philadelphia channel even though you are in Virginia?