Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Is Time Right For Move To 3-4 D?

Even if AS kept his mouth shut, he was too much against the cap and was gone. Similar with MV and Aso this year. Both are cap casualties.

Roseman says "they were like independent contractors"...and I agree

So the question is, "who is responsible for bringing in all the free agents?" Who went bananas trying to build a team in free agency (like Washington tried and failed), rather than having a system and drafting guys who fit your system?

Plug a hole in FA but find a coach who has a system that works, and draft guys to play in system. That is how a team works.

>>>DDD: I can only hope that Joe Banner snags Chip Kelly in Phoenix...and he goes to Cleveland as next HC there. I see a college coach and Eagles anagement as several years of very frustrating football.

Much rather have Mike Holmgren or Lovie Smith or at least a new HC with an NFL track record and contacts.

You recall Lou Holtz as an NFL coach? Or. Joe Kurharich?

haha...Steve Spurrier...bad...Bud Wilkinson...very bad...and our boy Joe...traded Sonny J...and Tommy McDonald in his first year with us.

I don't see those guys so much as cap casualities. They all are or were in the position that they weren't getting the money. They had to restructure or sign a new deal. Vets restructure their deals all the time.

I say NO WAY to the 3-4. We've ignored LB's here for so long, does anyone honestly think that Ryans, Kendricks and the rest of the sub-par group can hold down the most LB intensive defensive system? C'Mon MAN!!!

oh and I forgot...lets not forget our VAST count of DL men on this roster. Yeah, guess we'll just scrap everything and go to the 3-4. This team is about the furthest away from having the players you need to run a 3-4 as you can get!

spuds....i really think (hope) this article is a complete stab in the dark just to stir the pot. Although nothing would suprise me at this point

Cunningham...I'm a HUGE Ej Manuel fan but he struggles against good D's did you see his game vs florida he had like 4turnovers....most of the ACC D's are avg. at best I'd love to land him in he 2nd or 3rd round to compete for the starting job with Foles

EJ reminds me of Cam Newton with his size and mobility just a better attitude also more accustomed to a pro style O

I don't see those guys so much as cap casualities. They all are or were in the position that they weren't getting the money. They had to restructure or sign a new deal. Vets restructure their deals all the time.

MV said he won't restructure his deal with us...Aso will have to or he will be gone. MV and Aso count as $32 mil against our 2013 cap.

Cunningham....EJ might be the most talent QB in the draft but he lack of success agianst top rated D's in college and the fact that he had a great D to help him win games might hurt his draft stock is all....I'd much rather have Ej over Geno or barkley

Trip D of course he won't restructure with the way things have gone down here. Things didn't have to be that way. the team decided to move in another direction. If the teams shows loyalty to a player then he is more apt to take a little less for the good of the team so to speak. Clearly they all were willing to take less money to play the next year.

Vick isn't worth bringing back even if he would restructure I'm sorry he played as well as a 3rd round rookie QB(really I think Foles played better) but everyone is bashing Foles.

Vick isn't worth bringing back even if he would restructure I'm sorry he played as well as a 3rd round rookie QB(really I think Foles played better) but everyone is bashing Foles.

i don't bash Shaggy..because he is still an unknown.

3D....true but many fans are already labeling Foles a bust probably because he couldn't magically safe are season with a bad team and totally neglect the fact that he played very well for a rookie QB and showed many signs of what you want in a starting QB