BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

Where's my man VaBeach and ST discount news? I was wondering when I should start my annual negotiations and I think I'll try this angle this year. Never actually thought about it that way after a year old thread.

I haven't had a chance to deal with them over this yet this year. I've been pretty busy helping to care for a terminally ill uncle (who is living with me now) and that's taking the majority of my free time.

I do need to call them though, I got them to give me a free Genie a couple of months ago and have had to postpone the installation a few times due to my uncles situation. I haven't even looked at my bill, have they started renewing ST yet?

I haven't had a chance to deal with them over this yet this year. I've been pretty busy helping to care for a terminally ill uncle (who is living with me now) and that's taking the majority of my free time.

I do need to call them though, I got them to give me a free Genie a couple of months ago and have had to postpone the installation a few times due to my uncles situation. I haven't even looked at my bill, have they started renewing ST yet?

I think it may be on my next bill. I just checked my statement from last week and it showed the ST listed but it was for $0.00 charge. I'll wait until next month to see if a charge shows up so I can call in pissed off at the high price.

I think it may be on my next bill. I just checked my statement from last week and it showed the ST listed but it was for $0.00 charge. I'll wait until next month to see if a charge shows up so I can call in pissed off at the high price.

Yeah, I looked at mine too and found the $0.00 charges (2 or 3 of them).

Just got off the phone with direct tv. Got free ST Max, $20 off bill for 12 months, additional $15 off for 15 months, also got all premium channels 2 months free for extending 12 months. They also threw in free genie upgrade for extending another 12 months. Being a good customer pays off when you get good customer service in return. This all in a 20 minute hassle free call without begging or any sob stories. Just a simple explaination to the CSR and he transferred me to a lady who threw in all the discounts she could find.

:worthy: Direct TV = $500+ saving on my bill over 15 months + additional free $300 ST Max!

LOL I almost feel bad for Direct TV as they look like suckers with how you guys are getting them. But then again, they gladly overcharge for their services so it's only right that you guys can get those discounts and specials.

I moved, and they gave me a monthly discount on my regular bill, free cable channels and free Sunday ticket to keep DirecTV.

That had nothing to do with it, you gave them all a puff-puff, be honest.

I just called earlier today because I was going to cancel my DirecTv and just go with Optimum because I was tired of paying two bills.

I got my bill negotiated down to $60 a month with HBO, a free Genie and ST thrown in. Now I am going to start cutting services with Optimum to see if I can get faster internet service.

I just called earlier today because I was going to cancel my DirecTv and just go with Optimum because I was tired of paying two bills.

I got my bill negotiated down to $60 a month with HBO, a free Genie and ST thrown in. Now I am going to start cutting services with Optimum to see if I can get faster internet service.

lol congrats.

Honestly I'm seeing trends from a lot of you guys with being able to cut cost with DirecTV. Is the company desperate? Are sales low? I mean it just seems like they are incredibly willing to continue to do this for the customers every year.

lol congrats.

Honestly I'm seeing trends from a lot of you guys with being able to cut cost with DirecTV. Is the company desperate? Are sales low? I mean it just seems like they are incredibly willing to continue to do this for the customers every year.

I didn't think I was going to get anything and was just planning to cancel them. I sent an email asking where I send the boxes back to and they gave me the number with pin to call, which put me right on line with cancellation.

I really started with the how much I was paying and that I had a DVR now that can record 4 shows at once, which he then offered the Genie for free.

They offered all kinds of discounts and everything and then at the end all I asked was if I decide to stay how much would it be monthly for ST. They told me they would throw it in for free as well.

I had already switched over to Optimum and I really hate their DVR. Directv has been the best service that have ever had and I was not going to leave but it was becoming too costly.

They gave me some discount on my dvr, movie channel, & gave Max 4 free! Big whoop, I don't leave my house on football Sunday! But thanks anyway.

lol congrats.

A friend of mine us a Direct customer and he always says how their customer service is absolutely top notch. Keeping the customer is the most important thing.

I still get a kick out of this... :rolleyes:

Every football forum has the guy who claims he never pays for the ticket as a result of that lame trick. It doesn't work and the guy is a liar. The best you can hope for is that they will give it to you at a reduced rate. The operators need to be aware of this customer scam and not budge when people claim they're going to change providers.

You know, as much as I love Sunday Ticket, it really gets old losing your signal every time it rains. Eventually I'll actually drop DirecTV in favor of a non-satellite service.

Let's see, $30 off for 12 months, plus $15 off for an additional 3 months. Starz free for 6 months, Sunday Ticket plus Red Zone free. The woman said in order for them to give me ST for free, they would need a 12 months commitment, so I said if she was able to do that, I wouldn't be going anywhere.

Who ever said there was someone on every MB saying this and that the person saying it is a liar, is full of ****.

Let's see, $30 off for 12 months, plus $15 off for an additional 3 months. Starz free for 6 months, Sunday Ticket plus Red Zone free. The woman said in order for them to give me ST for free, they would need a 12 months commitment, so I said if she was able to do that, I wouldn't be going anywhere.

Who ever said there was someone on every MB saying this and that the person saying it is a liar, is full of ****.

Unfortunately, the guy that said that wound up being banned... or maybe that is fortunate for us... lol

But then again, he'd probably accuse you of being "that guy" on the board for this season... :lol:

You know, as much as I love Sunday Ticket, it really gets old losing your signal every time it rains. Eventually I'll actually drop DirecTV in favor of a non-satellite service.

What I found out is that if you switch off of HD to SD the signal works during a rain storm. You have to go to Settings->Video and change where it says hide SD to show all channels. The guide will then show 2 channels, one HD and one SD. Whenever there has been a rainstorm and I lose my signal - I do this and change to the SD channel and it has worked every time.

What I found out is that if you switch off of HD to SD the signal works during a rain storm. You have to go to Settings->Video and change where it says hide SD to show all channels. The guide will then show 2 channels, one HD and one SD. Whenever there has been a rainstorm and I lose my signal - I do this and change to the SD channel and it has worked every time.

It may make a difference of where in the country you are, I have two SD TiVo's along with my 4 HD DVR's and when it rains here, I lose the signal on all of my boxes.

My current years 'fight' with them is a little more difficult than in the past, mostly because I know that I recently used up all (or most) of the $500 or $600 'incentive offer' that they give each customer to keep their business when they threaten to cancel. I just got my PIN to call them last night...

I really have been considering cancelling them though and going with FiOs. I no longer record every single NFL game, every Sunday and NFL Sunday Ticket was really the only reason that I kept DirecTV. So they really do need to give up some incentives to convince me to stay.

My current years 'fight' with them is a little more difficult than in the past, mostly because I know that I recently used up all (or most) of the $500 or $600 'incentive offer' that they give each customer to keep their business when they threaten to cancel. I just got my PIN to call them last night...

I really have been considering cancelling them though and going with FiOs. I no longer record every single NFL game, every Sunday and NFL Sunday Ticket was really the only reason that I kept DirecTV. So they really do need to give up some incentives to convince me to stay.

Have you called them and did they give you enough to make you stay?

I just got off the phone with Directtv to negotiate a deal. I got ST and ST Max for 29.99 for 6 months. The best I could do although I didn't go the cancel subscription route.

I called and they gave me ST MAX at half price.... Sunday ticket is pretty much the only reason I keep Directv.....I could get internet, Phone, and tv alot cheaper if I "bundle" with another company, but Directv is the only game in town for Sunday Ticket....