BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I know there has been complaints on review websites that fubotv charges you even after you cancel. I haven't experienced it yet

That's where using a 'Virtual' card would come in handy. I set the cards spending limit at whatever I want it to be. For free previews, I always set it at $1. That way when they test the card to verify that it's valid, it'll show as valid and they'll allow the preview. But when the preview is over and they try to charge me for $55 (or even if it's $1.01), it'll fail.

That way, I don't have to remember to cancel before they try to bill me once my free preview is over.

If they don't try to bill my card again until next month, then that's great. Free preview for a week and a month lol. At this point though, I'm already 5 days past the 1 week point. So it'll be at least a 2 week free preview.

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's where using a 'Virtual' card would come in handy. I set the cards spending limit at whatever I want it to be. For free previews, I always set it at $1. That way when they test the card to verify that it's valid, it'll show as valid and they'll allow the preview. But when the preview is over and they try to charge me for $55 (or even if it's $1.01), it'll fail.

That way, I don't have to remember to cancel before they try to bill me once my free preview is over.

If they don't try to bill my card again until next month, then that's great. Free preview for a week and a month lol. At this point though, I'm already 5 days past the 1 week point. So it'll be at least a 2 week free preview.

That works too like I've said though I like fubotv. I don't see getting rid of it anytime soon. I've had the free preview and had a month before and cancelled I didn't have any trouble

I got this response, when I asked if the Philly server was ever coming back...

Rest assured, we are in the process of adding more locations and will provide more details once the become available.

After the Philly server vanished from Windscribe and they told me that it had been removed, and they haven't confirmed that it will return, I started searching for another VPN.

I found https://www.hotspotshield.com/ and their site says that they have a Philly server. So I emailed them to confirm it.

Chance W. (Hotspot Shield Help Desk)

Nov 13, 13:15 PST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about the availability of Philadephia as a Virtual Location. I'll be happy to provide some more information about the virtual locations we currently offer.

We do offer Philidelphia as a Virtual Location on both Windows and Mac devices for Premium users. You can visit our Help Center for a full list of countries and cities included in Hotspot Shield Premium's Virtual Location selection.

Thanks again for contacting us today, I hope that you find this information to be helpful. If there is anything else that we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,

Chance W.
Customer Support Advocate

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

After the Philly server vanished from Windscribe and they told me that it had been removed, and they haven't confirmed that it will return, I started searching for another VPN.

I found https://www.hotspotshield.com/ and their site says that they have a Philly server. So I emailed them to confirm it.

You go to great lengths to watch the birds sir. At this point I feel like it would be easier for you just to move to Philly though lol

19 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

You go to great lengths to watch the birds sir. At this point I feel like it would be easier for you just to move to Philly though lol

LOL, well having grown up in Maryland (5 or so miles away from RFK Stadium), I like winter and I like snow, but I want the snow to be gone within 24 to 36 hours. Knowing how it was in Maryland, I have to believe that it's not like that in Philly (seeing as it's further north from where I grew up). It's like that here, where I live, though. So when we get snow, it's normally gone within a day or so. If not entirely, then at least from all of the streets.

Then there's the fact that I likely couldn't take all of my possessions (i.e. my firearms collection) to PA (legally). But I haven't really researched the laws in PA, so I can't say for sure. I know that I couldn't live in Maryland and keep them.

All of that said, what I do now, is nothing compared to having to try to get Eagles coverage/news while living 5 miles from RFK Stadium in the 70's and 80's. In the early 80's I discovered that a shop in the mall (about a 5 or 6 mile walk one way), sold the Philadelphia Inquirer. When I couldn't get one of my parents to drive me out there to buy one, I'd walk/ride my bike (later in the 80's, I'd ride a moped on the back roads).

So trust me, the little bit of internet research and the use of a VPN to make it look like I live in Philly, is really a simple matter/task and well worth the minutes that it takes.

After having literally toiled and suffered with/over the Birds since the mid-70's and then having had Philly TV access during the 2017 season, and during the Super Bowl LII run and the weeks leading up to (and after) it, are priceless and cherished. So any 'work' that I have to perform to get that, are worth more than I could ever impart.

Damn Philly is gone on Windscribe? I just starting using the service. Oh well I had one good month with it. 

Just now, robj80 said:

Damn Philly is gone on Windscribe? I just starting using the service. Oh well I had one good month with it. 

They implied to my question, that a Philly server would be back soon. They didn't specifically say so, though. So we'll see.

Couldn't get Vue to work with multiple Windscribe servers, kept telling me that they didn't allow that type of network. Fubo works perfectly though.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Couldn't get Vue to work with multiple Windscribe servers, kept telling me that they didn't allow that type of network. Fubo works perfectly though.

Well Vue is shutting down soon

48 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Well Vue is shutting down soon

Yeah, and I'll be cancelling before my next billing date. It's just odd that they'd wait until they're closing down to start disallowing VPNs.

30 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, and I'll be cancelling before my next billing date. It's just odd that they'd wait until they're closing down to start disallowing VPNs.

I guess they are preparing for it and shutting down all avenues of access

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

I guess they are preparing for it and shutting down all avenues of access

I would have actually thought that they'd do the opposite to try to get as much revenue as possible, between now and January 30th.

I just set my Vue account to discontinue after this billing cycle ends (in 4 days). My Fubo trial is still going, even though it expired 3 or 4 weeks ago lol. That'll probably crap out in a few days though.

50 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I just set my Vue account to discontinue after this billing cycle ends (in 4 days). My Fubo trial is still going, even though it expired 3 or 4 weeks ago lol. That'll probably crap out in a few days though.

Apparently fubo has some things against them and not accepting people cancelling and still charging them. I have never had that problem myself but it is out there

9 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Apparently fubo has some things against them and not accepting people cancelling and still charging them. I have never had that problem myself but it is out there

They can try to charge me all they want, the virtual card that I used to get the free trial, only had a $1 credit limit. I do that on purpose, just so they can't charge me, once my trial expires.

35 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They can try to charge me all they want, the virtual card that I used to get the free trial, only had a $1 credit limit. I do that on purpose, just so they can't charge me, once my trial expires.

I know all about your tricks lol. 

2 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I know all about your tricks lol. 

I'm just surprised that they've allowed the free trial to stretch out to a month+.

30 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm just surprised that they've allowed the free trial to stretch out to a month+.

Like I said if they are not cancelling subscriptions when they are supposed to then maybe they forget to shut off the free trials lol

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

Like I said if they are not cancelling subscriptions when they are supposed to then maybe they forget to shut off the free trials lol

A big difference between Fubo and Vue, Fubo has allowed me to access the service for a month after they couldn't bill my credit card but Vue cut my service off the instant that the card failed.

I did get an email from Fubo a few days ago, telling me that they'd discontinue my service in 6 days if I didn't update my credit card. So I have 2 or 3 more days to go until I create another free 6 week preview week... lol

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

A big difference between Fubo and Vue, Fubo has allowed me to access the service for a month after they couldn't bill my credit card but Vue cut my service off the instant that the card failed.

I did get an email from Fubo a few days ago, telling me that they'd discontinue my service in 6 days if I didn't update my credit card. So I have 2 or 3 more days to go until I create another free 6 week preview week... lol

Lol, directtv now was like that they would continue to try to bill my card and they did that for several weeks. 

4 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Lol, directtv now was like that they would continue to try to bill my card and they did that for several weeks. 

I think they did the same for me, when I tried it for free. I couldn't get any Philly locals with them though, so I never even used their service after I realized that.

It's a real shame that Vue wasn't bought, or that Sony didn't just keep it going. I really liked their service and would have continued to pay them their fee. I'm sure all of their subscribers would have.

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I think they did the same for me, when I tried it for free. I couldn't get any Philly locals with them though, so I never even used their service after I realized that.

It's a real shame that Vue wasn't bought, or that Sony didn't just keep it going. I really liked their service and would have continued to pay them their fee. I'm sure all of their subscribers would have.

Well that was on Sony for never promoting it correctly. Also they were becoming one of the most expensive steaming services with the least amount of content. It's like when others started pumping out live TV streaming services they just gave up on it.