BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

Recommended Posts

So forgot to inquire about Sunday Ticket for military until yesterday, long story short there is no discount for us at this time. One person I talked to with DirecTv said they are looking into it and may have one "soon". I ended up getting DirecTV Now (have to get the $55 package) which discounted Sunday Ticket to 54.99 instead of 100. Figured if I'm going to be paying $100 I might as well get actual TV also. I'm tired of the VPN route, I just want to watch football without the hassle and this doesn't really break the bank for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Didn't have any problems other than I was behind 30 seconds but that happens with streams

Yeah, PSVue is always behind by at least a play or two when I watch 'live' on my Roku. When I watch in a browser, it's behind an additional play or two. But I always sync with Merrill and Mike, and radio is always about 2 minutes behind anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, PSVue is always behind by at least a play or two when I watch 'live' on my Roku. When I watch in a browser, it's behind an additional play or two. But I always sync with Merrill and Mike, and radio is always about 2 minutes behind anyway.

Lol I get tempted to mess with the audio but it's just too much work

This game the announcers were biased as hell. I try to ignore it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Lol I get tempted to mess with the audio but it's just too much work

This game the announcers were biased as hell. I try to ignore it lol

It just takes a little pausing to sync it up. I haven't watched a live Eagles game with the TV audio on, for about 15 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hank_TheBody_Fraley said:

Anyone been having problems with Windscribe Philly server coming up as Hampton Roads, VA? It started earlier this week. I toggle on/off a few times and get Philly, but wondering what others are experiencing.

I've had that issue a lot for a couple of weeks. I'm actually in Hampton Roads, so when that happens. I turn the VPN off, refresh the browser, then turn the VPN back on and refresh again. That usually shows me in Philly after that.

If that doesn't work, try switching to the Atlanta (Peach Tree) server. That one often shows up as Philly. If that doesn't work, try Chicago, that one has worked as Philly too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've had that issue a lot for a couple of weeks. I'm actually in Hampton Roads, so when that happens. I turn the VPN off, refresh the browser, then turn the VPN back on and refresh again. That usually shows me in Philly after that.

If that doesn't work, try switching to the Atlanta (Peach Tree) server. That one often shows up as Philly. If that doesn't work, try Chicago, that one has worked as Philly too.

Thanks!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2018 at 3:05 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I've had that issue a lot for a couple of weeks. I'm actually in Hampton Roads, so when that happens. I turn the VPN off, refresh the browser, then turn the VPN back on and refresh again. That usually shows me in Philly after that.

If that doesn't work, try switching to the Atlanta (Peach Tree) server. That one often shows up as Philly. If that doesn't work, try Chicago, that one has worked as Philly too.

I wanted to watch the Colts-Oakland game and it took me forever to figure out what server to use because everyone had the Packers-Rams game playing. I probably jumped into 15 different locations until I got the right one. Surprised that I did not get an email from PSVUE about it.

On a side note I was getting pissed that it kept showing me in Hampton Roads instead of Philly. That Atlanta (Peach Tree) server did the trick though.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

I wanted to watch the Colts-Oakland game and it took me forever to figure out what server to use because everyone had the Packers-Rams game playing. I probably jumped into 15 different locations until I got the right one. Surprised that I did not get an email from PSVUE about it.

On a side note I was getting pissed that it kept showing me in Hampton Roads instead of Philly. That Atlanta (Peach Tree) server did the trick though.

Thanks!

Sometimes the Atlanta one will show as New York, sometimes Chicago (The L) will show as Philly. I've even had Los Angeles show as Philly.

What I do when I want to figure out which server to switch to for a particular game, is check the national coverage map. That lets me know which region is showing which games.

Here's the main site: http://506sports.com/nfl/

Take a look at this past week and you'll get an idea of how it would be helpful: http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got this in my email:

We want to thank you for being a DIRECTV customer. And we want to do it with more than just words.

This Sunday, November 11th, enjoy a free one-day pass of NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX – no strings attached. All out-of-market games, plus the RED ZONE CHANNEL® and DIRECTV FANTASY ZONE® CHANNEL all for you this Sunday, in the comfort of your home.

There’s nothing you need to do, just use your DIRECTV remote control this Sunday and turn to channels 701 through 715 to watch this week’s NFL games.

It’s just for being an awesome DIRECTV customer. Enjoy this week’s action!


DIRECTV

Seeing as I already have access to all 'out of market' games, via my VPN and PSVue, I may not even bother with the free week of Sunday Ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did just add the Red Zone channel to my PSVue - it is part of a package for $10 a month. Figure I would try it out for a month and see if it is worth it on PSVue. If not I am only out $10 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2018 at 6:51 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, DirecTV had issues today with Sunday Ticket?

I'm late to this but I haven't had any issues this season. Actually the app on the PS4 has been much improved since last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I'm late to this but I haven't had any issues this season. Actually the app on the PS4 has been much improved since last year

From what I'd read, they had severe issues that day.

DirecTV fails in the middle of an NFL Sunday

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/directv-fails-in-the-middle-of-an-nfl-sunday/

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 28, 2018, 4:31 PM EST

Millions of Americans subscribe to DirecTV solely for NFL Sunday Ticket. For 348 days a year, cable is probably the better option, but on those 17 football Sundays, DirecTV is the only cable or satellite provider that allows fans to watch every single NFL game. Which means that NFL fans are very, very valuable to DirecTV.

But DirecTV doesn’t seem to see it that way. With games going on across the country today, DirecTV was having major technical difficulties. Thousands of subscribers have posted on social media that they’re getting error messages on their screens when they try to watch games.

 

Incredibly, hours after these problems surfaced, DirecTV still hasn’t even so much as put out a statement acknowledging that there are massive technical difficulties and that they’re working on the situation. The extent of DirecTV’s response has been someone running the DirecTV Twitter account responding to subscribers who complain by asking them if resetting their receiver helps.

NFL Sunday Ticket is an excellent service when it works. But all too often, it doesn’t work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pallidrone said:

I did just add the Red Zone channel to my PSVue - it is part of a package for $10 a month. Figure I would try it out for a month and see if it is worth it on PSVue. If not I am only out $10 ?

I wonder if I already have it, I've never really looked for it. Even when I got it for free with Sunday Ticket, though, I never watched it. I think the most I ever watched it was about 30 to 60 seconds, just to see what it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

From what I'd read, they had severe issues that day.

 

 

Oh. Maybe it was a day Eagles were local or national for me and I didn't need or use it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

Oh. Maybe it was a day Eagles were local or national for me and I didn't need or use it

They were in London that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just got this in my email:

 

 

Yea got that too. They really want to get people back paying for Sunday ticket. They’ve lost a lot of subscribers in the past few years. I remember when I cancelled 3 years ago and they asked why. I told them it has gotten to be way too much for too little value and she said that people canceling due to cost was common now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2018 at 8:39 AM, lorddevn said:

Yea got that too. They really want to get people back paying for Sunday ticket. They’ve lost a lot of subscribers in the past few years. I remember when I cancelled 3 years ago and they asked why. I told them it has gotten to be way too much for too little value and she said that people canceling due to cost was common now. 

Trying arguing with them for over an hour about why out of nowhere they upgraded packages to the most expensive one and then trying to get me to buy a bundle including switching cell phone services when all I wanted to do is know why they jacked up the prices and gave me the most expensive package when I never wanted it. Oddly the Direct TV bill changes every month and shouldn't. I live in Maryland so need Direct TV for Eagles games plus love watching every game. It's also insane they want you to pay like $50 more for Red Zone and Fantasy Zone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason1978 said:

Trying arguing with them for over an hour about why out of nowhere they upgraded packages to the most expensive one and then trying to get me to buy a bundle including switching cell phone services when all I wanted to do is know why they jacked up the prices and gave me the most expensive package when I never wanted it. Oddly the Direct TV bill changes every month and shouldn't. I live in Maryland so need Direct TV for Eagles games plus love watching every game. It's also insane they want you to pay like $50 more for Red Zone and Fantasy Zone 

I failed for the first time ever to get free Sunday Ticket but did get the "plus" that includes steaming and Red Zone channel for the base (lesser) Sunday Ticket Price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jason1978 said:

I live in Maryland so need Direct TV for Eagles games

I live in Hampton Roads, VA, and watch every Eagles game without DirecTV. I also watch all the Philly local channels, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now