BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

5 hours ago, heavywchamp said:

Is it possible to watch out of market games on a jail broke firestick? 

I heard you can but, I never messed with them. 

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

For the past few days, I've been getting 'Chicago' as my location, even though I'm 'in' Philadelphia with my VPN. So I decided to bite the bullet and run through their steps to correct that. I was a little nervous that I might actually get blocked completely, but I did it anyway and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Here's the troubleshooting page that I used: https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/How-to-Fix-My-Home-Location-for-PS-Vue

Well this worked 4 or 5 times, but the last time I tried, I got a message that said that I'd reset it too many times and wouldn't do it. I'm still 'in Chicago', so if it keeps up, I won't get Philly locals anymore on PSVue. Not without a different VPN, anyway.

Why is it that all other cities (with the VPN) work fine, but only the Philly server shows me in some other city? :nonono: 

Finally got it to log me in as being in Philadelphia, after about 10 days of being 'in' Chicago. I kind of figured it would be showing Philadelphia soon though, the last two times I logged in, it showed me 'in' D.C., and whenever it shows me in D.C., it reverts back to Philly soon thereafter.

On 7/7/2018 at 6:39 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Finally got it to log me in as being in Philadelphia, after about 10 days of being 'in' Chicago. I kind of figured it would be showing Philadelphia soon though, the last two times I logged in, it showed me 'in' D.C., and whenever it shows me in D.C., it reverts back to Philly soon thereafter.

I have Fox and now NBC available to me on direct TV now. I might be good for the start of the season. 

5 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I have Fox and now NBC available to me on direct TV now. I might be good for the start of the season. 

That's good. The main thing that I want, with PSVue, is the local Philly news and NBC Sports Philadelphia. I know I'll be able to get the games regardless of anything else. With PSVue and a VPN, I can get every game around the league at will. All I have to do is change my VPN from one city to another and I'll get whatever games are being aired there. So it's better than Sunday Ticket because I can get local news for any city that I want. So when the Eagles crush the Cowboys, I can go watch Dallas local news lose their minds. lol

But when all is said and done, I really just want that local Philly stuff.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's good. The main thing that I want, with PSVue, is the local Philly news and NBC Sports Philadelphia. I know I'll be able to get the games regardless of anything else. With PSVue and a VPN, I can get every game around the league at will. All I have to do is change my VPN from one city to another and I'll get whatever games are being aired there. So it's better than Sunday Ticket because I can get local news for any city that I want. So when the Eagles crush the Cowboys, I can go watch Dallas local news lose their minds. lol

But when all is said and done, I really just want that local Philly stuff.

I know I wish I had Philly locals, I'm tired of jumping through hoops to get them. If I have issues when the season starts I'm just gonna get Xfinity and be done with it. Psvue is getting up there in price the way it is. 

2 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I know I wish I had Philly locals, I'm tired of jumping through hoops to get them. If I have issues when the season starts I'm just gonna get Xfinity and be done with it. Psvue is getting up there in price the way it is. 

If I could figure out an easy way to get Philly Locals through DirecTV Now, I'd probably do that. But they go by your billing Zip Code, so I'd have to get a Philly billing Zip Code. I could do that, but I'd have to do so much to do it that I just don't want that much hassle. If I lived in Baltimore, the hassle wouldn't be so bad but I'm sufficiently far enough away from Philadelphia (being 5 minutes north of the North Carolina line) that it would just be too much.

But with the Windscribe VPN, everything seems good to go so far. Every now and then I'll get a message that I'm in D.C., or Chicago, but it all seems to work itself out after a few days.

A thought I just had... I wonder if I can log into PSVue while my VPN is set for say Los Angeles, then set PSVue to record the Rams and Chargers games. Then log into it with a Dallas VPN and set it to record Dallas. Then do that for every game that weekend. I wouldn't be able to watch the Rams or Chargers game while I was logged into the Philly VPN but I think I would when I switch back to the Los Angeles VPN.

I'm going to have to experiment a little.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If I could figure out an easy way to get Philly Locals through DirecTV Now, I'd probably do that. But they go by your billing Zip Code, so I'd have to get a Philly billing Zip Code. I could do that, but I'd have to do so much to do it that I just don't want that much hassle. If I lived in Baltimore, the hassle wouldn't be so bad but I'm sufficiently far enough away from Philadelphia (being 5 minutes north of the North Carolina line) that it would just be too much.

But with the Windscribe VPN, everything seems good to go so far. Every now and then I'll get a message that I'm in D.C., or Chicago, but it all seems to work itself out after a few days.

A thought I just had... I wonder if I can log into PSVue while my VPN is set for say Los Angeles, then set PSVue to record the Rams and Chargers games. Then log into it with a Dallas VPN and set it to record Dallas. Then do that for every game that weekend. I wouldn't be able to watch the Rams or Chargers game while I was logged into the Philly VPN but I think I would when I switch back to the Los Angeles VPN.

I'm going to have to experiment a little.

That would pretty amazing if you found a way to watch all the games like you have Sunday Ticket. Right now Fox and NBC is out of Harrisburg. Since Fox is NFC I should still get Eagles games. Hopefully I'll.get CBS soon as well. 

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

That would pretty amazing if you found a way to watch all the games like you have Sunday Ticket. Right now Fox and NBC is out of Harrisburg. Since Fox is NFC I should still get Eagles games. Hopefully I'll.get CBS soon as well. 

I know it'll work like Sunday Ticket. I just have to log into whatever city for the game that I want to watch, and I'll get whatever games are in that region. The only part that could screw that up would be if that particular city doesn't have NBC on PSVue or something like that. But I've jumped around to Los Angeles and Boston and Chicago, and when I did that, I'd get all of those cities locals.

That part that I'm not sure about, is setting recordings for the games in those cities and then having access to them for 60 days (when I log in 'from' that city). Maybe I'll do some experimenting with some baseball games, or in a few weeks, with pre-season games.

How much do you guys pay for PS Vue? Subscriptions are showing on their website starting at $45/month right now. 

1 hour ago, wtfcares said:

How much do you guys pay for PS Vue? Subscriptions are showing on their website starting at $45/month right now. 

I have the "Core" package, which just went up by $5 to $49.95 a month.

I did a little test with the VPN and PSVue. I set my VPN to Dallas and logged into PSVue. I got the message that I was in Dallas-Fort Worth and thus I would not get my normal home locals (other than the Philly sports channels like NBCS Philly). For ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, I'd get the Dallas channels. I knew that would happen, that's what the experiment was for, actually.

So I set the local Dallas news to record. I know I won't have access to the recordings when the VPN is set for Philadelphia, but that's ok. So I left it that way for a couple of days. Today, I set the VPN back to Dallas and checked my recordings, and sure enough, the Dallas news broadcasts are there.

What does that mean? Well, it means that I can go to each city that my VPN has servers for, and set it to record whatever NFL game is airing in that area, and it will record it. Then, if I want to go watch it, I can and the game will be available to me for... I think it's 60 days but it might be 30.

Of course, if I want to watch the game live, I can just set the VPN to that area while the game is live, and watch it as it happens.

40 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I did a little test with the VPN and PSVue. I set my VPN to Dallas and logged into PSVue. I got the message that I was in Dallas-Fort Worth and thus I would not get my normal home locals (other than the Philly sports channels like NBCS Philly). For ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, I'd get the Dallas channels. I knew that would happen, that's what the experiment was for, actually.

So I set the local Dallas news to record. I know I won't have access to the recordings when the VPN is set for Philadelphia, but that's ok. So I left it that way for a couple of days. Today, I set the VPN back to Dallas and checked my recordings, and sure enough, the Dallas news broadcasts are there.

What does that mean? Well, it means that I can go to each city that my VPN has servers for, and set it to record whatever NFL game is airing in that area, and it will record it. Then, if I want to go watch it, I can and the game will be available to me for... I think it's 60 days but it might be 30.

Of course, if I want to watch the game live, I can just set the VPN to that area while the game is live, and watch it as it happens.

You are a damn wizard with that PSvue lol. If it becomes an issue with watching the Eagles on direct TV now. I will definitely be coming to you for help haha. 

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

You are a damn wizard with that PSvue lol. If it becomes an issue with watching the Eagles on direct TV now. I will definitely be coming to you for help haha. 

lol I did find that one of the Atlanta servers (there's 2 for Atlanta), shows me as being in Philadelphia. So if the Philadelphia server is showing me elsewhere, I'll just 'go to Atlanta' lol.

One thing that I find cool about being able to record every game, the way I described, is that I used to have 13 or 14 DVRs set up to record every game (via Sunday Ticket). I've posted pictures of how I had 5 of them set up in a single room. Now, I need NONE of that. I can just have PSVue record all of the games for me. Technology is amazing.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

lol I did find that one of the Atlanta servers (there's 2 for Atlanta), shows me as being in Philadelphia. So if the Philadelphia server is showing me elsewhere, I'll just 'go to Atlanta' lol.

One thing that I find cool about being able to record every game, the way I described, is that I used to have 13 or 14 DVRs set up to record every game (via Sunday Ticket). I've posted pictures of how I had 5 of them set up in a single room. Now, I need NONE of that. I can just have PSVue record all of the games for me. Technology is amazing.

I love technology. People that refuse to want to use it are missing out!!

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I love technology. People that refuse to want to use it are missing out!!

People who refuse to want to ABUSE it are missing out... :angel:

:devil:

I don't know if this is the case yet, but something that I just noticed is that (so far), when PSVue says that I'm not in Philadelphia when I'm using the Philadelphia server, it says that I'm in Philadelphia if I switch to the Atlanta (Peachtree) server. When that Atlanta server says that I'm in Atlanta, I can switch back to the Philadelphia server and be 'in' Philadelphia.

Weird, but so far that's how it's worked.

Strongly considering dumping the Sunday Ticket this year. The price jumped up to $300 for the season. Last year I got grandfathered in at the previous year's price of $200 after it jumped to $280. I am going to call them and ask if I can keep my old price. If they say no I'll probably just do Red Zone and go out for the games where the Eagles aren't on national or local TV.

16 minutes ago, metalhead0043 said:

Strongly considering dumping the Sunday Ticket this year. The price jumped up to $300 for the season. Last year I got grandfathered in at the previous year's price of $200 after it jumped to $280. I am going to call them and ask if I can keep my old price. If they say no I'll probably just do Red Zone and go out for the games where the Eagles aren't on national or local TV.

You can most likely get them to give it to you for free, I got it for free for multiple years, as have others in this thread. I eventually decided that I didn't really need it, but I still wanted the 'value'. So each year, I call and threaten to cancel DTV completely. I get through to their Customer Retention department and they wind up giving me around $50 per month off on my bill for 12 months.

Now I use PSVue to get all of the Eagles game (and local Philly TV).

I have the Sunday Ticket streaming package. Since I live in an apartment I get Sunday Ticket on my PC with no DirecTV subscription, so that wouldn't really work for my situation. I honestly don't mind paying a reasonable amount but it just keeps going up and up in price. Pretty soon it'll be like $500 or $600 dollars.

I just looked into signing up for the streaming only package for Sunday Ticket, and the cost is ridiculous. Seriously, $300 for the season? Yeah, F that, I'll stick with the PS Vue/VPN option for any Eagle games that aren't national. 

You can get NBA League Pass for only $200 for every team, or just $119 for the full season for a single team. And that's a 162 game season. Yet DTV is going to charge $300 for a 16 game season?

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I'll stick with the PS Vue/VPN option for any Eagle games that aren't national. 

This is the best option because you also get all of the local Philly shows.

First test of watching a game with the VPN and wouldn't you know, it was reporting me as being in Salisbury (I think). So I switched the VPN to Atlanta (Peachtree), and it put me back 'in' Philadelphia. 

I don't know if that'll work every time, but it worked tonight.