BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

2 hours ago, Pallidrone said:

You can now download Winscribe on the Amazon fire stick and change location to Philly and it works as well.

I have been testing out FuboTV which has been working pretty well. The biggest issue for me is that there is no ABC.

I love fubotv. I'm just gonna have to get the ESPN streaming service for those game. Otherwise I don't watch abc or ESPN. 

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Depends on which package you get. But with PSVue, it's better than Sunday Ticket, if you use the VPN. You can switch from city to city and get their locals, so you get all games.

Can I watch 3 different games all at once on separate TVs?

19 hours ago, Pallidrone said:

I know it works on my Android phone and Nvidia Shield as well.

I'm new to this VPN location changing thing. I have a Shield as well and subscribe to SlingTV. Would I be able to use Windscribe on my Shield then view Philly locals via Sling? Is it something I could easily toggle on and off as I would not want to have it on except when I'm trying to watch a game.

Just tried on my phone and I guess it is like $9 per month. That is a hard pass for me. 

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Can I watch 3 different games all at once on separate TVs?

You mean like having the Eagles on one TV, the Cowboys on another and the Giants on yet another? I've never tried that, but I don't know that it would work because you'd have to be using a different VPN server on each of the TV's. Doing that is definitely possible, though maybe a little complex if you're not 'IT Literate'. The thing that I'm not too sure about, is how Vue would react to having your service being used in three separate cities all at once.

3 hours ago, robj80 said:

I'm new to this VPN location changing thing. I have a Shield as well and subscribe to SlingTV. Would I be able to use Windscribe on my Shield then view Philly locals via Sling? Is it something I could easily toggle on and off as I would not want to have it on except when I'm trying to watch a game.

Just tried on my phone and I guess it is like $9 per month. That is a hard pass for me. 

I can't speak to Sling, I don't know if they detect the VPN and disable live TV or not. Hulu does, Vue doesn't. As for the VPN, they have an option that you can pick your location for $1 per month. I assume that this means that you can pick just the Philly server, and it's $1 per month. Or you can go with it for a full year and only pay $4 per month, not $9.

Using a VPN isn't a bad idea. I use it 24/7. So the $48 for a full year, is nothing.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You mean like having the Eagles on one TV, the Cowboys on another and the Giants on yet another? I've never tried that, but I don't know that it would work because you'd have to be using a different VPN server on each of the TV's. Doing that is definitely possible, though maybe a little complex if you're not 'IT Literate'. The thing that I'm not too sure about, is how Vue would react to having your service being used in three separate cities all at once.

I can't speak to Sling, I don't know if they detect the VPN and disable live TV or not. Hulu does, Vue doesn't. As for the VPN, they have an option that you can pick your location for $1 per month. I assume that this means that you can pick just the Philly server, and it's $1 per month. Or you can go with it for a full year and only pay $4 per month, not $9.

Using a VPN isn't a bad idea. I use it 24/7. So the $48 for a full year, is nothing.

This is the screen that pops up when I click on Philly location. 

Screenshot_20190906-210413.png

15 minutes ago, robj80 said:

This is the screen that pops up when I click on Philly location. 

Screenshot_20190906-210413.png

$48.99 = $4.03 per month.

I assume that's a phone? I can't say one way or the other about how (or if), any of this will work on a phone. I believe it would/should. But I've never done it. Do you have access to a PC/Laptop?

If so, and if you want to sign up for their service, try it there. On their website, under pricing, this is what it says:

WS.JPG.83110b460c148f842b026dee44c804f3.JPG

I'm assuming that where it says 'Billed $1.00 per location, per month', means $1.00 per server location. So if you wanted Philly, that's $1. If you wanted L.A., that's another $1 and so on. You might send them an email to ask, to be sure though.

In my opinion, the $48.99/year is well worth it. Not just for the Philly locals, but for the use of the VPN and firewall. You may feel otherwise, but I'm very happy with the service and the price is minimal.

Thanks! I will check out the laptop. Yeah I was on the phone and there doesn't appear to be  $1 per location option. Appreciate your help. 

9 minutes ago, robj80 said:

Thanks! I will check out the laptop. Yeah I was on the phone and there doesn't appear to be  $1 per location option. Appreciate your help. 

No problem. If you can't use the VPN with Sling, go to PS Vue and sign up for a free 5 day trial. You can at least try it out and see how it works. Just be sure to cancel before the 5 days are up, unless you want to keep the service.

If your credit card has 'Virtual Credit Card' as one of the benefits, then you can jump from few trial to free trial every 5 days. Just give the virtual card a $1 credit limit, then when they go to charge you for the full subscription, it'll decline... since it only has a $1 credit limit.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I’ll have eagles on main tv, red zone on the second tv, and usually bring out a 3rd tv for any other ‘marquee’ game on at the same time. Definitely always 2 tho. And I don’t just stop watching football after the eagles game (or when they play at night r on a bye week) so having access to multiple games, from multiple channels (or ‘cities’ in the VPN case), all going at once is the circumstances I’m looking to have, which sounds like it may only be doable through dtv. 

I spoke to them today and they indicated any promotions wouldn’t become available until after the week 1 free preview they do each year so I will call back on Monday 

1 minute ago, Agent23 said:

I’ll have eagles on main tv, red zone on the second tv, and usually bring out a 3rd tv for any other ‘marquee’ game on at the same time. Definitely always 2 tho. And I don’t just stop watching football after the eagles game (or when they play at night r on a bye week) so having access to multiple games, from multiple channels (or ‘cities’ in the VPN case), all going at once is the circumstances I’m looking to have, which sounds like it may only be doable through dtv. 

I spoke to them today and they indicated any promotions wouldn’t become available until after the week 1 free preview they do each year so I will call back on Monday 

Just looked it up...

How many devices can I stream PlayStation™Vue on at once?

A single PlayStation™Vue account can simultaneously stream PlayStation™Vue on up to five devices at a given time. The number of streams supported on specific devices will vary based on the following rules:

• When you first subscribe, you’ll have access to three simultaneous streams, both in-home and out-of-home. After you set your home device, you’ll receive two additional streams to use in-home, for a total of up to five simultaneous streams in-home, within the guidelines below. Note:  you can only have one home device set at a time. You can set or change your home device up to three times.
  • Whether or not you set your home device, you can stream on three devices out-of-home.
  • Two PS4™ consoles can be used at the same time in the same location, via Guest Login. To use Guest Login:

These instructions explain how to log in as a guest using a web browser, as well as how to log in as a guest using the PlayStation app on your mobile device, making the process even quicker.

• Open the PS Vue app on the second PS4™ system
    • Click the button "Log in as Guest" and follow the instructions.
  • Mobile devices, such as supported iOS devices, Android devices, and a web browser on a computer can be used for up to three simultaneous mobile streams. Note: 
  • Other supported devices like Amazon Fire TV, Roku® Players or TVs, Apple TV®, Android TV, and a PlayStation®3 console can also be used for simultaneous streams, within the limit of five streams total.
  • One PlayStation®3 console can be used at a time.
  • If you reach a streaming limit, sign out of PlayStation™Vue on one of your devices, wait five minutes, and then sign in on the new device.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/faq/supported-devices-and-set-up/#simultaneous-streaming

15 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Hell yes. Forgot about the free preview week

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just looked it up...

But will all 5 have to share the same ‘location’ ?

5 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

But will all 5 have to share the same ‘location’ ?

You mean would all 5 have to be 'in' Philly or 'in' Dallas, or wherever, via the VPN? Probably, but I've never tried to have one device in one city while another is in a different city. So I can't say for sure.

On 9/7/2019 at 2:16 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You mean would all 5 have to be 'in' Philly or 'in' Dallas, or wherever, via the VPN? Probably, but I've never tried to have one device in one city while another is in a different city. So I can't say for sure.

I had three going today with the ‘free preview’. I’m probably going to come up out of pocket even if they don’t offer me a deal tomorrow. The convenience and reliability factor is far too great 

79BF65F1-D4FB-454D-8F8C-0F58D69738FB.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I had three going today with the ‘free preview’. I’m probably going to come up out of pocket even if they don’t offer me a deal tomorrow. The convenience and reliability factor is far too great 

Out of pocket for Sunday Ticket or for Vue?

54 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Out of pocket for Sunday Ticket or for Vue?

Ticket 

21 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Ticket 

For me, I only care about Philly locals. Of course, if there's another game that's in some other city, I can get that with Vue too, but those games are few and far between.

DirecTV may not renew Sunday Ticket

As the NFL considers whether to cancel two years prematurely on DirecTV’s Sunday Ticket package, the folks at AT&T may be quietly rooting for the plug to be pulled.

According to the Wall Street Journal, via Sports Business Daily, AT&T COO John Stankey said that the value of the out-of-market-games package has "peaked and that a renewal — especially if it comes with a higher price tag — will be hard to justify at a time when consumers are canceling pay-TV connections.”

DirecTV has owned the package since its inception in 1994. Amid conflicting reports that emerged in the summer, PFT reported that the NFL has a one-way option to end the relationship after the 2019 season, and that the contract, if not terminated prematurely, runs through the 2021-22 season.

"I don’t think we look at that and say it’s a growth product,” Stankey said of Sunday Ticket. "I don’t think we’re going to wake up a year from now and suddenly there’s going to be more people in the United States that want to watch an out-of-market team.”

The package costs $1.5 billion per year, which is one of the main reasons why the NFL isn’t expected to end it early. But the league would like to augment the satellite-based package with a strong streaming option, and Stankey’s comments suggest that DirecTV would be open to a two-company, satellite-and-streaming approach.

Plenty of DirecTV customers (including this one) got DirecTV and keep DirecTV because of Sunday Ticket. If/when DirecTV no longer has Sunday Ticket, plenty of DirecTV subscribers (including this one) would turn their dishes into oversized ashtrays.