BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

I live in Waldorf. About 15 minutes from DC

If you ever wonder near the Pasadena area, hit me with a Pm.

Channels are back now too folks ;)

13 Bang Bang is where we come in to put a big fat hole into the ground so our bad neighbors can jump into.

I looked the MOS up, I figured it was in the Combat Arms. I see they've completely re-classified my MOSs, if mine even exist anymore. I'm pretty sure 31M is long gone and if Delta and/or Foxtrot are still around (in their same form) I'd be surprised. They aren't even 31 (communications) anymore though, they're 25 now.

If you get to cancelations it works. I only did it this year when they cut the chanels. My agruement is my son loves sponge bob and my wife wacthes that garbage reality on mtv. I have had the ticket for 6 years and order every ufc fight. I called to complain said its funny payton manning just told me if I move I get the ticket free. Yet being a loyal customer for 7 years just gets me screwed. Got $30 credit every month for 12 months free ST and one free year showtime and stars. It does work just cant call every year.

After using Verizon to get DirecTV to reduce my bill by $240/yr, I called Cox and threatened to switch my internet and phone to Verizon. Verizon's service for the same thing I'm getting from Cox is $75 and Cox is $98 (then add taxes). I got Cox to drop my monthly bill by $240/yr ($20 a month).

If you have multiple service providers in your area, use them against each other. Make them bid for your service.

I just wish there was another electric company that I could get electricity from so I could play one off the other there too.

Just got my bill and it had the first of 6 installments of $32.99 for Sunday Ticket on there. That's just shy of $200 so I knew it didn't include Sunday Ticket Max which is another $100.

I called Directv and said "cancel" during the automated prompts. I talked to a girl and asked her if it included Max and she said no. I told her that I travel a lot and don't get to watch the games live at home and that I had to have Max to watch games on my tablet, but that the total cost was too much and as a result we were thinking about doing without and then moving to Armstrong cable.

First she offered to add Max for only $60 instead of $100. I told her that 6 times $32.99 was still too much in the first place. She countered with giving me Max for free, a $100 value. I told her that doesn't help me at all with the cost of Sunday Ticket being so high, so she offered to add Max for free, leave the price of Sunday Ticket at 6 times $32.99 and then give me a $20 credit each month for the next six months. Now I'm getting Ticket Max for free and paying $80 total for Sunday Ticket.

I'm also wondering at what point Directv cries BS on me, because I've been a Directv Premier Monthly member for about 9 years now. I'm paying for just about every channel there is. If I can't afford Sunday Ticket then how do they think I can afford the Premier package?

Just got my bill and it had the first of 6 installments of $32.99 for Sunday Ticket on there. That's just shy of $200 so I knew it didn't include Sunday Ticket Max which is another $100.

I called Directv and said "cancel" during the automated prompts. I talked to a girl and asked her if it included Max and she said no. I told her that I travel a lot and don't get to watch the games live at home and that I had to have Max to watch games on my tablet, but that the total cost was too much and as a result we were thinking about doing without and then moving to Armstrong cable.

First she offered to add Max for only $60 instead of $100. I told her that 6 times $32.99 was still too much in the first place. She countered with giving me Max for free, a $100 value. I told her that doesn't help me at all with the cost of Sunday Ticket being so high, so she offered to add Max for free, leave the price of Sunday Ticket at 6 times $32.99 and then give me a $20 credit each month for the next six months. Now I'm getting Ticket Max for free and paying $80 total for Sunday Ticket.

I'm also wondering at what point Directv cries BS on me, because I've been a Directv Premier Monthly member for about 9 years now. I'm paying for just about every channel there is. If I can't afford Sunday Ticket then how do they think I can afford the Premier package?

Wait a week or so and then email them.

This is how I do it, I email their CS department and start a dialog with them and tell them that it's too expensive in this economy. Their service, in a storm, sucks big time and I could go to Verizon for whatever price Verizon offers. (You'd have to go to the Verizon site and check their prices and if they're in your area, if not try some other provider).

I also tell them that NFL Sunday Ticket is the only reason I stayed with DirecTV for as many years as I've been with them and now, I can get every single game on NFL.COM for $50 for the entire season and I can get many other TV shows directly online or over the air and for movies and other shows, there's Netflix.

List off all of your TV/Movie/Football options that can easily replace DirecTV with for a lot less money. Netflix is about $8 and NFL Rewind is about $50. Over the Air TV is free and all of the network websites are free.

Complain about losing reception during storms and generally play it up that you're dissatisfied and looking for better options.

Do all of this in email, like I said and get the dialog going there. At some point they should give you a special 800 number and PIN number to get directly through to their retention department. Repeat your concerns, tell them that in this economy, you can't really justify such an expense when you can get these same things for far less elsewhere. If you don't mind lying a little, tell them that you just recently lost your job or something of that nature.

You're not guaranteed to get everything that you want, but in terms of free ST, it's worked for me in the past. Once I get my first bill with ST on there, I'll call and complain because a couple of weeks ago the Retention Rep promised me that my bill would be $75 or $80 per month for 12 months and wouldn't go up from there. So when ST makes it go up, I'll complain and see if they'll do anything about it. I probably won't push them to the edge of the cliff though because the $20 per month for 12 months that they gave me covers all of ST and even $40 of Max. So if I have to pay, then I'll only pay $60 total for ST and Max. If I add the money that I saved from making Cox cut my bill with them too, then I'll pay nothing for ST and Max at all.

Their email address that I use is DIRECTV directvcustomercare@directv.com

Either way though, if your current deal is what you end up with, that's great too and I'd be satisfied.

Yeah, I pull the same stunt every year. I'm satisfied with getting Sunday Ticket for $80 and free ST Max for this year. No more complaining from me this year.

So here's what got.

Free ST Max

NHL Center Ice

Bill stays the same for 12 months

Was on the phone for 20 mins with cancellation person and I didn't even have to threaten to leave.

Angle to play for free St is that new customers getting Max St free.

hurray for me!

Shhhh! Don't tell Eagle Jeff, he'll just think you're a great big liar... :lol:

LOL. Ill post my bill next month LOL. But its funny how easy it is.....every year (though this is the best I've done thus far) .

Easier since I have every channel probably.

Ill post my transaction summary in a few :)

Here's a copy and paste - ill screenie sometime.

Strike now while the iron is hot folks...

06/13 07/12 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2012 Renewal: No Payment Due 0.00 trans.gif

07/13 08/12 NHL CENTER ICE 2012 Renewal: No Payment Due 0.00

Here's a copy and paste - ill screenie sometime.

Strike now while the iron is hot folks...

06/13 07/12 NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2012 Renewal: No Payment Due 0.00 trans.gif

07/13 08/12 NHL CENTER ICE 2012 Renewal: No Payment Due 0.00

I had something similar on my bill last month but it said "Renewal Notice" so I'm assuming that next month the actual charge will show up. By "next month" I mean next week, I think the 3rd is when I get my new bill. That's when I'll start working on them again.

Yeah my bill was two days ago so its in the renewall windows :) but that's what's on my transactions :) suprised I got that much free. I only wanted the regular St free. When the lady said OK you have St Max free I was already happy. Nut never hurts to ask for more LOL.

I didn't even have to name drop Viacom.

Yeah my bill was two days ago so its in the renewall windows :) but that's what's on my transactions :) suprised I got that much free. I only wanted the regular St free. When the lady said OK you have St Max free I was already happy. Nut never hurts to ask for more LOL.

I didn't even have to name drop Viacom.

I looked at my bill from last month and there's a note on there that the entry was just a notification, the actual bill will be next month. When it shows up I'll call to see if I can get it taken care of. But like I said earlier, I got $240 a few weeks ago so if they won't give me ST Max for free this year then that $240 will mean that I'll really only end up paying $60 for ST Max this year when all is said and done.

Yeah. The folks that call and speak to cancellation folks are getting deals :)

Seems like the iron is hot this week.

Every football forum has the guy who claims he never pays for the ticket as a result of that lame trick. It doesn't work and the guy is a liar. The best you can hope for is that they will give it to you at a reduced rate. The operators need to be aware of this customer scam and not budge when people claim they're going to change providers.

exactly. It doesn't work. What they will do is give you a small discount on the ticket. And I do mean small.

And it makes sense. DirecTV has paid the NFL over 1 Billion (with a B) dollars per season for exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket. They are not going to give it away for free to old customers year after year. Use yer noodle, people. If you've got one.

exactly. It doesn't work. What they will do is give you a small discount on the ticket. And I do mean small.

And it makes sense. DirecTV has paid the NFL over 1 Billion (with a B) dollars per season for exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket. They are not going to give it away for free to old customers year after year. Use yer noodle, people. If you've got one.

3341409460_f43e27bb8c_o.gif

Some people are both clueless and helpless.

Frankly, I don't care all that much what you think it proves or doesn't prove. But it proves that I got a large credit on my bill just before the NFL season started.

Now, if you were a DTV subscriber and if you used their online system to view your bills then you know that the image that I posted is the top portion of the bill. Scrolling down gives a breakdown of what everything is.

You can see here what my credits were for. Not all of the amount shown was for NFL Sunday Ticket and not all of my NFL Sunday Ticket credit is reflected in that amount either. An additional $20 per month was credited to my account for 6 months. So add the amounts together here and then add another $120 to that and that's the total amount they gave me.

DTV2.jpg

Just because they didn't offer you anything to stay doesn't mean that they do that with everyone, like someone else said, you have to know how to talk to them and you have to not accept their first word as their final word.

My guess is that you never spoke to the retention department but only spoke to the first person that answered the phone, which for all you know could have been their first day on the job.

LOL, you don't just stop with the first person who answers the phone. I do this with DirecTV, Comcast internet, Verizon and others. You could try with the first person, sometimes I've gotten great deals from them. Or, ask them to speak to a manager or someone in charge of closing accounts or something like that.

you don't even have to be a jerk to them. Just explain that you are looking at your budget and costs are too high on services you have. You're looking at other companies offering you deals for new customers. You would prefer to stay but you have to do what's best for you. Ask if there's anything they can do. If they don't want to keep you as customers, then threaten to cancel and switch to their competitor. See what that gets you.

If nothing, or only a small discount, try again later. Maybe wait a day or a week. You might get someone else on the phone who does it for you. Once that discounts on your bill, they're not going to take it off.

No, it's not easy to get them to cave. Those of us claiming to have gotten it for free or at a huge discount are just lying in order to boost out "EMB Cred"... those that say it's impossible MUST be right...

:rolleyes:

You're right. We are lying.

Here's my embed credit back. Oh I guess I should start paying for my sports extras too.