Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gmen4ever

The NFC East

Who wins the NFCE?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which team hangs on?

MIghtys argument in a nut shell -

Jersey sucks and theyre lucky.

Yet -

The Birds are in the basement and are cutting/firing everyone in sight and its not even December yet.

He'd give up his dentures to swap the last 5 years. He'd even take 'Corky' as his QB :roll:

MIghtys argument in a nut shell -

Jersey sucks and theyre lucky.

Yet -

The Birds are in the basement and are cutting/firing everyone in sight and its not even December yet.

He'd give up his dentures to swap the last 5 years. He'd even take 'Corky' as his QB :roll:

This...

End thread

If the Redskins win on Monday then it will come down to Eagles-Giants and Cowboys-Redskins in week 17.

What a bizarre set of teams that Eli has led.

They are bad and lucky in the regular season and then dominant in the playoffs. ('07 and '11)

-yes, the '07 team was bad also (8.6 Pythagorean, -9 turnovers)

They can't be beat then they can't win ('08)

- 11-1 start with a 1-4 finish.

They make the playoffs at 8-8 ('06) and miss the playoffs at 10-6 ('10)

They have qualified for the postseason at 8,9,10,11 and 12 wins.

-the 11 and 12 win teams got humiliated.

-the 9 win and the 10 win teams win the Super Bowl

They are 48-16 in the first 8 games of the season and 27-32 in the last 8 games.

-Then they kick it back up to 8-3 in the playoffs.

They either lose the first playoff game to Philly ('06, '08) or they win it all ('07, '11)

Eli has 146 picks in his other 133 starts but only 2 in his 8 career defining games (both SB runs)

If the Redskins win on Monday then it will come down to Eagles-Giants and Cowboys-Redskins in week 17.

They are bad and lucky in the regular season and then dominant in the playoffs. ('07 and '11)

They are 48-16 in the first 8 games of the season and 27-32 in the last 8 games.

They either lose the first playoff game to Philly ('06, '08) or they win it all ('07, '11)

Eli has 146 picks in his other 133 starts but only 2 in his 8 career defining games (both SB runs)

3-8

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Go back into hiding now

3-8

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Go back into hiding now

That post wasn't even intended to bash the Giants. It was just a collection of interesting notes about them.

RG3 is going to look like a rookie. He's played against horrible defense lately. Granted I hate both teams, I'd say Giants win big time and RG3 fans come back to earth

RG3 is going to look like a rookie. He's played against horrible defense lately. Granted I hate both teams, I'd say Giants win big time and RG3 fans come back to earth

Your keyboard to God's "ears"

It's OK..it's almost over, Les..one more month...

just now..

Yes, it sure is almost over. Looks like you're gonna be joining us very soon.

Hey, are you guys still going 11-5?

What abberation of historical proportions happened last year for the Giants to win the East? Was it the E's only went 8-8? If that's the abberration, than yeah you're right..the E's over-achieved last year to just get to 8-8 based on how they are in 2012..Reid should have been coach of the year in 2011....Good luck with the rebuild..hopefully you stay alive until the E's are relevant again!

:roll:

I can take that...................from a fan who's team massively OVER-ACHEIVED in 2011.

That post wasn't even intended to bash the Giants. It was just a collection of interesting notes about them.

It reveals character (or lack thereof) when someone replies to insight and analysis with flinging monkey poo.

It reveals character (or lack thereof) when someone replies to insight and analysis with flinging monkey poo.

Yes, because we all know that you NEVER engage in such things, right?

3-9

Go hide some more, Mary, and say hello tp pick-ups under that cozy little rock you guys share

Skins will sneek out a NFC East title, it's gonna happen people

Hey, no ,wait. hell no let's not do that.

Hey, no ,wait. hell no let's not do that.

IMO they are the only team in the Div that does'nt have problems or a meltdown so far

IMO they are the only team in the Div that does'nt have problems or a meltdown so far

Won't be long, we'll see.

Skins will sneek out a NFC East title, it's gonna happen people

I can easily see the Redskins losing 3 of their last 4 games. At the same time I could see the Gnats going on a run again this year.

Oh, and I voted for the Eagles... just because...

Yes, because we all know that you NEVER engage in such things, right?

3-9

Go hide some more, Mary, and say hello tp pick-ups under that cozy little rock you guys share

The old female name as an insult because you believe them to be inferior in some way.

Monkey Poo Round 2 (we are all really impressed)

I engage in discussion and I include my opinion. I will bark back on occasion but you are nothing but bark.

Again, you better pray Foles is the answer at QB..I have my doubts, but that's just me...do I think the E's are close to being a good team again? Honestly, No I don't.

Get used to seeing Washington and NY at the top of the standings and Dallas and Philly at the bottom..it may be like that for the next 5 years

Like many Eagle fans didn't think Eli was the answer for your Giants in his first couple of seasons. Not just couple of games. We see how wrong that turned out to be. Hopefully you Giant fans will be just as wrongabout Foles. Actually Nick reminds me a lot of Eli.

Foles has shown growth from game to game. He is already doing many things that many first yr QB's don't ever do, or take a long time in learning to do. Change the play, reset the line, pick up blitzes. Has command of the huddle, and by his demeaner and the acknowledgement of his team mates is a natural born leader. These are all intrigle parts of any QB having success. It's not all just about TD's and INT's, Braun vs Brain...you have to have equal parts of both to have sucess in the NFL. Foles appears to have both.

I don't think it will take as many seasons for this organization to get a winning team back on the field. They have a very strong nucleous of talent and they are all still very young. The up comming draft can only add more young talent to the crop already assembled. Injuries and bone headed decisions by Reid and Mornhenwig have been the real story of why this team has gone from a top contender to what it has suddently become over the last two seasons.

If the next coaching staff are committed to a balanced attack we should be right back in it within another season or two, at the most.

We have two ( potentially 4) with Lewis, Polk,McCoy and Brown, RB's. That can keep defenses on their toes for years to come.

Nick appears to have mastered this offensive scheme. If the new coaches don't alter that too drastically ,I see no reason he can't continue to grow and have success. Just because he wasn't a 1st rd pick doesn't mean the kid can't become a franchise QB. He has the smarts and the ability to turn into a very good QB. He just needs to keep gaining confidence and experience.

Like many Eagle fans didn't think Eli was the answer for your Giants in his first couple of seasons. Not just couple of games. We see how wrong that turned out to be. Hopefully you Giant fans will be just as wrongabout Foles. Actually Nick reminds me a lot of Eli.

Foles has shown growth from game to game. He is already doing many things that many first yr QB's don't ever do, or take a long time in learning to do. Change the play, reset the line, pick up blitzes. Has command of the huddle, and by his demeaner and the acknowledgement of his team mates is a natural born leader. These are all intrigle parts of any QB having success. It's not all just about TD's and INT's, Braun vs Brain...you have to have equal parts of both to have sucess in the NFL. Foles appears to have both.

I don't think it will take as many seasons for this organization to get a winning team back on the field. They have a very strong nucleous of talent and they are all still very young. The up comming draft can only add more young talent to the crop already assembled. Injuries and bone headed decisions by Reid and Mornhenwig have been the real story of why this team has gone from a top contender to what it has suddently become over the last two seasons.

If the next coaching staff are committed to a balanced attack we should be right back in it within another season or two, at the most.

We have two ( potentially 4) with Lewis, Polk,McCoy and Brown, RB's. That can keep defenses on their toes for years to come.

Nick appears to have mastered this offensive scheme. If the new coaches don't alter that too drastically ,I see no reason he can't continue to grow and have success. Just because he wasn't a 1st rd pick doesn't mean the kid can't become a franchise QB. He has the smarts and the ability to turn into a very good QB. He just needs to keep gaining confidence and experience.

My laugh for the day.

This entire division sucks ... the fact that the Eagles are still mathematically alive for the playoffs at 3-9 says it all.

And the damn thing just got taken up yet another notch today with all 4 teams winning. It really is coming down to week 17. My guess is 9-7 takes it

things are getting interesting. We have the Giants at 8-5, the Cowboys and Redskins at 7-6 each. I just voted today for the Giants, though you have to respect the other two team at this point. The Cowboys and Skins are each 4-1 in their last 5 games while the Giants are 2-3 in their last 5. I still like the Giants chances best, but you just never know.

And the damn thing just got taken up yet another notch today with all 4 teams winning. It really is coming down to week 17. My guess is 9-7 takes it

Could happen. I still think a team wins 10.