Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cmart102

Troy Aikman calls out cowboy fans

http://www.the700level.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/news/Cowboys-Fans-Are-Bandwagoners-Says-Cowbo?blockID=787617&feedID=8973

I don't think Dallas has ever really had a great home field advantage. What I've heard is that, 'Wow, they really lost home field advantage when they left Texas Stadium.' Texas Stadium really wasn't that different. Having played playoff games in Texas Stadium, that stadium was rocking, it was great. ... But when we would play in Philadelphia, New York and walk out of the tunnel, I would have to be yelling at the top of my lungs for guys to hear me. And you get on the plane for the flight home and your head would be pounding, you wouldn't have a voice, and that's just the way that it was. There was no way you could go down there near the goal line and use hard count in an opposing stadium. And yet in Texas Stadium, teams did it all the time."

"I think for a large part – and the fans don't want to hear this – a lot of the people that attend sports in this town, they're there because it's kind of just a place to be seen. I didn't know anybody who went to Rangers games, and then when they started winning and going to World Series, everybody's wearing Rangers hats and saying, 'Oh yeah, I'm a big Rangers fan.' I've always said Dallas isn't so much a sports town as it is a winner's town."

Hated Troy when he played for Dallas....but he's been a pretty unbiased commentator since he got in a booth.

Yea I like Troy in the booth as well. I can already see this turning into a "whose fans are better" debate so lets just settle it now. Every team has die hard fans and every team has fans who go to the game just to enjoy going to a game. The linc Is a Fin cupcake compared to the vet though.

At least we can all agree that Dallas sucks!

Yea I like Troy in the booth as well. I can already see this turning into a "whose fans are better" debate so lets just settle it now. Every team has die hard fans and every team has fans who go to the game just to enjoy going to a game. The linc Is a Fin cupcake compared to the vet though.

Totally agree.

Troy isn't saying anything new. If you watch NFLN they always make little comments about the Stadium having virtually no home field advantage. It's going to end up being Jerruh's biggest football failure.

As for commentating I like Aikman. I completely hate Joe Buck. Every time he opens his mouth I cringe.

Troy isn't saying anything new. If you watch NFLN they always make little comments about the Stadium having virtually no home field advantage. It's going to end up being Jerruh's biggest football failure.

As for commentating I like Aikman. I completely hate Joe Buck. Every time he opens his mouth I cringe.

it's not the stadium, it's the fans, it was the same way in Texas stadium.

Troy knows how to choose his words carefully, but in the end, the message is loud and clear: relatively speaking, the atmosphere at Cowboys' home games is all about flash in the stands, not support on the field.

it's not the stadium, it's the fans, it was the same way in Texas stadium.

he created a Vegas atmosphere where the game is expensive and second to the Cowboy stadium experience

http://www.the700lev...617&feedID=8973

I don't think Dallas has ever really had a great home field advantage. What I've heard is that, 'Wow, they really lost home field advantage when they left Texas Stadium.' Texas Stadium really wasn't that different. Having played playoff games in Texas Stadium, that stadium was rocking, it was great. ... But when we would play in Philadelphia, New York and walk out of the tunnel, I would have to be yelling at the top of my lungs for guys to hear me.

You can tell he played pre-linc.

This guy got sacked 11 times in a game by The Eagles his rookie season, then went on to win 3 SBs...

he knows what he's talking about.

Those fans sucks! They only get loud for 1 game a year, or 1 game every other year. I can think of the Packers in 2007, I think. Well, that's actually the last time I remember thinking, "Wow, the stadium is pretty loud!"

Sad.