BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

This is a screenshot of my Vue DVR, I'm posting it for someone to see it as an example of what the DVR feature looks like:

Vue.thumb.jpg.a6dc4ce99c882b6924425ee0217efe0b.jpg

56 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This is a screenshot of my Vue DVR, I'm posting it for someone to see it as an example of what the DVR feature looks like:

Vue.thumb.jpg.a6dc4ce99c882b6924425ee0217efe0b.jpg

Hopefully the quality stays good for you. I just read an article that sony is not going to make psvue much of a priority anymore. They have the least amount of subscribers compared to all the other streaming services. 

16 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Hopefully the quality stays good for you. I just read an article that sony is not going to make psvue much of a priority anymore. They have the least amount of subscribers compared to all the other streaming services. 

Hopefully they'll keep it alive. I can go with something like Hulu, but it's more complicated. They can detect that I'm using a VPN and won't allow the live stream while the VPN is active. But, when they want to detect my location, the VPN shows me in Philly.

Once that detection has happened, it's good for a few hours before they want to see where I am again. So I can turn the VPN off and block their ability to detect my location. Then, when they try again, they ask for permission to see where I am. I can turn the VPN back on and let them see that I'm 'in' Philly. Then, turn the VPN off and re-block their ability to check my location again... and just keep doing that.

But that's a hassle, as you can probably imagine. If forced to do it, I will, but I like PS Vue 100% more because they don't seem to care that I'm using a VPN lol.

8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Hopefully they'll keep it alive. I can go with something like Hulu, but it's more complicated. They can detect that I'm using a VPN and won't allow the live stream while the VPN is active. But, when they want to detect my location, the VPN shows me in Philly.

Once that detection has happened, it's good for a few hours before they want to see where I am again. So I can turn the VPN off and block their ability to detect my location. Then, when they try again, they ask for permission to see where I am. I can turn the VPN back on and let them see that I'm 'in' Philly. Then, turn the VPN off and re-block their ability to check my location again... and just keep doing that.

But that's a hassle, as you can probably imagine. If forced to do it, I will, but I like PS Vue 100% more because they don't seem to care that I'm using a VPN lol.

I liked it better when you can just put in the Lincoln financial field address and you were set lol. Fortunately for me I'm close enough to Philly and all the other streaming services give me Philly locals so I don't have to worry about that now. 

4 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I liked it better when you can just put in the Lincoln financial field address and you were set lol. Fortunately for me I'm close enough to Philly and all the other streaming services give me Philly locals so I don't have to worry about that now. 

Oh, I loved it when you could do that lol. I skipped from free preview to free preview on there, for about a year or so before I finally got tired of creating new accounts every week that I just outright bought the service.

I've thought about doing that again, because I can create as many email accounts as I want and I can create as many 'virtual credit cards' with my Citi Card as I want (and set the credit limit to $1 so that I never actually get charged when the free preview is over). But that's a real hassle and you lose all your DVR recordings when the free preview is over.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Oh, I loved it when you could do that lol. I skipped from free preview to free preview on there, for about a year or so before I finally got tired of creating new accounts every week that I just outright bought the service.

I've thought about doing that again, because I can create as many email accounts as I want and I can create as many 'virtual credit cards' with my Citi Card as I want (and set the credit limit to $1 so that I never actually get charged when the free preview is over). But that's a real hassle and you lose all your DVR recordings when the free preview is over.

The whole thing is a pain in the arse... Doesn't matter which one you use there is still things missing that you want or you have to jump through hoops. I've thought about getting Xfinity a lot lately but, I still just can't bring myself to dealing with those jerks lol. 

13 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

The whole thing is a pain in the arse... Doesn't matter which one you use there is still things missing that you want or you have to jump through hoops. I've thought about getting Xfinity a lot lately but, I still just can't bring myself to dealing with those jerks lol. 

I do like the Hulu stream, each week in pre-season, I do the 'free preview' thing so that I can get HBO (for free, of course) and then I can watch Hard Knocks. I did it while Chernobyl was airing, also. But aside from the other issues that I mentioned with Hulu, they charge extra for their DVR service, and if I were to subscribe and get everything that I'd want then I'd be paying a lot more than I'm willing to pay.

I suppose I could be saving about $600 per year if I were to just put up with the hassle of skipping from free preview to free preview, like I used to. But... ugh... that's a hassle lol

Maybe I'll do some free previews during the season, just to see if I don't mind or if I get sick of it fast. I'd keep my subscription while I did that though. I'd just do it as a 'test' of my patience.

On that same note, from time to time, I'll do the 'free preview' thing for NFL Game Pass. Then I have access to all of their content... for a week.

I love the Virtual Credit Cards that Citi offers... lol

10 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I do like the Hulu stream, each week in pre-season, I do the 'free preview' thing so that I can get HBO (for free, of course) and then I can watch Hard Knocks. I did it while Chernobyl was airing, also. But aside from the other issues that I mentioned with Hulu, they charge extra for their DVR service, and if I were to subscribe and get everything that I'd want then I'd be paying a lot more than I'm willing to pay.

I suppose I could be saving about $600 per year if I were to just put up with the hassle of skipping from free preview to free preview, like I used to. But... ugh... that's a hassle lol

Maybe I'll do some free previews during the season, just to see if I don't mind or if I get sick of it fast. I'd keep my subscription while I did that though. I'd just do it as a 'test' of my patience.

On that same note, from time to time, I'll do the 'free preview' thing for NFL Game Pass. Then I have access to all of their content... for a week.

I love the Virtual Credit Cards that Citi offers... lol

I used to have the Citi card with the virtual card and I did all kinds of great things with it unfortunately I I used a lot of real money with it too lol. Got myself in some financial trouble ... That's what happens when you give a 22 year old a card with a 5,000 dollar credit limit lol. 

34 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I used to have the Citi card with the virtual card and I did all kinds of great things with it unfortunately I I used a lot of real money with it too lol. Got myself in some financial trouble ... That's what happens when you give a 22 year old a card with a 5,000 dollar credit limit lol. 

Yeah, when I was 22, Discover made that mistake lol. Now, I don't buy anything that I can't pay off immediately, unless it's an 'emergency' kind of thing. I don't like interest.

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, when I was 22, Discover made that mistake lol. Now, I don't buy anything that I can't pay off immediately, unless it's an 'emergency' kind of thing. I don't like interest.

I'm the same way, I signed up at the eagles game for a credit card to get the free gift one time ... It was a great towel but giving basically a kid a card with an 8,000 dollar credit limit was a big mistake on their part lol. They handed out credit like it was candy then lol. I'm thinking " oh its only 25 bucks a month not that big of deal". 4 maxed out cards later.  ... 

So is anyone getting deals with DTV?  I haven't started my negotiating with them yet. Back in the day a simple threat to cancel would get you free ST or a deep discount.  My 2 year commitment with them is up so I'm technically a "Free Agent" so to speak

14 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

So is anyone getting deals with DTV?  I haven't started my negotiating with them yet. Back in the day a simple threat to cancel would get you free ST or a deep discount.  My 2 year commitment with them is up so I'm technically a "Free Agent" so to speak

I still call every year and threaten them. I did it a few months ago (I think), and renewed all of my billing credit discounts. I make sure that I'm talking to Customer Retention, they have the ability to make you happy.

I get $50 per month in billing credits, so that's $600 a year.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:32 PM, heavywchamp said:

Last year was my first crash and burn. Get the $60 a month or so bill credits but was my first year after 5ish years of DTV service that I got billed for Sunday Ticket. I have already been ''charged'' my first month of 6, so I will call in one of these days in the next 2ish weeks to ''cancel'' and hope they offer me some kind of discount or promotion. 

On 8/21/2019 at 12:00 PM, Agent23 said:

Brother just called and spent 30 minutes with them and got no deal.

Trying to get my deal now.

4 hours ago, nveagle5 said:

Talk to the customer retention department, tell them that you're going to cancel and you want to know what you have to do to send the boxes back. Tell them that you're not cancelling right this minute, you need your new service installed first. But you want to get a head start on the procedure for sending back their equipment.

It's all a bluff, of course. But talk to them as if it's already a 'done deal'. You're just waiting for your new service.  

Just got off the phone with DTV. Got the same $50 monthly credit, $5 off monthly internet by upgrading to 100 mbs ($25 now), and 25% off ST ($75).  I'm not under DTV commitment anymore. I miss the days when DTV was their own company and I got ST free or half price with a simple threat to cancel. 

I was seriously considering getting a few fire sticks and doing away with DTV completely. A guy on my local Facebook Market place got "jailbroken" firesticks claiming to have a 1000 channels for $70 each and if I wanted NFL ticket it's $10 month. 

14 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

I was seriously considering getting a few fire sticks and doing away with DTV completely. A guy on my local Facebook Market place got "jailbroken" firesticks claiming to have a 1000 channels for $70 each and if I wanted NFL ticket it's $10 month. 

Those firesticks are good for a little while but, then they get patched and updates and they need to be jailbroken again. I've had them and friends have had them. They are great for a little while then just become a hassle

On 8/31/2019 at 11:44 AM, nveagle5 said:

I still need to call and at least try my hand at it. I do NOT want to spend the $300 or $400, but I know that my alternative is going out to bars to watch the non-local games (at least 10 of them would be my guess) where I'll likely drop $30 for each one, so now I'm already forking over the same amount of money only doing so in crowded bars with obnoxious people where the game sound definitely won't be on and where a good seating location/viewing angle won't always be guaranteed. 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I still need to call and at least try my hand at it. I do NOT want to spend the $300 or $400, but I know that my alternative is going out to bars to watch the non-local games (at least 10 of them would be my guess) where I'll likely drop $30 for each one, so now I'm already forking over the same amount of money only doing so in crowded bars with obnoxious people where the game sound definitely won't be on and where a good seating location/viewing angle won't always be guaranteed. 

PS Vue and Windscribe using the Philly server (on a PC or Laptop). You'll never miss an Eagles game again.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

PS Vue and Windscribe using the Philly server (on a PC or Laptop). You'll never miss an Eagles game again.

And psvue is what 40 bucks a month for 4 months?

51 minutes ago, lorddevn said:

And psvue is what 40 bucks a month for 4 months?

Depends on which package you get. But with PSVue, it's better than Sunday Ticket, if you use the VPN. You can switch from city to city and get their locals, so you get all games.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You can now download Winscribe on the Amazon fire stick and change location to Philly and it works as well.

I have been testing out FuboTV which has been working pretty well. The biggest issue for me is that there is no ABC.

Just now, Pallidrone said:

You can now download Winscribe on the Amazon fire stick and change location to Philly and it works as well.

I have been testing out FuboTV which has been working pretty well. The biggest issue for me is that there is no ABC.

I wonder if it works with the Roku Streaming Stick. I'll have to try it later and see.

23 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I wonder if it works with the Roku Streaming Stick. I'll have to try it later and see.

I know it works on my Android phone and Nvidia Shield as well.