BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

7 minutes ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

VaBeach_Eagle, I haven't read through this entire thread, but can you explain how you are getting all the local Philadelphia content?  Does this mean that you get to watch the Eagles on the local Philadelphia channel even though you are in Virginia?

Yes, that's right. I have a Roku Streaming Stick, and subscribed to PSVue. When I subscribed, it asked for my address. I put in a Philadelphia address as my home (as others in this thread have, also). When I put my billing address in, for my credit card, I used my real address.

If you do it, don't sign up through a PlayStation, do it online in a browser. Others who have tried to do it on their PS3 or PS4 have not been successful, but so far, everyone that I've seen do it in a browser, have been (me included).

So, I live in Virginia (5 to 10 minutes away from NC), but on the Roku, I get all of Philadelphia's Locals. The package that I subscribed to also includes the Philadelphia sports channels. So I get things like NBC Sports Philadelphia.

1 hour ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

VaBeach_Eagle, I haven't read through this entire thread, but can you explain how you are getting all the local Philadelphia content?  Does this mean that you get to watch the Eagles on the local Philadelphia channel even though you are in Virginia?

Yes. If you have a Amazon Fire Stick, Roku or a Playstation you can do this.

Go to vue.playstation.com on a PC and sign up. When you sign up use the zip code of 19019 as where you are located. You can get a free trial and then watch Philly channels all year long for a low price. VA and I have been doing this for the past year or so and have seen every single Eagles game (with the exception of the first one this year for some reason).

Can I stream PSVue on my Apple TV or an Amazon Fire Stick?  Do I have to have the PS4 for it to work?

I'm not sure if Apple TV or Amazon Fire will work, go to https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/, there should be a list of devices some where there.

I also use my browser to stream some of the games, when I'm not at my main TV, which is where my Roku is.

If it won't stream on your devices though, you can get a Roku Streaming Stick for about $40 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Streaming-Stick-Portable-power-packed/dp/B075XN5L53/ref=sr_1_4?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1509568813&sr=1-4

47 minutes ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

I will certainly be giving this a try this weekend

You can do a 1 week free preview, after 1 week they begin charging you.

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm not sure if Apple TV or Amazon Fire will work, go to https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/, there should be a list of devices some where there.

I also use my browser to stream some of the games, when I'm not at my main TV, which is where my Roku is.

If it won't stream on your devices though, you can get a Roku Streaming Stick for about $40 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Streaming-Stick-Portable-power-packed/dp/B075XN5L53/ref=sr_1_4?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1509568813&sr=1-4

You can do a 1 week free preview, after 1 week they begin charging you.

I thought someone posted they were removing local channels on PSVUE

Just now, downundermike said:

That was for people whose local areas were receiving the incorrect locals. Like if I live in Norfolk but they're giving me Richmond locals. They're fixing it so that I get my true locals.

In our case though, they believe we live in Philadelphia, so we're getting the correct locals for Philadelphia. If they knew I lived in Virginia, I'd only get Hampton Roads (Norfolk/Virginia Beach/Chesapeake/etc...) locals. But like I said, as far as they're concerned, I live at Lincoln Financial Field... lol

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Here's the link to that article: http://www.cordcuttersnews.com/playstation-vue-subscribers-will-lose-live-locals-november-8th-2017/

So far, I've never been notified of a change in my subscription. So we'll see on November 8th. Like I said before, it'll suck if it happens, but I'll just go back to Merrill and Mike and the game day thread for the games I don't get locally here.

19 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Here's the link to that article: http://www.cordcuttersnews.com/playstation-vue-subscribers-will-lose-live-locals-november-8th-2017/

So far, I've never been notified of a change in my subscription. So we'll see on November 8th. Like I said before, it'll suck if it happens, but I'll just go back to Merrill and Mike and the game day thread for the games I don't get locally here.

Don't jinx us!!

VaBeach_Eagle, I am so glad that I found this thread...watched the game on CBS Philadelphia, so pumped!!! Big props for all who discovered this!!!

22 minutes ago, PhillyDan1969 said:

VaBeach_Eagle, I am so glad that I found this thread...watched the game on CBS Philadelphia, so pumped!!! Big props for all who discovered this!!!

Be sure to set Quick Slants to record, as well as Post Game Live and various other Eagles shows.

You are welcomed!  ?

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:51 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

Don't jinx us!!

It did change today, but the locals are still the Philly locals. The change (to my Roku Streaming Stick) is that the interface is different now. Now I have a guide, whereas before, I didn't. It seems a bit more slick now and will take a little getting used to. But I like that there's a guide now.

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It did change today, but the locals are still the Philly locals. The change (to my Roku Streaming Stick) is that the interface is different now. Now I have a guide, whereas before, I didn't. It seems a bit more slick now and will take a little getting used to. But I like that there's a guide now.

I didn't try it out yet today, I'll let you know if mine is still working too

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

I didn't try it out yet today, I'll let you know if mine is still working too

I'm still playing with it, I'm watching Quick Slants. I notice that I can pause for more than a couple of minutes though. Before today, I could pause for a few minutes, but then it would automatically start playing again.

Oh, and tonight, Eagles Classics is the Miracle at the Meadowlands then the Miracle at the New Meadowlands.

57 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

Mine is still working perfectly.

My plan had been to keep the subscription until the end of the season, then cancel and start it back up next season. Then a little while ago I got to thinking, it'd be my luck that I'd cancel then next season, they'd detect where I am and I wouldn't get back in. So I think I'll just have to keep it.

There's some things on PS Vue that I want to download and save to my home server (or burn to DVD/Blu Ray). I have a Hauppauge PVR which has HDMI-In but when you try to record from an HDMI source directly, you run into the problem of copy protection not allowing the content to be displayed and thus prevents recording.

So I ordered an HDMI to Component converter.

71GaWdKjvNL__SL1500_.thumb.jpg.273b952e3ec37e0572d97e3d8641032b.jpg

With that, I plug my Roku Stick into the HDMI port, then run my Component cables from the converter to my Hauppauge PVR and that works like a charm.

I wish I'd started with week 1, I'd have recorded all of the post game shows to go along with the games. Oh well. Next Year I'll get them all.

Im still getting Philly channels on PSVue.  Love it so far.  I can watch the Sixers and Flyers on CSN Philly.  I would imagine come baseball season, the Phils too. 

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:47 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have two 32 Inch monitors, side by side on my desk, but I can't take a screenshot of my desk and my camera's battery is dead. I could have just taken the screen shot of the extended desktop, but that image would be rather large, so I pulled the TV browser into the same monitor as the game day thread and put them side by side that way. Here's what that looks like...

This is with the desktop extended across my two monitors, the game stream is in a browser displayed in the left monitor and the board on the monitor on the right. I can drag and drop from one monitor to the other when I want to.

The picture below is about 10 years old or 12 years old, none of those TV's are actually still in my possession, and while I do still have all 12 of my TiVo's, none of those pictured are still in operation. I've down sized from 12 DVR's to 4 since then.

TiVo_.jpg.16934a2815ab2b09b7ab31d7124ccd0a.jpg

Dang, I remember when you first shared that pic back in the day.  Legit.

On 11/12/2017 at 6:46 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

There's some things on PS Vue that I want to download and save to my home server (or burn to DVD/Blu Ray). I have a Hauppauge PVR which has HDMI-In but when you try to record from an HDMI source directly, you run into the problem of copy protection not allowing the content to be displayed and thus prevents recording.

So I ordered an HDMI to Component converter.

71GaWdKjvNL__SL1500_.thumb.jpg.273b952e3ec37e0572d97e3d8641032b.jpg

With that, I plug my Roku Stick into the HDMI port, then run my Component cables from the converter to my Hauppauge PVR and that works like a charm.

I wish I'd started with week 1, I'd have recorded all of the post game shows to go along with the games. Oh well. Next Year I'll get them all.

Do you always get all the post games shows?

I am just wondering if it is easier/cleaner to just get a 1 month subscription to Game Pass at the end of the season and make a digital copy of the games from there.

44 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

Do you always get all the post games shows?

I am just wondering if it is easier/cleaner to just get a 1 month subscription to Game Pass at the end of the season and make a digital copy of the games from there.

Yes, I set the post game show to record, so I get them after all the games.

Game Pass would be easier, especially since I have PlayLater and that will download the games for me. But all of the commercials will be edited out. That sounds like a good thing, and 9 times out of 10, it is. In fact, I'll wind up editing the commercials out myself as well. I can also download copies of all NFL games from Ten Yard Torrents. But again, they're edited.

Why is that a big deal to me? Well, I like to get the Merrill and Mike audio and add it to the game. In the past, I'd make a DVD with three audio options. The TV announcers would be the main audio, Merrill and Mile would be the second option and the opposing teams radio broadcast would be the third option. Then I could switch back and forth and listen to how the game was called by each crew.

I don't really make a lot of DVD's anymore, but I do like to put the games on my server (I have 18 TB of storage on my server) and I like having Merrill and Mike's broadcast as an option. If the game is pre-edited (no commercials), then getting the radio broadcast to match the video takes hours because I have to edit the radio broadcast to match the edited game. The way I've don't that in the past, was to find the penalties and use those to sync the audio up, that's because I can see the Ref talking and can match the audio to his talking. That's a total pain in the *&%. 

If the commercials are still there though, then the radio broadcast will pretty well match with very little editing needed. It's a little bit of work doing all of the games, but if this is a "Super" season, I'll want all of the games and I'll want them with at least the Merrill and Mike audio.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yes, I set the post game show to record, so I get them after all the games.

Game Pass would be easier, especially since I have PlayLater and that will download the games for me. But all of the commercials will be edited out. That sounds like a good thing, and 9 times out of 10, it is. In fact, I'll wind up editing the commercials out myself as well. I can also download copies of all NFL games from Ten Yard Torrents. But again, they're edited.

Why is that a big deal to me? Well, I like to get the Merrill and Mike audio and add it to the game. In the past, I'd make a DVD with three audio options. The TV announcers would be the main audio, Merrill and Mile would be the second option and the opposing teams radio broadcast would be the third option. Then I could switch back and forth and listen to how the game was called by each crew.

I don't really make a lot of DVD's anymore, but I do like to put the games on my server (I have 18 TB of storage on my server) and I like having Merrill and Mike's broadcast as an option. If the game is pre-edited (no commercials), then getting the radio broadcast to match the video takes hours because I have to edit the radio broadcast to match the edited game. The way I've don't that in the past, was to find the penalties and use those to sync the audio up, that's because I can see the Ref talking and can match the audio to his talking. That's a total pain in the *&%. 

If the commercials are still there though, then the radio broadcast will pretty well match with very little editing needed. It's a little bit of work doing all of the games, but if this is a "Super" season, I'll want all of the games and I'll want them with at least the Merrill and Mike audio.

My God man that's a lot of work!! Lol. 

9 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

My God man that's a lot of work!! Lol. 

It's a little bit, but not as much as you might think. Not if the commercials are intact in the broadcast. I've done this for 12 or 13 years (not as much in recent years though), so I'm pretty practiced on the procedure, so it doesn't take as long as it might if I'd never done it before.

It's nice though to be able to go back to the Chargers game in 2005 and re-watch it with Merrill's call of the blocked punt/TD return. Or Lito's 102 yard INT return vs. Dallas in Owens' first game back at the Linc. Or The Miracle at the New Meadowlands. Great stuff!

So yeah, it's a little bit of work, but it's a labor of love. lol