Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Is Time Right For Move To 3-4 D?

>>Disgusted: thanks for sharing the Trotter interview. AMEN, Jeremiah!! Thank You for confirming what 99.99% of objective football fans have said for years and years.

I think Reid falls flat on his face in his next HC assignment. It will be a really fast & hard fall if the new team permits him to hire his right hand imbecile, Marty Mornhinweg.

Wood agreed. But 2 things now. 1 = lets put the past 14 years behind us now ..good and bad and move on. 2 = It's because I agree with Trotter on these particular statements that I am excited about the future. I think Lurie looks for a coach with the same qualities as Reid. And I also think its virtually impossible to find a guy with those good qualities that will have that big of a weakness in managing in game situations.

I wouldn't like the idea of switching to the 3-4 with the players we have. If we were going to make that so called "Leap of Faith" We would need a good D coordinator to make it a painless transition.

mike, how does the 4-3 work with our current players? Either scheme we will need new players.

that would open us up to drafting players who could be either DE's or LB's and dont have to assign one position to guys much better idea than sticking with a 4-3

Why does everyone call T.O. a mistake made by the eagles?,...the way I see it Andy Reid would not have a superbowl apperance on his resumee if not for the obvious talent that was T.O. in Philly,....Also why no thought to Lovie in Philly?....oh yeah! noone can see obvious talent..!......

Tcole....I'm not going to say a mistake truely I blame are FO and AR becuase TO only started to act out since he he wanted a contract extension and he deserved it. But we made the SB without TO he was out with an injury the entire playoffs.

OK....so it was done without TO,....However Dawkins gets all the credit for being the vocal leader of the eagles for so long(rightly so)...its overlooked that TO was also a powerful vocal leader(even from the sidelines) fom a mental standpoint.

Exactly Mike.... the switch to 3-4 will be the new coach's decision, our current roster shouldn't effect the decision

Switching to the 3-4 would be a disaster for one we don't have the linebackers for it. Two it would effect Vinny Curry development. Listen folks we need safeties and corners.

daubora... last check in the standings...Eagles were 4-12...16th place in the NFC! Where is there to go down from here? You can't decide one way or the other about the 4-3 or 3-4 because of Vinny Curry or anyone else on the current roster! Figure its a 1/3 chance they switch to 3-4 with the current NFL ratio. The key position in this equation other than coach's decision will be geting a true nose tackle. Everything else is secondary.

Bill O'Brien is out as HC option he is staying at Penn St...part of me is disappointed but of me is happy that he isn't leaving Penn St. yet. Hope Eagles land Mike Mccoy now as HC

Is Spadaro for real? 3-4 defense with this personnel? First of all Antonio Dixon is the only one that has the size to play nose tackle, but that doesnt mean he can play it. Trent Cole can not be a 3-4 outside linebacker because he has zero cover skills. Mychal Kendricks has not proven that he can play downhill and stop the run between the tackles. Demeco Ryans is better off in a 4-3. The Eagles need a SAM linebacker next year that can play on the line of scrimmage. The secondary needs to be totally rebuilt, but the front 7 looks good with a new SAM linebacker.,

BG> If reid goes to KC i bet they do take Luke. Plus if they do resign their LT they can always use him at RT. Saw you posted that you think we are taking Teo. I know you want Star... Id take Teo and hope we get him at the same time

Please DO NOT change to a 3-4. You saw what happend to Demeco when they switched to a 3-4 in Houston he was one of the bright spots on defense this season. We need to shake up the secondary and find a good linebacker *cough* Manti , then our defense will be solid.