BillySims

Why do people consider Terrell Owens so "talented?"

Hey, I just watched a bunch of college football games and saw wide receivers catching passes. I guess somehow, some way, they were "reading the ball." How come most of these guys will never succeed in the NFL like Terrell Owens? Is it because they won't be able to "read the ball" in the NFL?

"Aw shoot, when this ball was thrown at me in college, I sensed it, but now I can't sense it anymore!!!111"

You are so, so stupid.

Hey, I just watched a bunch of college football games and saw wide receivers catching passes. I guess somehow, some way, they were "reading the ball." How come most of these guys will never succeed in the NFL like Terrell Owens? Is it because they won't be able to "read the ball" in the NFL?

"Aw shoot, when this ball was thrown at me in college, I sensed it, but now I can't sense it anymore!!!111"

You are so, so stupid.

1,078 receptions for 15,934 yards and 153 touchdowns.

Everyone is stupid except you because EVERYBODY else thinks T O was an extremely receiver. Good point.

“I hear that he’s one of the greatest of all time, but I don’t buy it – never did,” said one general manager. “He drops balls. He’s not a natural catcher. He’s not a great route runner, blah, blah, blah. He’s big and strong and good with the run after the catch, if he catches it. I can give you 100 negatives. It’s just not worth it."

But what would a General Manager, a guy who is paid to evaluate talent, know about this?

Bad hands, bad routes, 4.7 speed, 33 inch vertical. So much talent relative to his peers, yo.

“I hear that he’s one of the greatest of all time, but I don’t buy it – never did,” said one general manager. “He drops balls. He’s not a natural catcher. He’s not a great route runner, blah, blah, blah. He’s big and strong and good with the run after the catch, if he catches it. I can give you 100 negatives. It’s just not worth it."

But what would a General Manager, a guy who is paid to evaluate talent, know about this?

Bad hands, bad routes, 4.7 speed, 33 inch vertical. So much talent relative to his peers, yo.

1,078 receptions for 15,934 yards and 153 touchdowns. Proves that GM was wrong. A GM also traded a million picks for RG3. A GM also traded an entire draft for Ricky williams over Mcnabb. On and on and on.

How? The GM is aware of those numbers and never thought he was that good based on his ability to evaluate talent.

RG3 has tons of talent. Williams had plenty. Both were productive before injury/becoming a weirdo pothead.

How? The GM is aware of those numbers and never thought he was that good based on his ability to evaluate talent.

RG3 has tons of talent. Williams had plenty. Both were productive before injury/becoming a weirdo pothead.

“Absolutely not,” a long-time NFL team personnel executive said recently when asked if Owens deserved a spot in the Hall of Fame. Another prominent team executive echoed that, calling Owens a “figment.”

“I think he is so overblown statistics-wise, it’s unbelievable,” the first executive said. “If you play long enough, you’re going to have stats. He’s playing long enough and he’s got stats and now he has another gig, so there are more stats coming. But he’s no more a Hall of Famer than this bottle of water.

“I’m talking about the route runner. I’m talking about the hands. All that stuff, the wide receiver skills. I just don’t see it."

“I just don’t see the talent,” the first executive said. “I see a big guy, who in his heyday did damage when with other weapons. Damn right you better deal with him. But all the accolades of the ‘One-man band’ and ‘You can’t stop him,’ I never bought any of that. Just stay on him, do your job and eventually he’ll self-destruct. He’ll drop balls, lose concentration, run a [bad] route, leave the quarterback out to dry. Not in a verbal way, in route running. All those things are what he is. Add it all up and he’s not in the conversation.”

Not looking good for you guys. But I guess you know more than actual NFL scouts and executives. :roll:

Let's take a guess which teams front offices these guys who won't publicly put their names to this stupidity may have been from?

Dallas? San fran? Eagles? Ravens?

Any other front offices he humiliated?

Dumbest.

Troll.

Ever.

Would you say Wes Welker was one of the most talented receivers in the NFL?

How about Reggie Wayne?

Those teams would be the least likely since those front offices thought he was worth something.

Btw...do you post about anything other than TO? Get of his jock already damn. Almost every topic you post in pertains to Owens.

Oh and 1,078 receptions for 15,934 yards and 153 touchdowns.

Those teams would be the least likely since those front offices thought he was worth something.

Wrong as usual about everything.

Each of those teams parted ways with TO on very bad terms. Some in a court of law bad.

Cripes you're an idiot.

Dumbest.

Troll.

Ever.

And yet these guys never said anything about that. They kept it strictly to his play on the field. One would think if they were upset about the way he'd left the team, they would have said something about that. They wouldn't be talking about how they never believed he was that good, never saw the talent, talked about how his hands and routes aren't that good, etc. 

Besides, that's not even true. Jerry Jones still loves T.O. The 49ers cleaned house in the front office a couple years after Owens left.

Seriously, you should kill yourself for being such an utter dolt.

And yet these guys never said anything about that. They kept it strictly to his play on the field. One would think if they were upset about the way he'd left the team, they would have said something about that. They wouldn't be talking about how they never believed he was that good, never saw the talent, talked about how his hands and routes aren't that good, etc.

Besides, that's not even true. Jerry Jones still loves T.O. The 49ers cleaned house in the front office a couple years after Owens left.

You're really this stupid? Seriously?

It's called a "clickbait" article. It's easy to get a billion people to agree TO was one of histories most talented, but that doesn't pull in the morons like you. So you call the position coaches in every city he had issues, even if they retired and/or moved on, and get them to unload on the guy. Of course they remain nameless, because nobody wants their name on an opinion considered that stupid by all rational thought, but you get "clickbait" that brings in the idiots. Some are even moronic enough to cite these anonymous pieces as actually meaning or proving something(this is where you jumped in nancyboy).

Like football and life, you haven't the tiniest of clues how internet journalism works.

Dumbest.

Troll.

Ever.

You're really this stupid? Seriously?

It's called a "clickbait" article. It's easy to get a billion people to agree TO was one of histories most talented, but that doesn't pull in the morons like you. So you call the position coaches in every city he had issues, even if they retired and/or moved on, and get them to unload on the guy. Of course they remain nameless, because nobody wants their name on an opinion considered that stupid by all rational thought, but you get "clickbait" that brings in the idiots. Some are even moronic enough to cite these anonymous pieces as actually meaning or proving something(this is where you jumped in nancyboy).

Like football and life, you haven't the tiniest of clues how internet journalism works.

Dumbest.

Troll.

Ever.

You are so unbelievably obnoxious. My God. Do you even hear yourself?

In case you missed it, YOU are the one who is inventing some pure hypothetical which you can not possibly know to explain away multiple NFL executives saying they don't think Owens is that talented. There is no evidence whatsoever the people quoted were on any teams Owens ever played on. What if they weren't? What if this was actually Bill Polian and Ted Thompson?

Secondly, how ridiculous would you look if you were the one who BROUGHT THE GUY TO YOUR TEAM...and then you sat there and told a sports writer that you never thought the guy was talented or that good? I mean, just imagine Ozzie Newsome telling Jason Cole this...after having traded the 49ers a 2nd round pick for Owens and publicly talking about how they were going to show Owens so much love he wouldn't know what to do with himself.

Imagine the Eagles saying this with a straight face after he'd posted 1200 yards and 14 TDs and caught 9 passes for 122 yards in a Super Bowl for them his first year with the team, after they had traded for him and signed him to a 7 year $49 million contract.

They'd be making a fool of themselves, opening themselves up to the obvious question from the sports writer, "uh, so then why did you give up so much to get him if you never thought he was that good?"

And lastly, why would they "unload" on a player to a sports writer by criticizing only his play? What is their motivation to do that? What do they gain?

Absolutely, positively NOTHING. Like NFL General Managers/personnel guys are going to read a Jason Cole article, see an anonymous executive saying they don't think he was that talented, and go, "durrrr, you know what, I'm not signing that guy because he done said he ain't that talented or good, e-heh."

If they were going to unload on him for cathartic purposes because of "issues," wouldn't THAT be what they spoke about? You know, "he was the biggest a-hole I've ever met in my life and RUINED our team, blah blah blah. He's a huge cancer, etc. etc. etc."

Stop being such an idiot. It's getting old.

Edit: And by the way...POSITION COACHES? These quotes are from front office people, not position coaches. And Owens's position coaches all loved him. David Culley still has nothing but good things to say about him.

You are so unbelievably obnoxious. My God. Do you even hear yourself?

In case you missed it, YOU are the one who is inventing some pure hypothetical which you can not possibly know to explain away multiple NFL executives saying they don't think Owens is that talented. There is no evidence whatsoever the people quoted were on any teams Owens ever played on. What if they weren't? What if this was actually Bill Polian and Ted Thompson?

Secondly, how ridiculous would you look if you were the one who BROUGHT THE GUY TO YOUR TEAM...and then you sat there and told a sports writer that you never thought the guy was talented or that good? I mean, just imagine Ozzie Newsome telling Jason Cole this...after having traded the 49ers a 2nd round pick for Owens and publicly talking about how they were going to show Owens so much love he wouldn't know what to do with himself.

Imagine the Eagles saying this with a straight face after he'd posted 1200 yards and 14 TDs and caught 9 passes for 122 yards in a Super Bowl for them his first year with the team, after they had traded for him and signed him to a 7 year $49 million contract.

They'd be making a fool of themselves, opening themselves up to the obvious question from the sports writer, "uh, so then why did you give up so much to get him if you never thought he was that good?"

And lastly, why would they "unload" on a player to a sports writer by criticizing only his play? What is their motivation to do that? What do they gain?

Absolutely, positively NOTHING. Like NFL General Managers/personnel guys are going to read a Jason Cole article, see an anonymous executive saying they don't think he was that talented, and go, "durrrr, you know what, I'm not signing that guy because he done said he ain't that talented or good, e-heh."

If they were going to unload on him for cathartic purposes because of "issues," wouldn't THAT be what they spoke about? You know, "he was the biggest a-hole I've ever met in my life and RUINED our team, blah blah blah. He's a huge cancer, etc. etc. etc."

Stop being such an idiot. It's getting old.

Edit: And by the way...POSITION COACHES? These quotes are from front office people, not position coaches. And Owens's position coaches all loved him. David Culley still has nothing but good things to say about him.

T O beat up my daddy and did my mommy and made me watch.

Here's an option you're obviously too stupid to have considered- only use quotes where people are actually willing to stand by them and be named.

"Front office" can be anyone from a secretary to an accountant to by some standards, coaches and training staff. Think front office guys from the 9ers love the guy after the lawsuit? The ravens? The guys who wrote the infamous contract in philly?

Stop using anonymous sources. We know you aren't bright enough to know this, but they're worthless. Like your unsupported opinion TO didn't have talent.

Dumbest.

Troll.

Ever.

Secretaries, accountants, coaches, and training staff aren't "one general manager," "a long-time NFL team personnel executive," and "a prominent team executive." There's that reading comprehension thing we talked about earlier.

Again, what do they gain from telling a sports writer that they never thought Owens was that talented or good? What does that do for them? If they're angry at him for something as silly as undoing a trade they were never expecting to be able to do in the first place (because had his agent submitted the paperwork on time, he was going to be an unrestricted free agent), how is it cathartic to anonymously tell Jason Cole a bunch of bad things about his talent/ability? And if they're doing it to sabotage him, how does that work? Do you think NFL General Managers/personnel evaluators are going to go to Yahoo, see a Jason Cole article, see an anonymous executive saying he doesn't think Owens is that talented/good, and change his mind about signing him? You think that's how it works?

Jesus.

And it's ironic how you talk about not believing anonymous sources, when the only issue he ever had in Dallas was based on nothing but an anonymous source (in an article written by Ed Werder). That whole Romo/Witten thing that seemed to spell the end of his time in Dallas - Owens never uttered a word of that. It was said by an anonymous source that that was what Owens privately thought, and ESPN went to town.

My guess is you weren't dismissing that story at the time...because when it suits your agenda, it's just fine, right?

Let's see an example. He could get open deep by getting a great release at the line of scrimmage and shoving the corner aside to give him a huge head start, but I don't remember him really ever running past or away from someone. And as soon as he got into the open field and was being chased, he'd have to zig zag to try to keep defenders from chasing him down.