Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Shango and The Dallas Cowboys Show

destroying? we are already destroyed, this is what we have pretty much been the last 15-16 seasons. JJ does just enough right to have us around 8-8, and just enough wrong to keep us from being very good.

The talent on that team has been ridiculous over the past few years. I always picked them to be vying for a top spot in the East and they always (thankfully) live way below expectations.

The boys are one head coach away from being scary, but their window is closing fast because of age.

The talent on that team has been ridiculous over the past few years. I always picked them to be vying for a top spot in the East and they always (thankfully) live way below expectations.

The boys are one head coach away from being scary, but their window is closing fast because of age.

well they have been vying for the top spot in the NFCE the last few seasons, pretty much every year except 2010. so I'm not sure they've lived far below that expectation

i also don't think the talent has been ridiculous either. they have a good QB, WR and TE on offense, but much of that is undone by the fact that they have what might be the worst OL in football and it has been that way for the last 3-4 seasons. On defense they have 1 good pass rusher, good LB's and maybe a couple good CB's, but until last year their CB's have been below average, and their safeties have and still do stink. Also there is the troubling fact that some of their best players are injury prone. Carter, Lee, Murray, Dez, Austin, and Romo are constantly injured and missing games..and over the last 3 seasons Ware has been a shell of his former self as the season comes to a close, always getting hurt around week 10 and providing nothing down the stretch

I'm fine with the pick, Bill Polian had some great things to say about him, I just think we should have gotten a 2nd for trading down with San Fran, not a 3rd, and I don't like taking a TE in the 2nd. So after 2 rounds I was irate myself.

people are acting like Dallas had a horrific draft, but their drafted has graded out pretty well nationally compared to all the flack they are getting on here.

Agree with that, especially when you look at what other teams got to trade down less spots. I don't follow college, and don't know anything about him, or anyone else drafted for that matter, but if 4 or 5 years down the road, he's playing well for you guys, no one will care, but if he's a bust, then of course this will come back to haunt them.

Actually Frederick wasn't as big of a reach as BSPN would like people to believe I saw two that had him rated lowere but that's just their opinions as we have ours..here's another viewpoint: By SPORTSDAYDFW.COMSPORTSDAYDFW.COMThe Dallas Morning News

Published: 28 April 2013 09:55 PM

Former Wisconsin coach and current Arkansas coach Bret Bielema joined the Fitzsimmons & Durrett show on ESPN Radio 103.3 FM on Friday to talk about his former player Travis Frederick, who the Cowboys took in the first round of the NFL Draft. Here are some highlights.

On whether Frederick has a nasty streak:

"Unfortunately, he has an extreme nastiness. I had to get on him a few of times. He broke a couple guys’ arms and wrists by throwing them down on the ground and whacking them a little bit after the play, on our own team. … There were a couple players this year in our league, Michigan State, Illinois, had some premier defensive tackles over the years and he took a lot of pride when he had the face-to-face competition with those guys."

We nned a little nasty on this line

When you could have drafted the guy in the second and possibly third round but draft him in the first it's a F up. If the Eagles did this you would give them no mercy(rightfully so) so lets stop with the he wasn't a reach pick. He was a major reach. They could have kept trading back and stockpiling picks and still got him. I am not saying he won't be good but it was insane drafting him in the first when you could have really helped your team by trading back and still getting him.

They sure have a rather loose definition of stellar defense in Dallas. Dez Bryant was killing them.

Now if Defense in Dallas = Bill Callahan and Jason Garrett....sure.

the Dallas defense was pretty good, the Chiefs had a nice drive to start the game, then over the next 9 possessions, had a total of about 130 yards. The problem was a couple turnovers gave the Chiefs a short field twice...and those were the deciding points.

But...they couldn't get the big stop at the end when needed it...typical Dallas.

That last one was great!

His rant when we got Vick back in 2009 was great too, I just wish he was right about his expectations.

That last one was great!

His rant when we got Vick back in 2009 was great too, I just wish he was right about his expectations.

Yeah, so was last year's Seattle rant.

His head probably exploded.

I think he's probably fed up with them falling apart and then taking a lot of ribbing from opposing fans.

It is fun to see him go off like he has, but I can understand that. Anyone that is passionate about their team does that.

It's a shame though, I'd loved to see his video after the Monday Night loss.

That dude is way more entertaining when he's ranting than he is when he takes himself seriously as an analyst.

Yeah, I was hoping for a good rant after last nights game.

I didn't expect a rant, why would he?

This was a game where no one gave Dallas a chance and their 2nd string almost pulled off the upset!

This was a game where no one gave Dallas a chance and their 2nd string almost pulled off the upset!

I gave them a chance. Of course, I'm no one, so...

I like Shango though, he may be a Cowboys fan but he's passionate about his team and I can respect that.

I never said I was expecting a rant. I was just making an observation about the dude's videos in general. I respect his passion, but he's simply not that interesting when he's acting all serious.