Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] In Big Picture, It's All About QB

>>BG93: Besides Nick Foles...name any Eagles QB who has been complete successful working under Marty Mornhinweg in the MM-AR offense.McNabb-no;Kolb-no; Vick-no; Foles-no. Have folks forgot how this entire offense with a HEALTHY OL and a HEALTHY VETERAN QB just craters in the RZ. Just goes 3 & out placing the D back in harms way.

Discuss Foles in this MM offense is like saying " Wow, he can't walk on water...and we need a guy who can walk 100 yards on water".

Think there is a little DENIAL about this whole offense? Look at the record since Johnson died and Childress left. MM did WHAT to upgrade the team? OH---they moved the ball a lot of yards !!! Impressive,but, POINTS not "yards" win games.

>> TJ:

I miss him. He is an adult and responsible for himself. Just like most of the rest of us.

No harm in playing Foles so long as he doesn't get hurt. Besides Steve Young, when MM was only a QB coach, his other QBs have been long suffering.

Woody, re. Brizer--- I think the newer members of the OTI Forum here mistake Brizer's challenges to them to post with more advanced critical thought as "personal attacks". I think many posters could benefit by accepting Brizer's challenges for better posting. It would make them less soft in their observations and dig deeper for better understanding of the sport.

Anyone who's "offended" by Brizer would surely fail miserably in advanced academics, a militaery academy setting, medical school or an actual football team environment.

Brizer is an acquired taste...like a good beer, or a sparkling wine. And his body of work speaks for itself. For those who don't know, Brizer was the Straw that stirred the Drink here at OTI for many years.

Jwood...I stick by wanting another QB next yr whether it is in the draft,trade,or FA and let r 3guys have an open competition for the starting job. Problem with TE he isn't r future just another patch QB like Vick

>>TJ:

Well said.

Not everyone posts with critical thinking. Many post with emotion...this is a fan site after all, not a session with ones tutor in Aristotelian logic.

Interesting points by many... If one thing Shaggy has proven that all the Vick Bashing that has gone on here for a while has not really been about Mike's QBACKING... many spew about the missing intangibles in Mike's game and Vicks lack of instincts. I think our very promising rook has proven as has been said by players like Peyton Manning ... behind that 2012 Eagle O Line none can survive. or be effective. As for the rookie I had great hopes for Nick but Vick if protected is still our best SHORT Term chance at a Championship. I think RG111 is showing the league the QB template. Faaasssttt, Elusive, Physical talents with Big Arms, Smart, and Accurate. This being RG111 first season we need to start looking for QB'S with similar skill sets or my Eagles will be in trouble competing with that Washington QB's Skill Set and watch as he delivers Championships.

I still think that Howie Roseman is one of the Best GM we have had ... throughout pre-season allour selections I thought were the best players available... to say in hindsight that those BIG nAME AND big REP PLAYERS DID NOT PERFORM I still think Howie can get it done. QB, Safeties both Kurt and Nate SUCK neeed more Physicality Speed and Size from those sports Same eith LB that QB in DC looks like the real deal we better get the D to deal with that.

Told many here when we drafted Bryce Brown that he could put on the bench what y'all think now Shady could be moved for picks we must adjust our strategy to Deal with that PLAYER IN DC.

>>BG93: I'd like Jeff Garcia about 10 seasons younger.

>>trini: respect your view of Roseman. I'll disagree and still contend he was building a 'fantasy team'..and gathered lots of glittery, mis-matched players.

I don't know what to make of Howie because i don't know how much of the actions from the last 2yrs r AR's and which r Howie's. I'm willing to give Howie next yr and it will start with who Howie and Lurie decide replace AR with at HC.

Brizer busted for being A Vulgar Vulture!!!!!! You know the Eagles are struggling when that happens

And chip kellys offense won't work in the big leagues unless you have three or more stud QBs. They will get killed!

Better keep Vick if you want Kelly.

I can't say Chip's O won't work in the NFL because NE O is alot like Chip's but i don't want that small speedy built O anymore i want to bully teams like SF,texans bears etc. F this speedy undersized teams we have with AR

Cant change it overnight successfully though. I definitely do NOT think Chip Kelly is the answer. AR could outcoach him with his eyes closed any day of the week.

Dave, whats up with the try out the young guys mentality? Are the Eagles the only team that doesnt "hello! You play to WIN the game!" when the chips are down? No disrespect to Vick but I get the feeling his concussion symptoms still exist so the Eagles can't play him. So they go to Cowboys stadium with little chance to win because they want to "try out the young guys?" That sucks! Try out in practice. Play your BEST players in the game and go WIN,

Senhorcook.... AR is hands down a great coach(his record speaks for itself) and Philly isn't going to get anyone better then him but we can get someone just as good that is new and fresh and message that isn't dead to the players. I want to win games but this is the time to evaluate r young talent so even if Vick was healthy i would still want him on the bench to give Foles the exp. I do believe Foles and the other youngsters will play a good game vs Dallas i'm thinking we pull off a win.

BG, I seriously love your optimism! I wish there were more positive people here. The starters that should be on the bench are the defensive players. The backups COULDN'T do any worse. HaHa.

I want the Cowpies season to be over too!

Senhorcook.... Big difference between Brees and Vick is Drew throws TD alot of Tds he has 31 on the season Vick has never had over 30tds in one yr EVER in his career kinda makes a big difference. Also if Brees has a bad game he comes back with a good game Vick hasn't atleast not this season he had bad game after bad game. Alot of Vick problem could be from the poor OL but then i have to question what was the issue in 2011 with a perfectly healthy OL.

WOW Brees games with a td streak just ended that is crazy how many games did he get to i know he past Johnny U

We would be damn good with Brees. We never had a QB like him. He was garbage when he first started playing like many of the good ones do. Foles is not a Brees but has a lot of good things to work with. Strong arm, Poise and he is a big kid, that can move if he has to. What about Edwards, since the season is over, we need to see if he looks as good as he did in preseason. Need to know. Since AR is def gone, does he care to look at guys. Looks like the whole coaching staff will go down with him.

VICK SUX