Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gmen4ever

The NFC East

Who wins the NFCE?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which team hangs on?

Last night's game was just one of those snowball effect deals and was no more telling/representative than how bad/suspect they looked in their previous 4.

- Coming off their bye at home

- the Pack missing 3 of thier best defensive starters (Matthews, Woodson, Shields)

- 4 of 5 jersey TD "drives" coming off short field TOs, a missed 55 yd FG and a 35 yd punt to midfield

:nonono:

Let me ask you this: Had the Giants gotten rolled last night, would you not be on here reinforcing your beliefs that they were destined for 8-8 and out of the playoffs? I'd think the answer to this is YES. Don't hate that the Giants are going to the playoffs and the E's are on the verge of being irrevelant for a minimum of 2 years, it makes you look like the jealous F you are...

All that aside, the game was still great if you're a Giants fan and sucky if you're a Pack fan...or jealous Eagles fan.

Regarding your laundry list of sour grape comments, while they may be true, last nights games proves that something about the Giants scheme brings out the worst in the Pack.

It also proves that the Giants have another gear, a "playoff gear" if you will.

That's all that matters.

Please, it doesn't "prove" ish, where was "other gear" the previous 2 weeks or that "playoff gear" the 3 seasons they went 1 and done, or failed to even make it in 09' or 10'.

You guys place entirely too much stock in last season's improbably run while completely disregarding those other 5 seasons. :nonono:

Agreed. A Skins win makes the final stretch very very interesting.

For the 1st time since maybe 1992, a late season Giant/Redskin game has major playoff implictions..it feels weird..but, it should become the norm over the next few years..

Please, it doesn't "prove" ish, where was "other gear" the previous 2 weeks or that "playoff gear" the 3 seasons they went 1 and done, or failed to even make it in 09' or 10'.

You guys place entirely too much stock in last season's improbably run while completely disregarding those other 5 seasons. :nonono:

:roll:

Agreed. A Skins win makes the final stretch very very interesting.

Thats what im hoping for! Finally some meaningful december games for the skins. They could be .500 with a 3-1 division record.

Let me ask you this: Had the Giants gotten rolled last night, would you not be on here reinforcing your beliefs that they were destined for 8-8 and out of the playoffs? I'd think the answer to this is YES. Don't hate that the Giants are going to the playoffs and the E's are on the verge of being irrevelant for a minimum of 2 years, it makes you look like the jealous F you are...

Jersey could still very easily go 8 - 8, although the way the NFCE is shaping up that may still be good enough to win the division.

Not you, i, or anyone else here knows what the Eagles are going to be next season until we see what they do with the coaching staff and roster, so keep telling yourself not only that they'll be irrelevant (I'm assuming that's what you meant) and for how long.

Nope. We think that 2 SBs in 5 seasons means this team deserves the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure fans of other winning organizations (Pitt, NE, etc) feel the same way. Even after a few losses. You should go hang with some bitter Browns fans.

Jersey could still very easily go 8 - 8, although the way the NFCE is shaping up that may still be good enough to win the division.

Not you, i, or anyone else here knows what the Eagles are going to be next season until we see what they do with the coaching staff and roster, so keep telling yourself not only that they'll be irrelevant (I'm assuming that's what you meant) and for how long.

They'll nut up and beat Washington. They should beat the E's in Week 17 unless the gutless players on the roster decide to send Andy off with a decent effort..That's 9..What will the Saints be like in 2 weeks should they lose in Atlanta Thursday? Will they have anything left? I'd also believe they can beat both the Ravens and Falcons if push came to shove. I'll guess at this point they win one of those..Is 11 possible? Yeah, but 10 looks like the number.

Nope. We think that 2 SBs in 5 seasons means this team deserves the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure fans of other winning organizations (Pitt, NE, etc) feel the same way. Even after a few losses. You should go hang with some bitter Browns fans.

At least they have a future...

The benefit of what doubt? Stop pretending every time a playoff berth is on the line or they get into the playoffs the get the job done, because the undeniable fact is they've failed more than twice as often as they've succeeded under the current regime.

And why in GOD's name would I hang with Brown's fans? :wacko:

I'm an Eagles fan, hence the reason I come to the Eagles MB, you on the other hand seem to be the one who has taken a completely wrong turn.

The benefit of what doubt? Stop pretending every time a playoff berth is on the line or they get into the playoffs the get the job done, because the undeniable fact is they've failed more than twice as often as they've succeeded under the current regime.

And why in GOD's name would I hang with Brown's fans? :wacko:

I'm an Eagles fan, hence the reason I come to the Eagles MB, you on the other hand seem to be the one who has taken a completely wrong turn.

So in 8 complete seasons, they've failed to win a Super Bowl 6 times....ok..gottcha

So in 8 complete seasons, they've failed to win a Super Bowl 6 times....ok..gottcha

No, they failed to even make the playoffs 3 times and went 1 and done 3 times, so they "failed" to even sniff a SB in 6 of 8 seasons.

No, they failed to even make the playoffs 3 times and went 1 and done 3 times, so they "failed" to even sniff a SB in 6 of 8 seasons.

ok..so again, they FAILED to win a Super Bowl in 6 of 8 seasons...do you know how ridiculous you sound right now?

This is a sad day. Mighty is officially out of ammo. I hope someone new joins soon and jump starts this section the way the old guy did 2 seasons ago.

You had a great run bud!

ok..so again, they FAILED to win a Super Bowl in 6 of 8 seasons...do you know how ridiculous you sound right now?

:unsure:

In the context that "they have another/playoff gear", not at all because that supposed "gear" has failed them far more often then it's kicked in for them.

Try to keep up with the conversation and maybe you'll have a freakin clue rich. :nonono:

This is a sad day. Mighty is officially out of ammo.

The only ammo I need is an accurate assessment of what transpired last night.

However I am looking forward to the BS excuse train getting cranked back up big time over the next several weeks and possibly into the post season when their "other/playoff gear" doesn't show up again. :thumbsup:

This is a sad day. Mighty is officially out of ammo.

I think he just realized the E's are no closer to a SB today than the day of Reid's introductory PC (or at anytime in the last 5 decades since they were last champs)

The only ammo I need is an accurate assessment of what transpired last night.

However I am looking forward to the BS excuse train getting cranked back up big time over the next several weeks and possibly into the post season when their "other/playoff gear" doesn't show up again. :thumbsup:

What's going to be funnier TV tonight: Mike and Molly/2 Broke Girls or the "football" on display at the Linc on MNF?

What's going to be funnier TV tonight: Mike and Molly/2 Broke Girls or the "football" on display at the Linc on MNF?

For a variety of reasons the Eagles are playing poorly this year and there's no denying that, howver to act like the team is devoid of talent and has not shot to turning things around as soon as next season simply demonstartes your total lack of football acumen.

For a variety of reasons the Eagles are playing poorly this year and there's no denying that, howver to act like the team is devoid of talent and has not shot to turning things around as soon as next season simply demonstartes your total lack of football acumen.

Again, you better pray Foles is the answer at QB..I have my doubts, but that's just me...do I think the E's are close to being a good team again? Honestly, No I don't.

Get used to seeing Washington and NY at the top of the standings and Dallas and Philly at the bottom..it may be like that for the next 5 years

Again, you better pray Foles is the answer at QB..I have my doubts, but that's just me...do I think the E's are close to being a good team again? Honestly, No I don't.

Get used to seeing Washington and NY at the top of the standings and Dallas and Philly at the bottom..it may be like that for the next 5 years

Why do I need to pray Foles is the answer, (although I believe he has the requisite skills to be successful), it's not like he would be the only option avaiable via the draft, FA or a trade.

It all starts and ends in the trenches ace, and the OL (our biggest problem) will be infinitely better simply by virture of getting the missing starters back, and I'm pretty sure the new regime is going to scrap the wide-9 as well.

Why do I need to pray Foles is the answer, (although I believe he has the requisite skills to be successful), it's not like he would be the only option avaiable via the draft, FA or a trade.

It all starts and ends in the trenches ace, and the OL (our biggest problem) will be infinitely better simply by virture of getting the missing starters back, and I'm pretty sure the new regime is going to scrap the wide-9 as well.

In today's NFL: NO QB, no chance...if Foles is the guy, well then good for you-Andy may have finally out-smarted everyone this time...if he's not, see you in 2017...

In today's NFL: NO QB, no chance...if Foles is the guy, well then good for you-Andy may have finally out-smarted everyone this time...if he's not, see you in 2017...

2017? Are you F'in stoned or what???

Oh' that's right, according to you any QB drafted after the first round has no chance of succeeding and you've obviously already determined that he sucks after 1 career start behing arguably the worst OL in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Go look up Corky's stats from his rookie season (and he played in 9 - 10 games), he flat out stunk and was the 1st pick in the draft.

Idiot. :nonono:

2017? Are you F'in stoned or what???

Oh' that's right, according to you any QB drafted after the first round has no chance of succeeding and you've obviously already determined that he sucks after 1 career start behing arguably the worst OL in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Go look up Corky's stats from his rookie season (and he played in 9 - 10 games), he flat out stunk and was the 1st pick in the draft.

Idiot. :nonono:

you might be 60 the next time the E's play in a playoff game...

I'm out...

The one thing I'll miss most about the late Reid era is that he could probably march me out as QB and the Eagles would still beat the Giants. Hopefully the new coach will continue this tradition of complete annihilation. It's really been a pleasure to watch.