Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Is Time Right For Move To 3-4 D?

>>C-ham: Lovie Smith had Mike Martz for a season or 2. The offense was terrific with that dolt, Jay Cutler.

No I was thinking superbowl 5 win over Dallas... just looked it up he was replaced by Don McAfferty

>>C-ham: Agreed, there should be quality to compete with Foles. I think Edwards is enough. No sense wasting a pick on anyone this season. Instead, lets dump Djax and get a couple of big, rangy, faster WRs...like a Manningham..for instance. Also, we know what we have in Avant. Cooper made not have hit his ceiling,but I think he is close. Damaris Johnson isn't close to his ceiling yet. Big Man at WR. TE is another HOLE on the offense. And, there should be solutions drafted. And, some mid-round OL talent,too. Defense needs help in the middle DT, LB Safety. Keeping DRC and finding a high quality safety or 2. That is about as much as one could hope for in a draft.

The Eagles are Talented on the DL .. The Secondary is a mess with undersized Safety's.... DRC should be resigned ... DRC is a true Corner not a slot Corner ... As for Linebackers there decent .. Kendricks is a future pro Bowler ..... As For Chip Kelly ... Kelly is a Gimmick system ... He will be a Horrible Fit in the NFL ... O'brien from PSU would be a better fit ....

This is going to be a fun offseason for us... finally off the hamster wheel chasing the bronze medals... and anything can happen now. Also can't be worse next year as we were the WORST team in the NFC. If anything, the pompus attitude that oozed from Novacare over being 2 steps short of the goal 4 times along with one runner up finish is gone. Kudos to Andy for complimenting the hand he was dealt back in 1999 and turning it into the NFC favorite from 2002-04. Now, as Mike Barkan said on the radio yesterday... "I want my next coach to have the same overall knowlege on how to run things like Andy Reid... but be able to manage a game on Sundays" Good stuff Mike!

>>C-ham: Agreed, there should be quality to compete with Foles. I think Edwards is enough. No sense wasting a pick on anyone this season. Instead, lets dump Djax and get a couple of big, rangy, faster WRs...like a Manningham..for instance. Also, we know what we have in Avant. Cooper made not have hit his ceiling,but I think he is close. Damaris Johnson isn't close to his ceiling yet. Big Man at WR. TE is another HOLE on the offense. And, there should be solutions drafted. And, some mid-round OL talent,too. Defense needs help in the middle DT, LB Safety. Keeping DRC and finding a high quality safety or 2. That is about as much as one could hope for in a draft.

Woody...we are limited with payroll too...right now $16 mil in cap h e l l...might need Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme.

>>C-ham: Back last Spring when Foles was drafted...I was OK with him being Eagles starter...in favor of MV. I think he is enough QB to run a WCO or modified WCO such as the Harbaugh's run in SFO or BLT. He isn't "Steve Young"..and certainly not RGIII. He is plenty to compete at play-off level. Agreement will all posts observing that his deep ball is problematic. He can fix it.

Andy Reid's Downfall was going away from what worked between 1999 - 2003 which was Draft your talent ... 1st Mistake was TO ... since 04 -011 very Bad Drafts .. 012 was better Foles...Cox...Kendricks ... Free agency is ok for maybe 1 or 2 players to help .. The Redskins were the poster child of Free Agency doesn't work

>>DDD: Not to worry...about cash flow. Lurie and the Accountants are not traveling by JET as many thought. Sheesh, Jets cost 3500hr just in fuel. Nope. HOT AIR BALLOON is the preferred mechanism of flight. The 3 passengers take turns keeping the craft aloft...

>>Birds: Ray Rhodes brought a nice cadre of FA talent with him.

DDD... we are not in cap hell at all... Bell, Vick & Aso are out ... most likely Patterson & Jenkins either cut or restructure. Ryans will probably be restructured to take more money now using a signing bonus that lowers his cap hit. Peters prob restructure as he won't get close to that on the open market with his injury. A lot of money coming off the books in 2013. And look for same in 2014 & 15 with some of these overpaid guys that Howie extended last year!

>>DDD: Not to worry...about cash flow. Lurie and the Accountants are not traveling by JET as many thought. Sheesh, Jets cost 3500hr just in fuel. Nope. HOT AIR BALLOON is the preferred mechanism of flight. The 3 passengers take turns keeping the craft aloft...

>>Birds: Ray Rhodes brought a nice cadre of FA talent with him.

haha...the 3 wise men...on camels.

DDD... we are not in cap hell at all... Bell, Vick & Aso are out ... most likely Patterson & Jenkins either cut or restructure. Ryans will probably be restructured to take more money now using a signing bonus that lowers his cap hit. Peters prob restructure as he won't get close to that on the open market with his injury. A lot of money coming off the books in 2013. And look for same in 2014 & 15 with some of these overpaid guys that Howie extended last year!

Joe...i agree...Bell...MV and Aso will come off the books...clearing up close to $40 mil.

McCoy would be ok with me (if he shows Lurie he has the overall knowlege to run an organizaton) I like the fact he has had success with various types of QBs.