Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gmen4ever

The NFC East

Who wins the NFCE?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which team hangs on?

Last night's game was just one of those snowball effect deals and was no more telling/representative than how bad/suspect they looked in their previous 4.

- Coming off their bye at home

- the Pack missing 3 of thier best defensive starters (Matthews, Woodson, Shields)

- 4 of 5 jersey TD "drives" coming off short field TOs, a missed 55 yd FG and a 35 yd punt to midfield

:nonono:

There he is, folks. The bitter, mind-numbing F with his honey-do list of excuses as to why the Packers didn't beat the Giants

You get funnier by the day, kicktoy :roll: :roll:

Jersey could still very easily go 8 - 8, although the way the NFCE is shaping up that may still be good enough to win the division.

Not you, i, or anyone else here knows what the Eagles are going to be next season until we see what they do with the coaching staff and roster, so keep telling yourself not only that they'll be irrelevant (I'm assuming that's what you meant) and for how long.

And yet, you do that exact thing each and every year when talking about the Giants, and well before the season starts

You can pontificate and assume with 100% certainty, but watch out if someone else does it regarding the Eagles, right? You gutless loser :roll:

The one thing I'll miss most about the late Reid era is that he could probably march me out as QB and the Eagles would still beat the Giants. Hopefully the new coach will continue this tradition of complete annihilation. It's really been a pleasure to watch.

You might be right, he's done it with McNabb, Garcia, Vick and Vince freaking Young, and hopefully Foles will get his turn week 17.

No, they failed to even make the playoffs 3 times and went 1 and done 3 times, so they "failed" to even sniff a SB in 6 of 8 seasons.

The Eagles have failed to sniff a SB 50 times in 52 years, and lost the only two they were in

I'll take 2 out of 8 all day long with those odds

The only ammo I need is an accurate assessment of what transpired last night.

However I am looking forward to the BS excuse train getting cranked back up big time over the next several weeks and possibly into the post season when their "other/playoff gear" doesn't show up again. :thumbsup:

As if you'll be around in the next few weeks... :roll:

The one thing I'll miss most about the late Reid era is that he could probably march me out as QB and the Eagles would still beat the Giants. Hopefully the new coach will continue this tradition of complete annihilation. It's really been a pleasure to watch.

Andy's record against the Giants is 17-13. That's pretty good, but hardly a complete annihilation. But hey, what else do you guys have to brag about. :-(

Source (posted because I actually thought he had a better record against NY given the current streak):

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Eagles-Notebook-Win-Over-Giants-/870916df-ac70-469c-bbfc-0debc1723107

Andy's record against the Giants is 17-13. That's pretty good, but hardly a complete annihilation. But hey, what else do you guys have to brag about. :-(

Source (posted because I actually thought he had a better record against NY given the current streak):

http://www.philadelp...fc-0debc1723107

That's because you're including the 0 - 4 in 99 & '00' when he was just putting the team togther, since 2001 he's 17 - 8, against the Coughlin/Corky combo he's 12 - 7 overall including 3 - 0 in the playoffs and the current streak.

That's because you're including the 0 - 4 in 99 & '00' when he was just putting the team togther, since 2001 he's 17 - 8, against the Coughlin/Corky combo he's 12 - 7 overall including 3 - 0 in the playoffs and the current streak.

The guy said "Reid Era" so I posed the numbers from that time. I didn't realize I had to exclude down years for Philly but include them for NY. If it helps you sleep at night we'll use your customized date range.

Congrats Reid! During certain years of your tenure the Eagles were able to beat the Giants. Job well done!

Happy?

The guy said "Reid Era" so I posed the numbers from that time. I didn't realize I had to exclude down years for Philly but include them for NY. If it helps you sleep at night we'll use your customized date range.

Congrats Reid! During certain years of your tenure the Eagles were able to beat the Giants. Job well done!

Happy?

I know why you posted his overall record buttmunch, I was responding to your statement that "you actually thought he had a better overall record" and providing the reason why you would have that perception.

I know why you posted his overall record buttmunch, I was responding to your statement that "you actually thought he had a better overall record" and providing the reason why you would have that perception.

Alrighty there Beavis.

BTW, Reid is 2-0 against the Giants in the playoffs in the Eli era and 2-1 overall. Not 3-0.

That's because you're including the 0 - 4 in 99 & '00' when he was just putting the team togther

Whoa, whoa, wait a sec. The 0-4 numbers dont count because Reid was just starting out and was "putting the team together"? Is that what you're saying? He gets a pass, right?

So you can get away with saying that, but earlier, you dropped this one:

Go look up Corky's stats from his rookie season (and he played in 9 - 10 games), he flat out stunk and was the 1st pick in the draft.

Idiot. :nonono:

A rookie QB doesn't get that same pass? No room for error because he was the 1st overall pick who needed time to get acclimated to the speed of the NFL? Of course he doesn't. He's a Giant, and you're a gutless Fing hypocrite :rolleyes:

Ohhh 1 minor injury and the Giants fan cries. The Bears had 6 injuries yesterday so who cares.

Brown broke his leg you horsecock gobbling moron.

Please, it doesn't "prove" ish, where was "other gear" the previous 2 weeks or that "playoff gear" the 3 seasons they went 1 and done, or failed to even make it in 09' or 10'.

You guys place entirely too much stock in last season's improbably run while completely disregarding those other 5 seasons. :nonono:

Does winning 2 of the last 5 super bowls and beating GB and SF in the same season prove anything?

The benefit of what doubt? Stop pretending every time a playoff berth is on the line or they get into the playoffs the get the job done, because the undeniable fact is they've failed more than twice as often as they've succeeded under the current regime.

And why in GOD's name would I hang with Brown's fans? :wacko:

I'm an Eagles fan, hence the reason I come to the Eagles MB, you on the other hand seem to be the one who has taken a completely wrong turn.

Beats failing every single year since the merger.

ok..so again, they FAILED to win a Super Bowl in 6 of 8 seasons...do you know how ridiculous you sound right now?

Yeah Rich our team only won 2 super bowls in the last 8 years? Isn't that awful for us? :nonono:

Ohhh 1 minor injury and the Giants fan cries. The Bears had 6 injuries yesterday so who cares.

You, of all people, should never accuse someone else of crying

The Giants win a game and you become so unglued, and sound so insanely retarded, that the last thing we need from you is a critique of how we should react

If I could predict the future, the Powerball would have never reached $425 mil :D

I know....just giving you some grief.

Mighty--Isn't it time for you to go back into hibernation again?

If Foles is "the guy" going forward, the E's are in major trouble..They also absolutely suck on defense..the next time I hear someone compare Allen and Coleman to KP and Rolle, I'll reference them to re-watch last night...they flat out blow...Allen isn't in the same league as Kenny Phillips...Please bring back DRC and Nnamdi..I think Chris Carter could beat them in press coverage today..Cole and Babin are toast and other than an over-rated Ryans, you have nothing of mention at LB and that includes Kendricks..What I find funny further is assuming Peters comes back and doesn't miss a beat of his Achilles injury..but, God forbid, if that were a NYG OL, he'd be a major question mark...The E's are a mess and I am writing them off for 2013 right now...

I know....just giving you some grief.

Mighty--Isn't it time for you to go back into hibernation again?

I think he's waiting until the E's lose their 9th game, clinching the losing season

Rich--I agree with everything except for the LBs. I like them, personally.

OK. Fair point..We prob need to give kendricks and ryans a shot under a new DC before we fairly evaluate them..

If Foles is "the guy" going forward, the E's are in major trouble..They also absolutely suck on defense..the next time I hear someone compare Allen and Coleman to KP and Rolle, I'll reference them to re-watch last night...they flat out blow...Allen isn't in the same league as Kenny Phillips...Please bring back DRC and Nnamdi..I think Chris Carter could beat them in press coverage today..Cole and Babin are toast and other than an over-rated Ryans, you have nothing of mention at LB and that includes Kendricks..What I find funny further is assuming Peters comes back and doesn't miss a beat of his Achilles injury..but, God forbid, if that were a NYG OL, he'd be a major question mark...The E's are a mess and I am writing them off for 2013 right now...

What are you basing that one, his first 2 games and change in his rookie season? :wacko:

Fole's 1st 3 career game action = 59.6%, 542 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

Corky's = 38.8%, 376 yds, 1 TD 4 INT

- Coleman can be effective in certain packages as an in-the-box safety but is a major liability in coverage (same as Rolle) and Allen can run and has ability, he just needs play the FS position and the new regime needs to bring in a legit SS.

-Babin is a w9 product (which I fully expect the new regime with a proven DC to scrap) and will probably be gone anyway, but even so he still has only 1 less sack than the "all-world" JPP (who appears to only be capable of putting up OK at best #'s as a starting RDE and has clearly been surpassed by both Smith and Watt as the best young DE's in the game) and if Cole is "toast" then Tuck (playing the far less demanding LDE) is road kill and you have no young talent at DE waiting in the wings to take his and Osi's place.

-If you think Kendricks isn't a player with a very bright future then you know even less about pro ball than I imagined and that wasn't much to begin with.

-Petters has been running and doing agility drills for several weeks already and will be 17 months removed from his injury at the start of next season (there's just no reason rush him back this year), and even if he's not quite the player he once was he's still far superior to any OL on jersey's roster.

If I'm running the Bird's I don't concern myself with W/Ls the rest of the way, let the rookies (Foles, Kendricks, Boykin, Curry, Brown, ect) get as much valuable game experience as possible, bring in a new coaching staff with a proven commodity at DC, make RT (I move Herremans back to LG), SS, WLB the priority acquisitions (and considering the amount of Cap they'll have availabe and drafting top 5 or better in every round that shouldn't be a problem) and build the offense around what should be a monster rushing attack with Shady and Brown.

What are you basing that one, his first 2 games and change in his rookie season? :wacko:

Fole's 1st 3 career game action = 59.6%, 542 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

Corky's = 38.8%, 376 yds, 1 TD 4 INT

- Coleman can be effective in certain packages as an in-the-box safety but is a major liability in coverage (same as Rolle) and Allen can run and has ability, he just needs play the FS position and the new regime needs to bring in a legit SS.

-Babin is a w9 product (which I fully expect the new regime with a proven DC to scrap) and will probably be gone anyway, but even so he still has only 1 less sack than the "all-world" JPP (who appears to only be capable of putting up OK at best #'s as a starting RDE and has clearly been surpassed by both Smith and Watt as the best young DE's in the game) and if Cole is "toast" then Tuck (playing the far less demanding LDE) is road kill and you have no young talent at DE waiting in the wings to take his and Osi's place.

-If you think Kendricks isn't a player with a very bright future then you know even less about pro ball than I imagined and that wasn't much to begin with.

-Petters has been running and doing agility drills for several weeks already and will be 17 months removed from his injury at the start of next season (there's just no reason rush him back this year), and even if he's not quite the player he once was he's still far superior to any OL on jersey's roster.

If I'm running the Bird's I don't concern myself with W/Ls the rest of the way, let the rookies (Foles, Kendricks, Boykin, Curry, Brown, ect) get as much valuable game experience as possible, bring in a new coaching staff with a proven commodity at DC, make RT (I move Herremans back to LG), SS, WLB the priority acquisitions (and considering the amount of Cap they'll have availabe and drafting top 5 or better in every round that shouldn't be a problem) and build the offense around what should be a monster rushing attack with Shady and Brown.

Comparing the #'s of Foles and Eli is stupid. Manning has more talent than Foles. IF he sticks, he's not a difference maker at the position. Rolle hasn't been the liability in coverage this year because the NYG secondary has better players now. He plays closer to the LOS. Also, you'd have no idea Cobb played the other night..AR shut him down. The last thing I worry about is the NYG finding DE talent. You can be sure they'll draft DE early next April. With the accountant running your draft, I expect another mediocre at best draft for the E's, much like the last few years, even if drafting in the top 5...Here's some advise: get used to finishing last in the NFC East..it may be a while before you're relevant in the NFC landscape again...

Comparing the #'s of Foles and Eli is stupid. Manning has more talent than Foles. IF he sticks, he's not a difference maker at the position. Rolle hasn't been the liability in coverage this year because the NYG secondary has better players now. He plays closer to the LOS. Also, you'd have no idea Cobb played the other night..AR shut him down. The last thing I worry about is the NYG finding DE talent. You can be sure they'll draft DE early next April. With the accountant running your draft, I expect another mediocre at best draft for the E's, much like the last few years, even if drafting in the top 5...Here's some advise: get used to finishing last in the NFC East..it may be a while before you're relevant in the NFC landscape again...

And you know that how? Did Corky look like a "difference maker" his rookie year, that would be a no because basically he flat out stunk.

So the verdict is already in on our past draft and you've decided that Watkins, Curry, Kendricks, Foles, Boykin and Brown (who looks like twice the RB jersey wasted their 1st on after the panicked when Martin was grabbed up in front of them) all can't play?

And Rolle is and always has been a liability in coverage (and don't even get me started on Webster) and is jersey really going to pay those 2 the over 18M combined they're on the Cap hook for next year, boy I hope so. :thumbsup:

And you know that how? Did Corky look like a "difference maker" his rookie year, that would be a no because basically he flat out stunk.

So the verdict is already in on our past draft and you've decided that Watkins, Curry, Kendricks, Foles, Boykin and Brown (who looks like twice the RB jersey wasted their 1st on after the panicked when Martin was grabbed up in front of them) all can't play?

And Rolle is and always has been a liability in coverage (and don't even get me started on Webster) and is jersey really going to pay those 2 the over 18M combined they're on the Cap hook for next year, boy I hope so. :thumbsup:

Manning was a difference maker for years in the SEC..Foles toiled in the PAC 10 (12) where nobody plays any defense...What GM is choosing Foles now over Eli in 2004? Answer: Roseman...that's all

And Wilson was their pick all along..there was no panic...I know you LOVE to believe other guys constantly "steal" their true targets, but the guy who runs the website big blue interactive received an email from one of his sources in the NYG FO at 2 PM on draft day that it was going to be Wilson all along..he posted the email in on the website the day after the draft...

I think he's waiting until the E's lose their 9th game, clinching the losing season

:lol: How is Kenny Phillips doing anyways? Is he fully recovered from that knee injury McCoy gave him?

:lol: How is Kenny Phillips doing anyways? Is he fully recovered from that knee injury McCoy gave him?

Was back Sunday night..it was no coincidence the D looked much better with him back there to cover for any mistakes..Fewell calls plays more aggresively with KP back..he was too scared w/out him...