BillySims

Why do people consider Terrell Owens so "talented?"

Yeah, that's all. They just played it professionally. What a bunch of phonies. Not like they know the ins and outs of the game better than 95% of people because they lived it every day of their lives until their bodies no longer could handle it.

untill you provide proof as i have with everything i have said your opinion is false and all of ours is correct billy....

and btw i already mentioned i looked all over bing and google to try and find proof of the points you were arguing and the only one i found was Revis's comment and slouch means lazy and you already mentioned earlier in this post that TO wasnt lazy

and I do believe that and nfl analyst, writer, former player, back up players will have more credit when talking about a players talent than you ever will Billy you have already shown you know nothing about talent

simple fact of the matter is a player cant get to Owens caliber with out having talent and thats really all that needs to be said of this 1000000000 people vs 1 person argument

he is a 1st ballot hofamer. hands down. his first year in philly, he was the best wr in the game. caught how many deep balls that season, had speed, no cb in the league could jam him. good blocker, good size. he was unstoppable in 2004.

Yeah, that's all. They just played it professionally. What a bunch of phonies. Not like they know the ins and outs of the game better than 95% of people because they lived it every day of their lives until their bodies no longer could handle it.

What does knowing the ins and outs of the game have to do with talking about Terrell Owens's talent? These guys don't sit around watching Owens play and analyze what he does well and what he doesn't do well. They're not NFL scouts. They're on TV, and what they say goes through producers before they even say it on the air. All they do is watch whatever games they want that week and then make generalized comments on the air.

It would be like D Vermeil going, "yeah, Sean Payton is a great coach." What does Vermeil know about Payton's coaching and schemes? Nothing, probably. He's not putting the Saints on film and breaking down their offensive scheme.

What does knowing the ins and outs of the game have to do with talking about Terrell Owens's talent? These guys don't sit around watching Owens play and analyze what he does well and what he doesn't do well. They're not NFL scouts. They're on TV, and what they say goes through producers before they even say it on the air. All they do is watch whatever games they want that week and then make generalized comments on the air.

It would be like D Vermeil going, "yeah, Sean Payton is a great coach." What does Vermeil know about Payton's coaching and schemes? Nothing, probably. He's not putting the Saints on film and breaking down their offensive scheme.

seriously?

You are dumb!!!!

I'm not even sure why I'm jumping in here because reading through some of the more recent responses this thread has clearly devolved into a back-and-forth of the type I try to avoid on these boards. However, seeing that it's now being reported that Owens may actually land a contract with Seattle and discussions of how he looked are surfacing, it seems potentially pertinent to the original claims made here. He supposedly ran a 4.45 40 today, this at the age of 38. Seems kind of tough to make the argument that he had below average speed for a WR...

I'm not even sure why I'm jumping in here because reading through some of the more recent responses this thread has clearly devolved into a back-and-forth of the type I try to avoid on these boards. However, seeing that it's now being reported that Owens may actually land a contract with Seattle and discussions of how he looked are surfacing, it seems potentially pertinent to the original claims made here. He supposedly ran a 4.45 40 today, this at the age of 38. Seems kind of tough to make the argument that he had below average speed for a WR...

So I'm supposed to believe Owens ran more than 2 tenths of a second faster at 38, coming off 2 knee surgeries, than he did when he was 22 and healthy?

I don't know who was holding the stopwatch, but they messed up royally. Anyway, I'm glad to hear he has a chance to get back in the league. I doubt he'll make the squad, but it's nice to see him get that shot.

So I'm supposed to believe Owens ran more than 2 tenths of a second faster at 38, coming off 2 knee surgeries, than he did when he was 22 and healthy?

I don't know who was holding the stopwatch, but they messed up royally. Anyway, I'm glad to hear he has a chance to get back in the league. I doubt he'll make the squad, but it's nice to see him get that shot.

Why would the Seahawks lie to themselves about his 40 time? :lol:

He was good in 2010 in Cincy, Buffalo, and he is in game shape. He can score on the deep routes. He still has some mojo. Can't stand him but I would respect his performance any day.

Why would the Seahawks lie to themselves about his 40 time? :lol:

They're not lying, they just had some incompetent fool timing him. Hand times are a joke.

my posts are a joke.

you are an idiot it makes me :roll: :roll: :roll: at how stupid you are. its their job to time the players 40 so i bet they get almost right on the mark

oh and fixed

This thread is still going? It started out as a flaming dumpster. I can't imagine it's gotten better.

you are an idiot it makes me :roll: :roll: :roll: at how stupid you are. its their job to time the players 40 so i bet they get almost right on the mark

oh and fixed

Is that why pro day times tend to be about 2 tenths of a second faster than times at the combine, which are electronically clocked?

A 4.45 40 hand timed is likely a 4.65 electronic.

I fail horribly at posting I am not credible at all and all my posts should be ignored because I am a dumbarse

:whistle:

This thread is still going? It started out as a flaming dumpster. I can't imagine it's gotten better.

I was just thinking the same thing.

The thread title alone is hilarious and classic.

this thread qualifies for worst thread of the year hell probably worst of the decade.....most hilarious as well