BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Earlier, I went to Verizon's website for that hotspot, and it didn't have great reviews. But then again, most people that write online reviews are the ones who aren't happy. For every bad review, there could be 100 happy customers.

So what is your official thoughts on it? I want to talk to a Verizon rep about it. They will try to tell me anything to get me to buy though

3 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

So what is your official thoughts on it? I want to talk to a Verizon rep about it. They will try to tell me anything to get me to buy though

I have to do a little more reading on it, so as of this moment, I don't have a fully developed opinion. If you call Verizon, ask if you can do a trial period and if it sucks, return everything and be out without a contract. Don't know if they'll go for that though.

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have to do a little more reading on it, so as of this moment, I don't have a fully developed opinion. If you call Verizon, ask if you can do a trial period and if it sucks, return everything and be out without a contract. Don't know if they'll go for that though.

I know if I buy it online they want a 2 year contract. Damn internet!

13 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I know if I buy it online they want a 2 year contract. Damn internet!

I saw that you could buy one without a contract but it was doubled in price if you do that.

On a different note, I logged into Fubo and the VPN is registering as Philadelphia again, so the Philly local networks are there. Wouldn't you know, as soon as I post about it, it starts working correctly again lol.

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I saw that you could buy one without a contract but it was doubled in price if you do that.

On a different note, I logged into Fubo and the VPN is registering as Philadelphia again, so the Philly local networks are there. Wouldn't you know, as soon as I post about it, it starts working correctly again lol.

I'm going to contact them tonight and see what it's all about

15 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I'm going to contact them tonight and see what it's all about

I don't have a smart phone, don't really want one. But if I had a need for accessing the internet from 'outside' locations (outside of where I always have access anyway), and I still didn't want to get a smart phone, I'd probably go with something like this.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't have a smart phone, don't really want one. But if I had a need for accessing the internet from 'outside' locations (outside of where I always have access anyway), and I still didn't want to get a smart phone, I'd probably go with something like this.

So I contacted them and basically it's like the internet but, you just run your devices off of the Verizon phone network instead of the traditional cable or satellite internet. 

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

So I contacted them and basically it's like the internet but, you just run your devices off of the Verizon phone network instead of the traditional cable or satellite internet. 

If it sucks, can you get out of it?

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If it sucks, can you get out of it?

Well it would run off of what ever plan I have for my plan so I'm sure I can just change my plan back to limited data. The device itself is a 2 year contract and to get out of that it would be 175 bucks

I use a Verizon hotspot for work all the time and I really dont have any issues streaming with it.

If you am in a good spot with your cell phone and get full 4g bars, it should work just fine.

You just cant really use it to download large files.

35 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

I use a Verizon hotspot for work all the time and I really dont have any issues streaming with it.

If you am in a good spot with your cell phone and get full 4g bars, it should work just fine.

You just cant really use it to download large files.

I don't need it for that just streaming a little bit of gaming that's all. 

One thing about Fubo Windscribe, their Australian server absolutely sucks. If I try to stream Australian Survivor from the channel in Australia that airs it, it might take 3 or 4 minutes to even start the stream and then I'll get 2 seconds and then another 2 minutes of buffering... 2 more seconds, followed by another 2 or 3 minutes of buffering and so on.

It's not a big deal, of course. I can download the torrent of the new episodes within less than 12 hours of the episodes airing.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

One thing about Fubo, their Australian server absolutely sucks. If I try to stream Australian Survivor from the channel in Australia that airs it, it might take 3 or 4 minutes to even start the stream and then I'll get 2 seconds and then another 2 minutes of buffering... 2 more seconds, followed by another 2 or 3 minutes of buffering and so on.

It's not a big deal, of course. I can download the torrent of the new episodes within less than 12 hours of the episodes airing.

Well it is Australia lol. 

47 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Well it is Australia lol. 

Yeah, maybe I'll try London later and see how it does there. I've used another VPN to watch 'The Repair Shop' on BBC2 in the past and that VPN did well there. I haven't tried Windscribe though... and i just noticed that I was blaming Fubo for the sucky connection, but I meant Windscribe.

On 3/17/2020 at 1:43 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

One thing about Fubo Windscribe, their Australian server absolutely sucks. If I try to stream Australian Survivor from the channel in Australia that airs it, it might take 3 or 4 minutes to even start the stream and then I'll get 2 seconds and then another 2 minutes of buffering... 2 more seconds, followed by another 2 or 3 minutes of buffering and so on.

When I was in India I connected to a Boston server to watch Fubo. It worked but it took awhile for the stream to load and really work. It seemed like Netflix worked a lot better then Fubo at times.

That said Sonarr is always a good backup plan  ;)