Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Shango and The Dallas Cowboys Show

9 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I have an almost opposite opinion. Every player on that list, even the ones on bad teams, is used in a more effective fashion than Dez. He is in my 5, with the 4 you listed at the top.

i agree dez is used really bad by their coaching staff. however i dont think he has great hands. i think he has OK hands. i also do not think he has gamebreaking speed. i think he has good speed. the thing i think that makes him special is that he is a physical WR that can beat you that way. to me i think hopkins has it all. speed, hands and physicalness which is why i would put him ahead of dez. i also really like allen robinson. every time i watch him i say how did he fall all the way to the second round. he is physical and good hands. i get doesnt have gamebreaking speed but he is really become a special player. to me fitzgerald has completely reinvented himself over the last three years. he has gone from an elite outside receiver to an elite slot Wr. Even at his age teams struggle to cover him. as for josh gordon, if josh gordon would stop getting suspended he might be the 3rd best WR in this league. he to me has it all. heck he puts up stats with garbage at QB.

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i agree dez is used really bad by their coaching staff. however i dont think he has great hands. i think he has OK hands. i also do not think he has gamebreaking speed. i think he has good speed. the thing i think that makes him special is that he is a physical WR that can beat you that way. to me i think hopkins has it all. speed, hands and physicalness which is why i would put him ahead of dez. i also really like allen robinson. every time i watch him i say how did he fall all the way to the second round. he is physical and good hands. i get doesnt have gamebreaking speed but he is really become a special player. to me fitzgerald has completely reinvented himself over the last three years. he has gone from an elite outside receiver to an elite slot Wr. Even at his age teams struggle to cover him. as for josh gordon, if josh gordon would stop getting suspended he might be the 3rd best WR in this league. he to me has it all. heck he puts up stats with garbage at QB.

Dez has more than "ok hands" he has very good hands, but I agree on the speed, he's not generally going to blow by cb's. 

to underscore how he is misused in Dallas..Dez is a big physical guy...not a speed guys....from outside the red zone he did not run 1 route under 15 yards on Sunday. The catch he had for 8 yards was due to him coming back to the qb who was scrambling.

Shango could be in danger of getting banned on YouTube by the NFL, if he's not careful. I had 2 channels get banned because of the NFL. Granted, I was posting clips from games and NFLN shows, but if they cut his feed... not good for him...

Kinda feel sorry for him. I respect his passion as a fan (albeit for the most hated team). Hoping he figures out a way to get around the rules and continue to do his streams.

45 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Kinda feel sorry for him. I respect his passion as a fan (albeit for the most hated team). Hoping he figures out a way to get around the rules and continue to do his streams.

With the NFL, if he tries to get around the rules, he'll end up completely banned. He just has to be careful not to show as much of the TV as he has. Maybe none of the TV would be his best bet.

19 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Shango could be in danger of getting banned on YouTube by the NFL, if he's not careful. I had 2 channels get banned because of the NFL. Granted, I was posting clips from games and NFLN shows, but if they cut his feed... not good for him...

Shango is great... but he can't win here.

I hope he can find a way to follow the rules and still do his show.

Just now, BronxEagle said:

Shango is great... but he can't win here.

I hope he can find a way to follow the rules and still do his show.

I agree, he can't. Not with his live stream, which shows the TV in the background, anyway. He can still do it, but he just has to point the camera elsewhere.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

With the NFL, if he tries to get around the rules, he'll end up completely banned. He just has to be careful not to show as much of the TV as he has. Maybe none of the TV would be his best bet.

Suppose he has a TV on but it's not visible. Could he get into trouble if the audio is able to be heard? Would have have to have the sound muted too?

Just now, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Suppose he has a TV on but it's not visible. Could he get into trouble if the audio is able to be heard? Would have have to have the sound muted too?

I was going to ask that.

2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

2 minutes ago, BronxEagle said:

I was going to ask that.

With the NFL, there's always that possibility. They're extremely miserly where their copyright comes in. They don't play games, even though they play games...

I believe he could claim 'fair use' with just the audio as long as he's providing his own commentary as well (which he does), but even that could trip him up. He could be in the right, but the NFL could still get him banned and it would take years to get it reversed.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

With the NFL, there's always that possibility. They're extremely miserly where their copyright comes in. They don't play games, even though they play games...

I believe he could claim 'fair use' with just the audio as long as he's providing his own commentary as well (which he does), but even that could trip him up. He could be in the right, but the NFL could still get him banned and it would take years to get it reversed.

He may have to wear headphones.

Just now, BronxEagle said:

He may have to wear headphones.

I'm 99.999999999% positive he's making a good bit of money on his channel, even without the live stream during the games. So if I were him, doing what he does and having the popularity that he has, I'd be a little leery of doing another live stream with any part of the game visible or audible. If they shut him down completely, he'd probably lose anywhere between $10,000 and $15,000 in annual YouTube income.

That's just a guess based on the number of views on his videos and his subscription number, but to make $10,000, he'd only have to average about $28 a day and if he has 1,000 videos making money, that's only an average of almost $0.03 per video per day.

I was just reading about Copyright Strikes on YouTube, and depending on how the NFL did things, Shango may already be suspended from doing live streams for 90 days.

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Has he resurfaced? Would LOVE to see him during/after today's Packers playoff game.

I actually went to his channel after the game and say that he had a live stream, but it had already ended. I don't know if he'll post the video from that or not but I've looked a few times to see if it would show up.

If it does, I'll link it here.

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

His 'after game' video:

I get the optimism on his part.  If the Eagles were in the exact same spot I would be positive' too.  However his mistake could be that he is basically assuming that everything is just going to get better for the Cowboys.  They were pretty lucky on the injury front this year and you just dont know.  Dak could be a top QB in this league for a long time or he could be a flash in the pan (ala Foles in 2013 who had an even better season than Dak this year).  You just don't know...

Basically the overall vibe of this video is "OH GOLLY JEE WE LOST, BUT THEY ARE ROOKIES AND THINGS ARE ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER".  The problem with that is 1.)  You dont know that and 2.) You were 13-3 and the top seed in the playoffs.  Losing in the first playoff match is not good cause 13-3 teams just dont repeat and go 13+ wins again and again.  This was a legit shot for them and they didn't get it done.  Its a very good opportunity wasted.  Trust me I was really worried I would have to put up with Dallas at least getting to the big game.  I would not be able to stomach it.  Us Eagle fans know all about those.

In short...  Opportunity wasted with no guarantee to be in that position next year.

57 minutes ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

I get the optimism on his part.  If the Eagles were in the exact same spot I would be positive' too.

Yeah, but the Panthers were really optimistic coming into 2016 also. The Redskins were really optimistic after Griffin's rookie year too, and in 2005, we were really optimistic. So like you said, you just never know.

7 minutes ago, eaglesfandan said:

His best video was after the 44-6 beatdown lol

I don't know if I've seen that one, is it still in his channel?