Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmac+djaxallday

Question for out of state Eagle fans

If you're living out of state, how do you go about watching the games every Sunday? I'm a Verizon customer, and NFL Sunday ticket is not available. I would assume since most of us out of staters are diehards, we make every conceivable effort to watch every game. If you don't have Direct TV, how did you go about ensuring that the Eagles are broadcasted into your living room every Sunday? Thanks.

I hope and pray that one pops up on fox, which is rarely. I never miss a primetime game because they're the few games I get to watch. I had NFL Sunday Ticket for a year which was awesome, but I ended up switching providers because minus NST, Directv blows.

I don't get to watch every game. I used to when I was younger and didn't have kids/obligations on the weekend. If it's not on TV or I can't go to the sports bar I'll try to listen on the internet to a radio feed.

I"m in the DC market, yet they end up showing the Eagles here whenever it's not in direct competition with the skins. Between primetime and schedule differences, there are only usually 6 games NOT shown. I either go somewhere locally that is showing them - friend or bar, happen to be visiting family in PA, or I go phillyboy654's route.

That's what I've heard about Direct TV as well, but I'm wondering if watching 8+ more Eagles games than I normally do would be worth it.

If you've got a little extra money to spend, its definitely worth it. Flipping over to another game during tv breaks is really nice too. It's awesome, but once again, outside of football, Directv sucks a big one.

I usually watch every Sunday Night games on NBC, as they're typically the best matches of the week.

Occasionally I watch MNF, but quality has deteriorated lately. I watch every Eagles prime-time games, including the Minnesota Tuesday Night debacle.

Most times they'll be in the 4.15 national broadcast on FOX, so I watch those as well.

For the 1pm showings, you might be out of luck if you're not in Philly. I usually stream those online, but you have to put up with the quality and the occasional lag.

Doesn't NFL offer live-streaming on NFL.com? If you're willing to pay, then you can go that route.

If you've got a little extra money to spend, its definitely worth it. Flipping over to another game during tv breaks is really nice too. It's awesome, but once again, outside of football, Directv sucks a big one.

I've heard great reviews about NFL RedZone, which should be available on all service.

If you're out-of-state, this is great as you will get updated on EVERY scoring drive and maybe big plays as well.

Even if you're a die-hard, you might not always want to watch those 2-yard runs or 4-yard passes.

It keeps you updated on other games as well, which is always intriguing.

I've heard great reviews about NFL RedZone, which should be available on all service.

If you're out-of-state, this is great as you will get updated on EVERY scoring drive and maybe big plays as well.

Even if you're a die-hard, you might not always want to watch those 2-yard runs or 4-yard passes.

It keeps you updated on other games as well, which is always intriguing.

Yup redzone is cool too. They've got all the tickers and stats goin too. It sucks not watchin live, but its better than watchin a gamecast online haha

If you're living out of state, how do you go about watching the games every Sunday? I'm a Verizon customer, and NFL Sunday ticket is not available. I would assume since most of us out of staters are diehards, we make every conceivable effort to watch every game. If you don't have Direct TV, how did you go about ensuring that the Eagles are broadcasted into your living room every Sunday? Thanks.

You don't have to have DirecTV to get NFL Sunday Ticket. It's available to anyone that has a PS3. They haven't opened up the ability to order it yet for this year but they should within the next week or so.

Doesn't NFL offer live-streaming on NFL.com? If you're willing to pay, then you can go that route.

No, they don't. They offer replays of the games 24 hours after the games have been played.

We are lucky that the Eagles play so many prime time games! I've lived in MD 5 years and I'm usually able to watch at least half of them from home. For the rest, I've made the trek back to PA to watch them. Occaisionally I've gone out to a bar or restaurant. Last year I bought the NFL Replay package online but found that I rarely used it. I wish I could just get Sunday Ticket online without subscribing to DirectTV. One of these days I'm going to invest $200 or so in a high-powered antenna and mount it on my roof; I think I'm just close enough that I can reach Philly's signal over the air!