Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Is Time Right For Move To 3-4 D?

3D....true but many fans are already labeling Foles a bust probably because he couldn't magically safe are season with a bad team and totally neglect the fact that he played very well for a rookie QB and showed many signs of what you want in a starting QB

Shaggy must dedicate himself to the mechanics of his position. His footwork must be crisp. Mentally, i think he is way ahead of most rookies. He devoured MM's complex playbook...and had no problem running the huddle.

3d....and we owe vick about that exact amount. Gotta clear him outta the way to balance the budget.

Plus, I don't think there's a coach out there who would come in here and take any sort of chance on vick. You have to hold your breath every time he touches the ball, even on handoffs.

Cunningham...What did you expect from Foles???? he did just as well as the other 6 rookie QBs in there first 6starts. only difference is he threw the ball a hell of alot more(minus Andrew Luck)

So it wasn't his getting to know the playbook that most rookies deal with it was actual abilities.

yes...he must get better mechanically with his throws. He gets lazy. He has no problem with x and o's.

By no means is Shaggy our starter. We must have an open QB competition in TC and through the PS.

IHOP...

3d....and we owe vick about that exact amount. Gotta clear him outta the way to balance the budget.

Plus, I don't think there's a coach out there who would come in here and take any sort of chance on vick. You have to hold your breath every time he touches the ball, even on handoffs.

IHOP...I agree. MV and Aso are liabilities...very expensive ones. Trade MV to the Jets.

They made the comparison bout foles and matt ryan...bout how they are similar size and how ryan had to shorten up his throwing motion. Not saying foles is the next ryan, but we get him some protection and I see him getting much better

I think Foles was better than Vick. Foles made some rookie mistakes ( like a rookie ) but he showed up on 3d down, and kept a few games alive. He has made a few very nice throws. He has also made throws that are pathetic. Foles still completed 60% of his passes, threw one more TD than INT. That's pretty good for a rookie on a sucky team. I think with Foles if you have a good enough OL and a run game, and Defense to support him, not matter what I bet you can him to be an effective game manager. Who may possibly turn out to be much more.

Foles is nothing like Matt Ryan... I would compare him to Kerry Collins maybe.

I do agree with PP that we need some competition, he needs to earn a starting role.

Yes but you have that opportunity to get that guy. That franchise guy. This team hasn't had that opportunity in a long time. Other than Dalton and Wilson of which my cries were shuttered during those drafts. If Foles can develop into a backup QB then great. The team needs that for sure too.

Russell Wilson-8tds 6ints 1,108yds(4-2) (1-2) in games with over 30passes attempts

Rg3-5tds 2ints 1,343yds(3-3) (1-3) in games with over 30passes attempts

Andrew Luck- 7tds 7ints 1,974(3-3)

Nick Foles-5tds 4ints 1,480yds(1-5) (1-4) with games of over 30passes attempts

pretty interesting stats if I do say so myself wonder what foles could have done with a D like Seattle's or a ground game like Washington

and the only QB that won games on his arm alone was Andrew Luck. Rg3 had a great ground game and russell Wilson had a strong ground game and D.

Please shift to a 3 - 4 Defense, This will also give us a chance to draft one of the better pass rusher in the draft, because God knows we need them in it seems to be more DE/LB at the top of this years draft...

Cunningham...So foles was suppose to win games on his arm alone is what your saying as a rookie QB??? I didn't see that from Rg3 or russell Wilson they had a team to help there records out.

He BS that you judging Foles by his record when he played for this piss poor Eagles team. D that couldn't stop anyone(atleast when Vick was QB teams were scoring under 20points a game)

I think Foles deserves a shot next year, but agree there should be some competition to keep him competitive and on his game. I think a late draft pick....E.J. Manuel, Collin Klein, or Landry Jones would be some good competition. There is really no free agent qb to get excited about this year.

Rabram...100% agree with you

I watch Nick Foles every game he made great decision,made great throws,showed amazing pocket awareness, showed everything you want in a starting QB....Only thing he struggled with was the deep ball.

Nick Foles looks like an NFL starting QB

AR very close to a deal with KC

Those stats are a bit misleading if you consider the Tampa game he had 381 and two tds with no interceptions. That is a big part of his stat line. I can't judge him by him playing against the worst pass D

His deep ball does need work but he's got plenty of time to sharpen those skills. BG, considering everything that went on this year, Foles was a bright spot. I don't think anybody here is really saying he's not talented. He has potential. I want the best possible player we can get (I say this for every position).