Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Is Time Right For Move To 3-4 D?

...What about the 2nd skins game it is misleading the TE moore dropped 2 touchdown passes that should have been caught. I can break down each game also doesn't change the fact that Foles was great in the pocket made all the throws(some very tough throws), commanded the huddle,howed toughness, was accurate etc.

PPW...i'm the first to say we need to add competition to him but to say he is nothing more then a backup and doesn't even deserve a chance to start that just wrong lol

PPW...what really bothers me is when you see people sit here and support Vick and give him all these excuses but Foles did just as good with less talent on O and they bash him...Lets not even bring up the fact that Vick was a 10yr vet and Foles was a rookie lol

Here's an angle-what if the new coach doesn't want Foles? Or has a guy in mind already? Or uses a high pick on the guy he thinks is best?

I know, I know this is all speculation until it's not.

PPW...Chip Kelly Foles will be let go probably picked up by the siants is Drew Brees backup and future replacement...Foles gets the starting job in like 2015-2016 goes on and wins a SB in like 2018 lol

Foles did a good job in a bad situation. I'd like to see what he can do next year with a full off-season as the starter, some semblance of an offensive line, special teams that actually help field position, and maybe a big WR to throw to.

Idk if Kelly would be quick to get rid of Foles, he seemed to really like him in the interview after Oregon played ASU in 2011 http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/2011/09/25/oregon-coach-chip-kelly-on-nick-foles-i-watch-in-awe-sometimes/

Also Foles moved really well in the pocket which Kelly would probably like, i doubt Kelly is going to come in here and try to run a complete replica of Oregon's offense.

I persosnally hope whoever the coach is gives Foles a chance this year i think he can develop well he seems to be a student of the game

yes, of course I'm assuming ASO is dealt with....medieval style

Lurie will call a couple hard, pipe hittin' thugs to go to work on the homes with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch??

while the jury might still be out on foles....I'm liking him for the pure and simple reason he brings size and a pocket passing presence we haven't had here in philly for forever. I'd take a QB like foles and build around that over the hysterical running, fumbling, inconsistent, wasting of timeouts, turnover machine we've been subjected to

Gruden or Cowher, All the other stiffs are as about exciting as a prostate exam. Get someone who can get guys to play physical, yet disciplined, has the stones to get rid of the divas on this team, and can coach in Philly. Stop boring me with Gimmick coaches, i'm not excited at all. We need to make a splash..........make it happen Mr. Lurie. All the other coaches are Ried clones. Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!!!!!!!

BG, that article gives a little more clarity on the payout needed to get O'Brien away from PS. I have been wondering about the 9-19 mils needed. That article claims that the Eags would in no way pay that for it.

PPW...I also read in anotehr article that Lurie would be willing to pay that money if he truely believe O'Brien was his guy....Everything right now is just rumors and here say we won't know anything really until it happens I just hate the waiting game though lol

I hate the waiting too but at least it's giving us time to discuss darn near everything! That's al ot of dough to cough up for a guy without any guarantees. I guess nothing is guaranteed but man, up to 19 milz to get him away plus whatever salary he would be given?? Seems steep.

PPW...for how unknown O'brien would be I agree 19mil is steep not counting what the salary is.... But if Lurie or who ever truely felt he was the guy to bring them a SB don't they think that price would be worth it is the question????

Doesn't Chip kelly also have a buyout???? his contract isn't up at Oregon for atleast another 2-3yrs i believe ???

Chip Kelly's new Oregon contract

Season Guaranteed Buyout

2010-11 $2.4 million $4 million

2011-12 $2.8 million $3.75 million

2012-13 $3.5 million $3.5 million

2013-14 $3.8 million $2.5 million

2014-15 $4 million $2.5 million

2015-16 $4 million $2 million

we could prolly get brizer for a couple 6 packs. The post game inverviews would be incoherent swearing followed by how to properly braise a leg of lamb

IMO this is 1999 all over again. Let Lurie take his time to find the right guy. Interview anybody and everybody if you can. The keys moves no matter who is the new HC is going to be the "Jimmy Johnson & McNabb" moves from 1999. As far at the 3-4... I'm ok with doing it now because I do not believe in the "depth" or "fastballs" philosophy. Quality is better than quantity. Who are the backups in Seattle, SF & Cincy? Too much of the roster has been used on the DL and it has hurt the special teams. A switch to 3-4 means you won't have 10 spots used on the DL. I'm open either way, but I hope the next coach doesn't worry about what's on the current roster in factoring on this decision. Cox & Kendricks are the only building blocks for long term in the front 7 and it seems both would be ok in either scheme.