BIRDZEYEVIEW

Concerning DirecTV

FTA is the way to go, Problem with the NFL Ticket is I can watch over half of the Giants games here in Florida on regular TV. So I'm not paying for just a few games.

FTA is the way to go, Problem with the NFL Ticket is I can watch over half of the Giants games here in Florida on regular TV. So I'm not paying for just a few games.

Pay? Who pays for Sunday Ticket??

I just got off the phone with Directtv to negotiate a deal. I got ST and ST Max for 29.99 for 6 months. The best I could do although I didn't go the cancel subscription route.

They offered me the same thing, then I told the woman, "I only keep DirecTv specifically for ST and asked if there was anything better they could offer me?" She had to have had the screen already pulled up, she then said "I see that I am able to give it you for free, but I'd need a 12 month commitment." Never had any real intention of cancelling anyway, so I said "yeah no problem."

For those that may not like calling/emailing and haggling over things like this... check this thread out in the Gaming forum:

If you buy the 25th Anniversary edition of Madden on Amazon, you'll get Sunday Ticket for free (on a computer or other mobile device... not on your TV).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF7KVMI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The game is $99.99, so the Ticket isn't exactly "Free", if you buy just the game without the offer, it's $59.99. So Sunday Ticket winds up being $40 of the price. So if you can't get it for free, $40 is the next best thing.

Even if you don't have a PS3 or other game box and you buy the game JUST for the code, as someone in that thread pointed out, you could put the game up on eBay and re-sell it.

I called and they gave me ST MAX at half price.... Sunday ticket is pretty much the only reason I keep Directv.....I could get internet, Phone, and tv alot cheaper if I "bundle" with another company, but Directv is the only game in town for Sunday Ticket....

It sucks they are the only ones that offer it.

The NFL should offer packages to stream games live through the NFL.com website. I would gladly pay a reasonable amount of money to watch Eagles games in HD quality. The technology is clearly there as NBC already does it, or at least did it in the past. It may not be that far off since the DirecTV contract apparently expires after next season. Until then I will just keep streaming for free and occasionally going to the bar.

The NFL should offer packages to stream games live through the NFL.com website. I would gladly pay a reasonable amount of money to watch Eagles games in HD quality. The technology is clearly there as NBC already does it, or at least did it in the past. It may not be that far off since the DirecTV contract apparently expires after next season. Until then I will just keep streaming for free and occasionally going to the bar.

Why offer it at a reasonable price when they can get an unreasonable one?

It's almost like when movies first came out on tape for purchase, they were $80 or more and they sold a fair amount of tapes. Eventually, someone realized that if they dropped the price to $9.99, they'd lose the per tape profit but they'd sell a WHOLE LOT more and make A LOT more overall profit.

If the NFL, or even DirecTV would charge $99 per season for your favorite team, and open it up to everyone, you'd probably get a lot more people buying it and the overall profit would go up.

Why offer it at a reasonable price when they can get an unreasonable one?

True. That's the Goodell Way™

But I wouldn't pay for it. Just like the ridiculous price they now charge for the NFL Game Rewind. I first bought it back in 2008 for around $25 for all the games. Now it's $70. It's a cool thing to have but not worth that much.

True. That's the Goodell Way™

But I wouldn't pay for it. Just like the ridiculous price they now charge for the NFL Game Rewind. I first bought it back in 2008 for around $25 for all the games. Now it's $70. It's a cool thing to have but not worth that much.

I think it was $50 when it first came out, but even at $70, if you don't get the games live $70 is better than $300. The thing that pissed me off was when they started charging for the radio broadcasts, which used to be free.

Just wish it was Comcast and not DirecTV that was partnered with them. Hate DirecTV

The problem there would be that not everyone can get Comcast, they aren't in my, area for instance. So the NFL would have to have multiple contracts with multiple cable providers.

I like the streaming idea but if they could somehow negotiate one contract that would cover all cable providers, that would be good. I don't see how that could work though.

I like what they're doing with the Madden 25th Anniversary game, that shows that they can and are willing to do it without DirecTV.

The problem there would be that not everyone can get Comcast, they aren't in my, area for instance. So the NFL would have to have multiple contracts with multiple cable providers.

I like the streaming idea but if they could somehow negotiate one contract that would cover all cable providers, that would be good. I don't see how that could work though.

I like what they're doing with the Madden 25th Anniversary game, that shows that they can and are willing to do it without DirecTV.

Yea the regional part is bad. I like the streaming idea too

I think it would be cool to offer a subscription to individual teams games. I really don't watch any other games on ST. If I could pay a lower price for Eagles games only, that would be nice.

Pay? Who pays for Sunday Ticket??

I ordered the game and will be using the code, I'm hoping that there won't be some BS about " can you receive DTV in your area"

I hope they just don't look for an IP address and lock me out, because I can get it in my area.

I ordered the game and will be using the code, I'm hoping that there won't be some BS about " can you receive DTV in your area"

I hope they just don't look for an IP address and lock me out, because I can get it in my area.

No, there won't be. It doesn't matter if you can receive DirecTV or not. They've had a package for the past couple of years for PS3 owners that allowed them to buy the Sunday Ticket for viewing with their PS3 and none of them had any issues like that back then.

There were other issues with the quality, but not with being able to get it.

No, there won't be. It doesn't matter if you can receive DirecTV or not. They've had a package for the past couple of years for PS3 owners that allowed them to buy the Sunday Ticket for viewing with their PS3 and none of them had any issues like that back then.

There were other issues with the quality, but not with being able to get it.

I Think it will be OK from what I have read here and other places. Or I'm out 100 bucks, I guess.

I Think it will be OK from what I have read here and other places. Or I'm out 100 bucks, I guess.

Do you have a PS3? If not or if you do and you just don't want the game, you can always sell it on eBay and get $40 or $50 (or more) out of it.

Do you have a PS3? If not or if you do and you just don't want the game, you can always sell it on eBay and get $40 or $50 (or more) out of it.

I don't have a PS3 or a use for the game, I'll either sell it on Fleabay or just give it to my nephew. I don't have DTV anymore, so 100 bucks isn't bad, that's what I paid back in 1995. But after they got the new contract on the NFL ticket and got up to 300.00, I said screw it.....just not worth it.

You all are giving up way too early when you call them. Half price is nice, but $0.00 is much nicer.

I got a similar deal yesterday: $29.99 for 5 months, and $10 off per month for 12 months ($120 discount for the year). So that's $149.95 - $120 yearly discount which makes Sunday Ticket $29.95 in the end.

I stated that the only reason I kept DTV when I moved was the free Sunday Ticket. That's all she would give me. She said her computer would not "let her" give me anything else, but that if I call back after the Sunday Ticket payments are done, they can enter another discount, maybe give me the $10 DVR fee for free. If they do that, just 3 months free of that would make Sunday Ticket free.

I'm going to call and get someone else in a week or so and complain that I don't think the previous person did it right, and that I'm not satisfied. Threaten to cancel and see if I can get them to give me ST completely free and/or get some other discounts out of it.

I got a similar deal yesterday: $29.99 for 5 months, and $10 off per month for 12 months ($120 discount for the year). So that's $149.95 - $120 yearly discount which makes Sunday Ticket $29.95 in the end.

I stated that the only reason I kept DTV when I moved was the free Sunday Ticket. That's all she would give me. She said her computer would not "let her" give me anything else, but that if I call back after the Sunday Ticket payments are done, they can enter another discount, maybe give me the $10 DVR fee for free. If they do that, just 3 months free of that would make Sunday Ticket free.

I'm going to call and get someone else in a week or so and complain that I don't think the previous person did it right, and that I'm not satisfied. Threaten to cancel and see if I can get them to give me ST completely free and/or get some other discounts out of it.

If you go to paperless billing, you'll get either the HD or the DVR fee taken off, I forget which of the two that they give.

What I would suggest would be to email them and have a running dialog back and forth through email until they give you a special 800 number and PIN to call.

Use this email address: directvcustomercare@directv.com

They'll probably try to just give you their general customer service 800 number, but if you don't get a "PIN" number that expires in 5 or so days, keep the email dialog going. Tell them that you can't call on the phone and sit on hold for hours or that you don't want to talk to a general know-nothing rep that won't be able to help you and will wind up transferring you all around, or something like that.

Keep it going long enough and you'll get the 800 number with the PIN. That will put you to the department that will be able to help you.

If you just call the regular Customer Service 800 number, you probably won't get what you want. Do it my way and you're much more likely to walk away happy. There's several people here that can vouch for what I'm saying... lol

If you go to paperless billing, you'll get either the HD or the DVR fee taken off, I forget which of the two that they give.

What I would suggest would be to email them and have a running dialog back and forth through email until they give you a special 800 number and PIN to call.

Use this email address: directvcustomercare@directv.com

They'll probably try to just give you their general customer service 800 number, but if you don't get a "PIN" number that expires in 5 or so days, keep the email dialog going. Tell them that you can't call on the phone and sit on hold for hours or that you don't want to talk to a general know-nothing rep that won't be able to help you and will wind up transferring you all around, or something like that.

Keep it going long enough and you'll get the 800 number with the PIN. That will put you to the department that will be able to help you.

If you just call the regular Customer Service 800 number, you probably won't get what you want. Do it my way and you're much more likely to walk away happy. There's several people here that can vouch for what I'm saying... lol

Sounds like a plan, thanks! I do have paperless billing and auto bill pay already which gives me free HD for life. I was trying to get free premium channels but all they'd do was 2 for 1 deals. I only want them if they're free. LOL. I don't really care, just seeing what all I can get for free.

Sounds like a plan, thanks! I do have paperless billing and auto bill pay already which gives me free HD for life. I was trying to get free premium channels but all they'd do was 2 for 1 deals. I only want them if they're free. LOL. I don't really care, just seeing what all I can get for free.

Do you have a Genie? One of the reps mentioned to me back in May that they would soon be able to upgrade anyone that has an HD DVR to a Genie for free.

Do you have a Genie? One of the reps mentioned to me back in May that they would soon be able to upgrade anyone that has an HD DVR to a Genie for free.

I don't , I have whole-home DVR. I should ask about that as well. I just don't want it free now and then get charged for it later. I don't really need that. But I'll find out. Thanks!