Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] In Big Picture, It's All About QB

b4 we write off Foles fellers...let's give him some time to develop...I for one like what I see in the kid so far...for the most part, he's got some cleaning up to do, but the kid has the ability....and a stature that we haven't had in the pocket for a LONG time. He's got the metrics, just needs some more playing time.

If Andy Dalton can be successful in Cincy, Foles can do it here, and I firmly believe that.

I think with some more game experience, as well as a full TC and offseason under his belt we might just be sittin on something real here.

Howie needs to stop buying players in FA that is y we r stuck with this heartless team we have now(just like the Snyder Skins). We need to build through the draft if we want a big WR draft one this is a great yr to get one there r plenty of guys to choice from.

Actually, we draft more players than most teams every year. Our problem has been quantity over quality. FA is a good tool when you are 1 or 2 player's away from greatness.

3D.... yes we have alot of picks but most r in rounds 4-7 which really is hit or miss rounds we get lucky with a few the rest r busts. and in the top half of the draft we used to reach alot for players like Watkins(should have been a 2nd rounder at best) Jarrett(was a rated as a late 3rd early 4th by most teams) etc.

When i said i don't watn to buy i meant i don't want to be like the snyder skins just pay for a big name because like we did with Nnamdi and babin, ronnie brown, steve smith etc. A key pick i'm fine with like the yr we traded for Peters or Ryans this yr.

93...i don't see a winable game the rest of the season. We got youngsters with growing pains, and over-paid vets not pulling their weight. Severe injuries too. Shaggy and the kids will try their best...

3D... every NFL games is winable just depends on who shows up that Sunday. look at the Browns they r winning some games they just beat the Big ben less steelers last week. I see us winning atleast one more game this season Foles and the rooks will pull off one good game and win

If Reid is gone at the end of the season,my Top 3 Coaching Candidates::1-Gruden 2-Sumlin at Texas A & M and 3-Petersen at Boise St.--All 3 are Westcoast Offense Coachs and have backgrounds in QB development. They also have creativity in play design and keeps defenses off balanced.I believe Sumlin could be a star.

Woody said it earlier, Mr Lurie and Howie must be looking at next year...now. Get your ducks in a row, because we are not the only team needing a new coaching staff.

3D... every NFL games is winable just depends on who shows up that Sunday. look at the Browns they r winning some games they just beat the Big ben less steelers last week. I see us winning atleast one more game this season Foles and the rooks will pull off one good game and win

Steelers beat themselves...7 turnovers. Browns did very little.

I think my vote is still for Gus Bradley for HC he will help turn this Philly D around and hopefully he can bring a good OC with him to handle the O that hasmost of the pieces in place to be successful with a strong ground game with Mccoy/brown, Djax/maclin/hopefully big #1 WR, and ???? is at QB Foles will be alright i think if he can lean on the running game early on and keep developing or find a new guy either FA or draft

3D.... a win is a win like a said every game is winable just depends who shows up on Sunday the steeler did not so the browns won(all 4 of the steelers Rbs fumbled that game they didn't show up for that game)

I think my vote is still for Gus Bradley for HC he will help turn this Philly D around and hopefully he can bring a good OC with him to handle the O that hasmost of the pieces in place to be successful with a strong ground game with Mccoy/brown, Djax/maclin/hopefully big #1 WR, and ???? is at QB Foles will be alright i think if he can lean on the running game early on and keep developing or find a new guy either FA or draft

3D.... a win is a win like a said every game is winable just depends who shows up on Sunday the steeler did not so the browns won(all 4 of the steelers Rbs fumbled that game they didn't show up for that game)

True...and the Steelers were still in that game...even with a 3rd string qb.

I hope we make Derek Mason, the Defensive Coordinator at Stanford and Chip Kelly, the Head Coach at Oregon, our DC & HC both these guys units are entertaining, effective and innovative. I hope we don't take a WR in this year's draft because USC sophomore WR Marqise Lee will be coming out in 2014 and I hoping we are making plans on somehow drafting him. In this years draft, I like Kenny Vaccaro out of Texas more than Eric Reid but either one would be an upgrade over Nate Allen/ KColeman.

Dave.... i would like both Vaccarro and Reid because we need 2 S because like u said both r guys suck. Also like the Florida guy Elam but isn't he slightly undersized

I wouldn't mind david shaw coming to be HC and bringing his DC along with him not a fan of Chip Kelly speedy O i want to become more like SF,Texans,bears, etc. big and strong and just bully teams with the ground game but can also still beat u with the pass if need be also have great D play

Dave.... i would like both Vaccarro and Reid because we need 2 S because like u said both r guys suck. Also like the Florida guy Elam but isn't he slightly undersized

I wouldn't mind david shaw coming to be HC and bringing his DC along with him not a fan of Chip Kelly speedy O i want to become more like SF,Texans,bears, etc. big and strong and just bully teams with the ground game but can also still beat u with the pass if need be also have great D play

I like that concept of bullying teams so maybe Kelly's not a good choice. I like Baccarri Rambo out of UGA. We should be able to get Vaccaro and Rambo but Reid and Vaccaro. LOL in our dreams.

lol dave let me dream its all i got left this season and as of right now Eric reid is a 1st round grade and vacarro a 2nd-3rd round so it could happen and hopefully Philly would trade back because neither S is worth a top 10 pick so we can get an extra pick.

The chances of Vick being back next year are slim to none and most likely none. At 16 million it's none, at a very reduced salary it's slim. I still think the guy is talented but he's getting up there and this had to be the breakout year. I don't know what to think of Foles yet. He's big and it seems like he has a strong and fairly accurate arm but he has little mobility and makes ill-advised throws, staring down recievers and not seeing the coverage but how much does that have to do with the O-line; knowing that he has little time to make a decision and get rid of the ball? I don't know. Are these flaws correctable? Again, IDK. A few more starts will hopefully show us more. I also think we are still lacking in targets. We need a big physical stud at WR instead of the 7 dwarfs. I'm still holding out hope that Foles can be a great QB but he needs to show some progress soon. We should have a high pick next year but just our luck there doesn't seem to be a standout talent at QB or any other positions in this years draft. It looks like a draft that has a lot of depth but no standouts at any position.

Still believe we need too many new players on defense to keep Vick's salary and especially Asomugha's. The Eagles need money to replace players and even then it will be difficult to get everyone we need in one year. Especially if the talent we need is not available.

Hopefully Philly drops Nnamdi and Vick this offseason(i'd really like to us give Marsh some reps see what we have at CB).

We need to resign Demeco Ryans that has to be a must in my eyes. Also I'd like to keep DRC around he is a good cover CB and with the right DC i think could be great.

DL i think will be alrigh once the Wide 9 is gone with(Cole,Graham,Curry,Cox,Jenkins,Thorton,Patterson) will need another DE i think Hunt and Tapp r gone.

S needs to be addressed whether that is Philly drafting a couple guys or getting one in the draft and trying for Bryd in FA we need a S.

WILL LB is alrigth with Akeem holding the spot but could be upgraded for sure i'd like to get the Rutgers guy Greene in the draft to play there.

Shaggy doesn't look like the gunslinger we'd hoped for---at least yet---and he seems limited in his roll-out ability. Still, I admire Rohash 's optimism for Shaggy.

As usual with the difference-making QB's, it's 90% from the neck up. And 50% of that is self-confidence.

One risk you run by playing Shaggy the rest of the way is the complete disassembly of his confidence. Another risk is the physical disassembly of Shaggy...and of some of his receivers on desperate checkdowns from Shaggy into dead-end blind-side hits.

So you have to ask yourself---is it really worth the risk to throw Shaggy into the mix behind a team going nowhere the rest of this season? Or is Shaggy that inconsequential to the team's future that it doesn't even matter?

Brizer brought up these same points about a week ago, only of course he made the points in a better illustrative format than I....

That's why the banning of Brizer is a mistake. FREE BRIZER...you need him on this Wall.

TJ... geesh isn't your nose tired yet? CHUT UP...

How is one to surmise if Shaggy inconsequential or not if he doesn't get a fair shake?

It might be all be a moot point anywho once the new regime comes in... then it won't matter if Shaggy got himself or anyone else kilt.

TJ... why post here instead of the EYE.... talk about conspiracies...

Spadaro, what a RED HERRING POST. Utter nonsense. Like the Eagles expect Phillip Rivers to walk in here and take the team over and the SuperBowl is just a couple of months away. Just be patient fans--we know what we need.

BALONEY-SPUDS.

This team has its positives and its strengths. A talented roster that won't play for the HC and the FO seems to be the biggest issue.

FO. This is the saddest story of the season besides the abysmal records of losses and wins. Howie Roseman is NOT and NEVER WAS and NEVER WILL BE an NFL scout or a personnel evaluator. He is a terrifc numbers & contracts guy who knows what "value" to assign to a roster slot and how to make nice with players agents. Lets NOT EVER confuse Howie with a personnel guy GM.

Tom Modrak and Joe Banner got more done with Veterans Stadium and the below NFL standard facilities than Howie and Andy have done with Nova Care and Linc.

EAGLES!!

Your major problems are 1.> Head Coach and assistant coaching staff. and 2.> GM-Personnel and Front Office. Once those issues are remedied--then it makes sense to discuss players.

What is the risk if we just let Foles sit??? alteast now he is getting adjusted to the speed of the game and should be to learn from the rookie mistakes will not have to worry about them as much next yr if he is the starter

>>TJ:

As you know--this is Brizer's 2nd banishment.

You have read more than a few posters here complain about his 'personal attacks' on fellow posters. While this may have been done it fun--the remarks show that his "wit" was often unappreciated and offensive to more than a handful.

Although I may well have missed it. I have ever seen Brizer apologize to anyone. That's my perception--like I said I may be wrong,but I don't think I am alone.

This is a fan website. It is not Brizer's website nor was he the moderator or in any position of rank and authority. Again, read the comments...many concluded he was speaking with a usurped authority and often attempted to intimidate, berate others or belittle others.

Brizer has been "fined" by the Commissioner for late hits and unsportsmanlike conduct. I don't know how many days "fine" the Commission has doled out...that's up to he Commissioner.

Courageous post, Woody...

As for the talented but sometimes insolent ATV---

My point is: you risk making Shaggy inconsequential to the future if you are willing to break him down too much now---which may be too early in his growth curve to allow that to happen.

If you're lucky, Shaggy gets better and more confident by leaps and bounds over the course of the last 5 games of 2012, resulting in the reincarnation of Joe Namath... But the odds are against that happening. The odds are greater that Shaggy will emerge a battered and beaten shell of a quarterback with a loser's label (see David Carr).

If Shaggy is deemed a throwaway prospect, maybe you take that risk... but deeming him a throwaway prospect implies he is inconsequential. I'm not ready to throw him away yet---are you?

I'm saying he has shown so far he is just not combat-ready...he doesn't have "it" yet. If you allow him to get crushed too much physically and mentally in this lost season, he may never get "it"...

Oh ATV, you are an instigator supreme...Surely you remember I was reading and posting here years before I ever posted at the EYE...