Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] In Big Picture, It's All About QB

So you all hang your hat on Foles? He wasnt a winner in college. Some of that has to be on him. He hasnt won here yet. What if he..."as you say, sucks"....and the team keeps him for 3 years or so waiting for him to "learn"? We suck for another 3 years and are no better off than we are now? Im not ok with that plan. Lets trade the whole defense for Andrew Luck. Haha. JK! They wouldnt take the trade.

Senhorcook,

I have to disagree with you on about everything you have written. Your analysis of Vick vs Brees is absolutley ridiculous. There is no comparison between Brees and Vick. Do you really think Vick is in the same category as Rogers, Brady, Brees, or even Johnny U. Vick is a mediocre player at best because he is a running QB. The Vicks, RG3s, Cams, and McNabbs of the league are great athletes but do not and will not win Super Bowls because they are one dimensional. Vick is not a quick thinker and cannot read defenses. He is not accurate in the pocket or when he rolls to his right. As a result, defenses develop strategies to defend these guys because they are one dimensional. Many are great college players because they are great athletes and can get away with it but when these guys hit the NFL they are playing the best of the best like the Ray Lewis's of the world. What works in the the NFL is a QB that is big, accurate, releases quick, and can read defenses. The biggest mistake Reid did was sign Vick to 106 million contract which I beleive was the beginning of the end for this team.

The Coach - As for Reid he needs to go. The guy makes no adjustments, is arrogant, and cannot manage his players. The west coast offense is outdated and he has done nothing to improve or change the offense to be more conventional. I believe Reid was a good coach but not a great one. Against good teams and critical games he has always been outcoached due to his style and attitude. Also he is not the best when it comes to drafting. He has made many bad picks which is why this team is where it is at the present moment. Andy is sneaky and likes to always put the blame on someone else. Ex is the Castillo incident.

Its time for a change and what we need to do is get rid of Reid, Howie Roseman, and other mgt for new blood. Hire a new GM and coach with new ideas that wants to win. Why play Vick and other veterans that are not going to be around next year. This team is not going to win anymore games or go to the playoffs so we need to play our young guys to see%

BG93:I can't say Chip's O won't work in the NFL because NE O is alot like Chip's but i don't want that small speedy built O anymore i want to bully teams like SF,texans bears etc. F this speedy undersized teams we have with AR

I second that BG. Id like to get a lot bigger and physical players as well. They are the more consistent play makers in my opinion. Creating turnovers on D and ground and pound on the ground. Plus we really need a go up and get it WR like megatron.

Foles imo can be elite and id like to see him practice now when it doesnt really matter if we lose more games. Get him more experience and if he succeeds then he will be even better when our O line is healed next year and we hopefully find that true #1 WR.

I still want Marty and reid gone desperately and then find the coach that meets the criteria above.

I wouldnt mind drafting another QB for competition but i wouldnt waste a high pick on one especially when i feel Foles can be the man of the future. I would like to try an trade vick and try to get a draft pick for the up coming draft. I can see the bills, raiders, cardinals as possible landing spots for him.

If we do get a high draft pick, like a top 5 pick, I would hope to trade it away and try to pick up extra round one picks. We need help at S, WR, and O line. I honestly wouldnt mind if we took the num1 OT if he was worth it but with all of our starters that should be back next season idk if it would be a waste?

>>TJ: Believe Brizer is working on his cook book. And, when he returns, he will be a parolee. Maybe FLF can be his parole officer?

>>DDD: Thinking Foles has been working with the first team for several weeks now. There ought to be some chemistry evolving between Foles and the 'skill players'. The rookie backfield will get a real test from Dallas--and will do some good things. Yes, Bryce Brown is that good. With some rushing to set up a play-action pass, Foles will go for some long passes selectively.

Defense will be paying pop-goes-the weasel. Tony Romo is one slippery weasel in the pocket. Believe the baby Birds will get their sacks,but must be vigilant for the screen passes,too. Dez Bryant and DRC will have some battles. 1st game went to Dez. I think that will motivate DRC.

AR needs his pickle juice game playbook for this game. Which got me to thinking about AR's greatest games. Pickle Juice is undoubtedly my favorite game of the Reid era.

>>snowleopard: lets not expect McNabb to remain an Eagle--he has moved on in his career. I think he is bringing reasonable objectivity to his new role as analyst. Am enjoying watching him develop as a sports broadcast guy. Am not expecting him to be Tom Bookshier, he has to be Donovan McNabb.

>>snowleopard: Actually, Andy Reid would be a terrific analyst. He is very funny in a self deprecating way. A bright man with loads of experience. The press briefings are not the "real" AR at all. How ironic for Andy to become a member of the media!!

>>eaglesyank: Bri is out here at the Lovelock correctional facility where he has already become a trustee and is teaching cooking classes to the other inmates...

@jwood5151>> "snowleopard: lets not expect McNabb to remain an Eagle--he has moved on in his career. I think he is bringing reasonable objectivity to his new role as analyst. Am enjoying watching him develop as a sports broadcast guy. Am not expecting him to be Tom Bookshier, he has to be Donovan McNabb."

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

>>snowleopard: McNabb has a new career. He has moved on. McNabb has a national audience. Back in the day, Brookshier retired an became a home town broadcast guy...I am not expecting DMAC to be a 'homey"...I think he is trying to expand away from the Eagles QB persona and just be an analyst.

>>DDD: How close will Bryce Brown get to another 178 yard game? I think he will shock the Cowboys and Eagles fans alike. Won't be surprised to see him at 150 yards from scrimmage.

>>DDD: How close will Bryce Brown get to anothler178 yard game? I think he will shock the Cowboys and Eagles fans alike. Won't be surprised to see him at 150 yards from scrimmage.

Woody...i hope Brown has a good error-free game. However, i think his focus will go astray under the glaring lights of the 'Sodom and Gomorrah' stadium on SNF. I am looking for us to get blown out.

FREE BRI ...... By the way, I just returned from Jamaica, and even over there in non-HD it was still obvious that Kurt Coleman is the worst safety in the NFL. Can we please get some David Sims this week????

agree 3d...although my std states otherwise...the boys are still fightin to stay alive. Any success bryce has will be negated once again by penalties, turnovers, and our lack of RZ production. That said, I'd still like to see the kid run it down their throats...

Fro in the house. Fro the old GK is probably at the EYE..Lupes blog. Don't know if you know about his place, but i would bet he is there.