BillySims

Why do people consider Terrell Owens so "talented?"

Terrell Owens himself confirms it's unfathomable he was even drafted:

I really wonder how he got drafted at all, much less in the 3rd round. A 4.63 40 on a stopwatch is about a 4.7+ in reality, plus a 33-inch vertical, which is below average, and he was considered as raw as raw can be, with bad hands and sloppy routes. And his hands never did get good, as he was always one of the worst in the league in terms of drops, and he was always known as a mediocre route runner who was notoriously slow out of his breaks.

It's unfathomable to think what he accomplished with so little talent. Everything about him said he shouldn't have even been good enough to play in the CFL. He was 6'2" 213 coming out...and that was all he had going for him. And even the likes of Cris Carter had about the same size as that.

Seriously?

This thread is about that loon's football talent?

I never opened it, cause I figured it was about his acting "talent"...

I mean sure, question that, but football? He was considered talented because he was.

Sheesh...

He said he did the combine while doing basketball, so he didn't work himself out to get the better numbers for the combine. He said his pro day was better. He said he was expected to go to GB in the 3rd round. Try again.

Article states TO ran a sub 4.5 for the Seahawks at age 38

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1287123-terrell-owens-stuns-critics-with-incredible-40-yard-dash-time

In the interview that you posted he states that he didn't train for the 40 yard dash or combine at all because he was playing basketball.

Yea TO has no natural aren't at all and can't jump or run. OP never watched him play.

But but but he grunts in practice, that's called giving it your all. Try it sometime.

Article states TO ran a sub 4.5 for the Seahawks at age 38

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1287123-terrell-owens-stuns-critics-with-incredible-40-yard-dash-time

In the interview that you posted he states that he didn't train for the 40 yard dash or combine at all because he was playing basketball.

Yea TO has no natural aren't at all and can't jump or run. OP never watched him play.

But but but he grunts in practice, that's called giving it your all. Try it sometime.

you realize this thread is 11 pages of him trying to argue TO has no talent? Now it will be another 11 pages, tisk tisk feeding the trolls

you realize this thread is 11 pages of him trying to argue TO has no talent? Now it will be another 11 pages, tisk tisk feeding the trolls

Hey I didn't bring it back up and back in 2012 I wasn't on here.

Hey I didn't bring it back up and back in 2012 I wasn't on here.

lol I know, I'm just saying what you have to look forward too

Seriously?

This thread is about that loon's football talent?

I never opened it, cause I figured it was about his acting "talent"...

I mean sure, question that, but football? He was considered talented because he was.

Sheesh...

4.7 40, 33 inch vertical, below average agility/quickness, bad hands. His "talent" was working hard and overachieving, which is actually not talent at all.

4.7 40, 33 inch vertical, below average agility/quickness, bad hands. His "talent" was working hard and overachieving, which is actually not talent at all.

If any of that was true, which it isn't, TO wouldn't be in the top 100 in catches, yards, tds or any of that.

There have been literaly millions of kids who have worked their arses off and never sniffed the NFL.

There are hundreds of NFL players who worked both harder AND smarter than TO, and never made it off the practice squad. The difference? Enourmous talent.

Stop pretending TO invented the dedicated athlete. He was neither the 1st nor most dedicated. Pure, raw talent was his one advantage. Did he elevate it with work effort? Damn straight. Just like the majority of the players in the NFL have.

If any of that was true, which it isn't, TO wouldn't be in the top 100 in catches, yards, tds or any of that.

There have been literaly millions of kids who have worked their arses off and never sniffed the NFL.

There are hundreds of NFL players who worked both harder AND smarter than TO, and never made it off the practice squad. The difference? Enourmous talent.

Stop pretending TO invented the dedicated athlete. He was neither the 1st nor most dedicated. Pure, raw talent was his one advantage. Did he elevate it with work effort? Damn straight. Just like the majority of the players in the NFL have.

His workout numbers speak for themselves. His scouting reports speak for themselves.

When his teammates are asked about him, the first thing they all talk about is how hard he worked. Why do you think that is? Could it be because he works harder than them?

Donovan McNabb has never met booze he didn't drink. Numerous linemen come in overweight and drive their coaches crazy.

Terrell Owens's shirtless physique has become borderline iconic. He got that through pure hard work. He was a twig in high school.

So no, there have not been literally millions of kids who worked their asses off and never sniffed the NFL. Most high school and college kids are out partying/drinking/smoking weed and getting laid.

Owens was unrecruited out of high school and went to a tiny college in the middle of nowhere and spent all his time in the weight room. Most kids in that situation wouldn't have even bothered trying to play.

This is what this thread is:

Here are opinions and false statements. I'm right! Here's the same opinions and more false statements. I'm right!!!!!

You're using actual statements to disprove me? Look at these false statements!!! Strawman point 1. I'm right!!!

Pretty sure I'm the one bringing the actual facts in this thread.

Terrell Owens doesn't consider himself that talented, but instead a product of hard work, but I guess you know better than him.

His workout numbers speak for themselves. His scouting reports speak for themselves.

When his teammates are asked about him, the first thing they all talk about is how hard he worked. Why do you think that is? Could it be because he works harder than them?

Donovan McNabb has never met booze he didn't drink. Numerous linemen come in overweight and drive their coaches crazy.

Terrell Owens's shirtless physique has become borderline iconic. He got that through pure hard work. He was a twig in high school.

So no, there have not been literally millions of kids who worked their asses off and never sniffed the NFL. Most high school and college kids are out partying/drinking/smoking weed and getting laid.

Owens was unrecruited out of high school and went to a tiny college in the middle of nowhere and spent all his time in the weight room. Most kids in that situation wouldn't have even bothered trying to play.

Yes, millions of kids over the past three decades have worked out harder than TO, and abstained from any and all "partying", and most never made a college squad, and none made the NFL. TO made it and they didn't because of talent.

You act like any kid in america can work out his way into the NFL. No talent required at all.

Newsflash pumpkin, in athletics, talent trumps work ethic, every time. Every, time.

TO just happens to show what results when a supreme talent like him or Jerry rice marries work ethic(rare, because talent does trump work ethic, so the best rarely have it, the other 70 to 90 percent of the NFL do, and in spades) Records get set. Without the work ethic, TO doesn't set records. Without supreme talent, he never sniffs the NFL.

the only way you "win", is by outright lying about his measurables, which is transparent and been dismissed.

You have zero.

I just wanna know why this dude is so obsessed with TO

He's probably a snakeoil salesman of a personal trainer, and lies to clients and children and tells them he can train them into "the next TO".

Without talent, nobody ever has or ever will "work out" into the NFL.

TO isn't even considered the most extreme training junky in league history. But all training does is give one a better chance of using your talent to the fullest. It never has and never will give anyone the actual talent to play at the college level, much less in the NFL.

He's probably a snakeoil salesman of a personal trainer, and lies to clients and children and tells them he can train them into "the next TO".

Without talent, nobody ever has or ever will "work out" into the NFL.

TO isn't even considered the most extreme training junky in league history. But all training does is give one a better chance of using your talent to the fullest. It never has and never will give anyone the actual talent to play at the college level, much less in the NFL.

exactly he is just one of many who may have not had the best of talent but, still enough to get him in the pros and then worked to fulfill that talent

Pretty sure I'm the one bringing the actual facts in this thread.

Terrell Owens doesn't consider himself that talented, but instead a product of hard work, but I guess you know better than him.

Facts:

Over 1000 catches

Over 150 td's

Almost 16000 yards

Those facts equal talent. Measurables don't equal talent. Ask the Raiders who drafted by the stopwatch for so many years.

TO's talent was getting open and getting his team production in the passing game.

/End thread. Your arguement is beyond stupid

Furthermore...TO ran the 40 under 4.5 at 38 years old. I'm sure in his prime, before surgeries etc. he was faster.

Didn't you know that the combine numbers are the only facts. We can ignore that he didn't train for it or had different results at his pro day or even later in his career. His combine numbers are his numbers only. All other numbers don't count!!!

I've always thought people had the wrong perception of him, and one of the biggest ones is this idea that he somehow squandered something. Well, maybe his money, but he certainly didn't squander anything when it came to his football career.

On the contrary, I think Owens may be the biggest overachiever in the history of professional sports.

I don't know if anyone has ever actually watched him in practices, but if you did, you'd see that nothing he does comes naturally to him. He audibly grunts and groans every time he runs or makes a cut. He runs very sloppy routes. He struggles catching the football (we all know how many balls he drops). He has below average speed for a wide receiver. He's not really a great leaper, either.

When you add all of this up, you can see why he had to go to a division 1-AA school. You can see why he was the 12th receiver taken in the draft, 89th overall. He's just not all that naturally athletic.

Yet I hear people mention him in the same sentence as Randy Moss. He's really the furthest thing from Randy Moss. Moss was a national phenom, a big Deion Sanders. A one man show. If it hadn't been for his off field problems, he would have gone #1 overall in the draft.

He's more like Drew Pearson.

So what is it about him? It must be the physique. But do people honestly think that he just naturally has that great physique? That great physique of his was honed through years and years in the weight room. He wasn't born with 6 pack abs and an all-around chiseled frame. He worked for that. That's not talent, that's pure desire.

So many sided with Donovan McNabb during all the 2005 nonsense, but in that overblown "feud," one of those men was one of the most naturally gifted athletes at his position to ever play professional football. And that man was lazy and demonstrated a lack of dedication and underachieved. The exact opposite of the attributes possessed by the other man. And people sided with the former.

The power of media.

:roll:

Dude...It was...A long time ago. Let it go, man.