BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

22 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Ok, today's December 6th and I just started a new 'free 7 day trial' of Fubo. This should last into mid-January.

Lol that would be awesome! 

9 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Lol that would be awesome! 

My previous 'free 7 day' trial lasted from October 29th, to December 5th. It was a very slow 7 days...

33 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

My previous 'free 7 day' trial lasted from October 29th, to December 5th. It was a very slow 7 days...

Maybe they meant in dog days?? Lol

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:32 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Ok, today's December 6th and I just started a new 'free 7 day trial' of Fubo. This should last into mid-January.

Day 15 and still going strong.

Got an email from Fubo… they'll disable my account in 6 days. :o 

I wonder how long they'll keep this system in place lol.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Lol who knows but, it seems to be going well 

On 1/5/2020 at 1:30 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So remember how I said my account got hacked? Well my card was attached to my fubotv account and they sent an email and they said they will have to shut off my service unless I update my payment account. How long should I play that out? Lol

29 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

So remember how I said my account got hacked? Well my card was attached to my fubotv account and they sent an email and they said they will have to shut off my service unless I update my payment account. How long should I play that out? Lol

lol Well, they give me until my next billing cycle. I'm on my third 'free preview week' now. This new 'week', has about 4 weeks left in it lol.

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

lol Well, they give me until my next billing cycle. I'm on my third 'free preview week' now. This new 'week', has about 4 weeks left in it lol.

Hmmm so maybe I should wait till they shut me off because it's not like I'm on a special promotion or anything

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, robj80 said:

Damn Philly is gone on Windscribe? I just starting using the service. Oh well I had one good month with it. 

Just got an email from Igor at Windscribe (don't know if that's a real or fake name), they just added 2 Philly servers.

Tried the "Jawn" server first and Fubo wouldn't connect. So I switched to the "Rocky" server and it works right as rain. As it's been, I've only been able to see NBC Sports Philadelphia (both of their channels), from Philadelphia and not the NBC, CBS or Fox channels. Now I can see them all.

So, for out of towners that want Philly locals, Fubo and Windscribe will do it.  

Looks like they changed the nicknames of the servers. 'Jawn' is now 'Fresh Prince' and 'Rocky' is now 'Cheese'.

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 11:03 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just got an email from Igor at Windscribe (don't know if that's a real or fake name), they just added 2 Philly servers.

Tried the "Jawn" server first and Fubo wouldn't connect. So I switched to the "Rocky" server and it works right as rain. As it's been, I've only been able to see NBC Sports Philadelphia (both of their channels), from Philadelphia and not the NBC, CBS or Fox channels. Now I can see them all.

So, for out of towners that want Philly locals, Fubo and Windscribe will do it.  

The Philly Servers don't register with Fubo as being in Philly anymore. Last time I checked, it was registering as New York.

38 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Philly Servers don't register with Fubo as being in Philly anymore. Last time I checked, it was registering as New York.

Oh boy!! Are you shut down?

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Oh boy!! Are you shut down?

My service? I'm on free account #4 or 5 (just started a new one today). I'd like to be able to get the local CBS, NBC and ABC, but that's not a 'deal breaker' for me. I mostly just want NBC Sports Philadelphia and I get that regardless of where the IP address shows me as being, since I signed up with a Philly zip code.

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

My service? I'm on free account #4 or 5 (just started a new one today). I'd like to be able to get the local CBS, NBC and ABC, but that's not a 'deal breaker' for me. I mostly just want NBC Sports Philadelphia and I get that regardless of where the IP address shows me as being, since I signed up with a Philly zip code.

Oh ok I misunderstood then. I thought you weren't able to get the Philly channels anymore. 

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Oh ok I misunderstood then. I thought you weren't able to get the Philly channels anymore. 

Yeah, I can get NBCS Philly just not Fox, ABC, CBS or NBC. Hopefully that will change by the time the season comes around, but if it doesn't, I can usually work around it even if I have to go to the opposing teams VPN server or some other city that's getting the Eagles game.

15 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, I can get NBCS Philly just not Fox, ABC, CBS or NBC. Hopefully that will change by the time the season comes around, but if it doesn't, I can usually work around it even if I have to go to the opposing teams VPN server or some other city that's getting the Eagles game.

What is your knowledge on internet gadgets and what not

2 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

What is your knowledge on internet gadgets and what not

If I don't know about a gadget or method, I can pretty much get up to speed quickly if I see a benefit in it.

14 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If I don't know about a gadget or method, I can pretty much get up to speed quickly if I see a benefit in it.

Well my question is about the mobile hot spot devices like the Verizon jetpack. I was thinking about going with that instead of getting Xfinity and just get the Verizon unlimited plan. I know they say some of those devices are just as strong as a router/modem and can work just as well as long as you don't need to hook up to much to it which I dont

2 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Well my question is about the mobile hot spot devices like the Verizon jetpack. I was thinking about going with that instead of getting Xfinity and just get the Verizon unlimited plan. I know they say some of those devices are just as strong as a router/modem and can work just as well as long as you don't need to hook up to much to it which I dont

I'd have to look into them to see what I think. I don't have any first hand experience with it, but I do like the concept and had briefly looked into it a few years ago but just didn't really have a pressing need so I didn't go too far with it.

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'd have to look into them to see what I think. I don't have any first hand experience with it, but I do like the concept and had briefly looked into it a few years ago but just didn't really have a pressing need so I didn't go too far with it.

The businesses around her have Verizon internet but they don't really do any home internet around here. I dont want to give my money to Xfinity either. Plus I already run everything off of an Xfinity hotspot and I have no issues and it only runs at like 25mbs.

The issue is I can log onto the Xfinity hotspot because my parents have Xfinity but that won't last forever plus it isn't always flawless

4 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

The businesses around her have Verizon internet but they don't really do any home internet around here. I dont want to give my money to Xfinity either. Plus I already run everything off of an Xfinity hotspot and I have no issues and it only runs at like 25mbs.

The issue is I can log onto the Xfinity hotspot because my parents have Xfinity but that won't last forever plus it isn't always flawless

Earlier, I went to Verizon's website for that hotspot, and it didn't have great reviews. But then again, most people that write online reviews are the ones who aren't happy. For every bad review, there could be 100 happy customers.