Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Shango and The Dallas Cowboys Show

21 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Oh snap Wentz played good and Dak played above average, figured we'd see Eagles fans flying high today.

Dez can't catch anymore. Beasley is overrated. Williams is an idiot. Those 3 players do their job and Dak Prescott had a win along with two TDs like Wentz.

Wentz still looked better as he should. 2nd overall pick vs 4th rounder. Chill Eagle fans chill!

So now 55%, 5 ypa and O is "above average".

Above whose average Ryan Leaf's? :roll:

I thought Dak played ok. You can definitely see some flaws in his game that were not exposed in the preseason. His deep and even intermediate acurracy is questionable. I do like how he goes through his reads though.

The Dallas offense in general is a strange thing to watch even when its working. The scheme is pretty easy to gameplan against. The playcalling does not seem to do a good job of using the strong run game to set up big passes even when its clicking. And when a team does shut down the run like the giants did, they dont know how to adjust to generate offense in another way. 

49 minutes ago, bobeph said:

F yeah, Holmes!  We're going to the SB this year.  What's happening, Ball breath?

Same old sheet. Watching the Giants barely escape against an undermanned Cowboys team. 

As an Eagles fan I was thrilled with Wentz performance, couldn't have asked for much better for a first start, from a kid making the kind of leap he made to the NFL and given he missed most of preseason. All signs were positive. He recovered nicely from poor throws and progressed as the game went on.

Watching Dak you could see he has some issues to work on and needs to improve but a first start from a 4th round pick thrust into a starting role after a rare and surprising Tony Romo injury, Dak managed the game well, made some plays, went through progressions. Yea he had lots of time but absolutely no run game. A fair assessment of his performance is tough because I hate the cowboys but if i was a cowboys fan I would be happy with the start and hope he improves.

1 hour ago, MightyJNC said:

You laugh now, but we all know with the Eagles SB luck and your bad karma, Wentz will have won 0 Super Bowls and Prescott like three 10 years from now.

60% 2 TDs and 6.5 should've been the stat line if Dallas could catch balls. Which is above average given the improvements Giants have made in defense. Sorry we can't all play the Browns week 1.

I didn't watch the entire game yesterday, just bits and pieces here and there but the little that I saw it looked like Prescott did well. Well enough that it made me wonder if Jones would soon euthanize Tony Romo's career the way a race horse owner puts down a lame horse.

The little that I saw of the game, it seemed like it was the defense that killed Dallas.

58 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I thought Dak played ok. You can definitely see some flaws in his game that were not exposed in the preseason. His deep and even intermediate acurracy is questionable. I do like how he goes through his reads though.

The Dallas offense in general is a strange thing to watch even when its working. The scheme is pretty easy to gameplan against. The playcalling does not seem to do a good job of using the strong run game to set up big passes even when its clicking. And when a team does shut down the run like the giants did, they dont know how to adjust to generate offense in another way. 

pretty much, I bished about it a ton in another thread relative to how they used Dez. But your post brought up another pet peeve, even when when run game is working well you'd think they'd run play action off that...nope, they will run 2 TE set, hit some runs off it, then when they want to pass, they run the TE off the field, come in and got 3-4 wides......they have definitive pass personnel and definitive run personnel groups

1 hour ago, MightyJNC said:

Dak was not above average at all. He was average...which is fine for a rookie playing a division opponent...ish, playing anybody making his first start. The good thing is he did not panic, and with the game on the line he actually did what he needed to do. 1min, no timeouts he got them into fg range if not for a boneheaded play by the WR. I bish about them not targeting Dez, but that's from a scheme standpoint, as far as it relates to Dak I thought it was good he did not force the issue, that would have led to a few turnovers.

Dak is never going to be an elite passer that hits 67% of his passes like Wentz has the potential to be. If he reminds me of anyone skill set wise, it's Donovan Mcnabb. Zak, like Mcnabb throws a couple passes a game where you wonder who the f he was throwing to and throws a few passes a little too high, or a little too low. The scout I listen to said he is a slightly better passer than a young Mcnabb, but slightly less dynamic runner. So i think 60% or so will be his goal.

15 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

You are a **** moron, there is not a Dallas fan out there talking SB and never was this year.

Dak played fine, Zeke did not.

Dez gets a whopping 1 catch. If he continues to just take the safe dump offs all season you could be looking at another 4-12 campaign.

33 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

You laugh now, but we all know with the Eagles SB luck and your bad karma, Wentz will have won 0 Super Bowls and Prescott like three 10 years from now.

60% 2 TDs and 6.5 should've been the stat line if Dallas could catch balls. Which is above average given the improvements Giants have made in defense. Sorry we can't all play the Browns week 1.

The Birds wideouts led the league in drops last season and had 4 - 5 more yesterday so cry me another river Nancy.

No only 1 team can play the Browns each week but the Birds did what you're supposed to do to bad teams.  Sorry but I didn't realize the Girls were playing the 84' 49ers yesterday because they were dressed just like the 19 wins in 3 years swamp scrubs.

38 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Dak was not above average at all. He was average...which is fine for a rookie playing a division opponent...ish, playing anybody making his first start. The good thing is he did not panic, and with the game on the line he actually did what he needed to do. 1min, no timeouts he got them into fg range if not for a boneheaded play by the WR. I bish about them not targeting Dez, but that's from a scheme standpoint, as far as it relates to Dak I thought it was good he did not force the issue, that would have led to a few turnovers.

Dak is never going to be an elite passer that hits 67% of his passes like Wentz has the potential to be. If he reminds me of anyone skill set wise, it's Donovan Mcnabb. Zak, like Mcnabb throws a couple passes a game where you wonder who the f he was throwing to and throws a few passes a little too high, or a little too low. The scout I listen to said he is a slightly better passer than a young Mcnabb, but slightly less dynamic runner. So i think 60% or so will be his goal.

Give it a break Stephen. He definitely played above average. He had good poise. Made plays from inside the pocket. Made plays outside of the pocket. The running game was basically 0 effective, it sucked. Remember Romo trying to sling the ball 47 times with no run game? He didn't turn it over. Had a chance at 2 TD's. They were both dropped. Got us in field position to kick a GW FG at the end if T. Williams wasn't a complete moron. Managed the game well. Didn't take a sack. Got rid of the ball when he needed too. Made a few plays with his feet. I want to say he started the game hitting like 10 of his first 11 passes. 

His numbers ended up being very average. But actually watching him play, you could tell he did a lot more good than bad.

28 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Give it a break Stephen. He definitely played above average. He had good poise. Made plays from inside the pocket. Made plays outside of the pocket. The running game was basically 0 effective, it sucked. Remember Romo trying to sling the ball 47 times with no run game? He didn't turn it over. Had a chance at 2 TD's. They were both dropped. Got us in field position to kick a GW FG at the end if T. Williams wasn't a complete moron. Managed the game well. Didn't take a sack. Got rid of the ball when he needed too. Made a few plays with his feet. I want to say he started the game hitting like 10 of his first 11 passes. 

His numbers ended up being very average. But actually watching him play, you could tell he did a lot more good than bad.

you make good points.....like i said, I thought he could have been a little more sharp...for a rookie I can see saying he played above average...like you said, back there, no running game, 3rd and long all day and he was still poised and did not panic.....but overall as a QB, against the rest of the NFL, I don't think he was above avg. Either way, I'm happy with his performance and hope he can further develop.

How about freakin Zeke? Everyone saying this guy is the next Emmit Smith and already penciling him in to rush for 1,700 yards or something stupid. He came out and rushed like 20 times for 50 yards?? HAHA!!!

54 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

How about freakin Zeke? Everyone saying this guy is the next Emmit Smith and already penciling him in to rush for 1,700 yards or something stupid. He came out and rushed like 20 times for 50 yards?? HAHA!!!

He is no Ryan Mathews thats for sure.

I thought Dak did decent all things considered! Looks like we may finally have a more competitive east again down the road! Our division has sucked for too long! 

2 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Somewhere Eric Dickerson is still laughing.

On 9/11/2016 at 5:14 PM, vic92353 said:

That team sucks,  actually both of them do.  Elliott did nothing and so did the great Dak.  And that O line that's suppose to be the best in the NFL sucks too.  God luck this season Dullarse Cowgirl fans.  And I know some of you are still talking sb this year.  But did you watch that game?  

Yes I watched the game. I thought Dak did a decent job. But I was not impressed with the Cowboys. I was more impressed with Victor Cruz out of everyone.

9 hours ago, kmass88 said:

Yes I watched the game. I thought Dak did a decent job. But I was not impressed with the Cowboys. I was more impressed with Victor Cruz out of everyone.

It seemed as though Dak did well at the start.  But when the Giants started pressuring him he looked like a totally different player.  Throwing the ball wherever.  And you can best believe teams are going to tee off on that.  And the nerve of some of the Cowgirls fans claiming Carson Wentz is overrated.  They need to look at Dak,  before making a statement like that.  Wentz received very little or no preseason playing time and STILL did ok.  I know it's early in the season but I think Wentz will get better.  Dak didn't impress me as the game went on. 

I honestly didnt buy into Dak but behind that line, that wr, and rb tandem he has everything in place to be successful. He seems smart with the ball as well...

Dallas will be fine without Romo seems like. Romo is a better qb, but Dak doesn't need to be Arod out there to be successful.

On 9/12/2016 at 11:20 AM, Stephen1 said:

you make good points.....like i said, I thought he could have been a little more sharp...for a rookie I can see saying he played above average...like you said, back there, no running game, 3rd and long all day and he was still poised and did not panic.....but overall as a QB, against the rest of the NFL, I don't think he was above avg. Either way, I'm happy with his performance and hope he can further develop.

so i was having this conversation with my friend today, we tend to see things eye to eye besides the teams we root for. we were talking about dez bryant. i said, i like dez the player. however i do think he is a bit overrated. by that i meant i dont think he is a top 5 wide receiver in the league. i think he is a top 10 WR but people make him out to be in the echelon of julio, antonio brown, odell, aj green when i think he is a notch below those guys. To me i said, if i had to rank the wide receivers in the league right now i would go 1. brown, 2. julio, 3. odell, 4. aj green, 5. josh gordon (when he plays and not suspended he puts up numbers with garbage at wide receiver), 6. deandre hopkins, 7. allen robinson, 8. larry fitzgerald, 9. dez and 10. jordy nelson (when healthy). thoughts?

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

so i was having this conversation with my friend today, we tend to see things eye to eye besides the teams we root for. we were talking about dez bryant. i said, i like dez the player. however i do think he is a bit overrated. by that i meant i dont think he is a top 5 wide receiver in the league. i think he is a top 10 WR but people make him out to be in the echelon of julio, antonio brown, odell, aj green when i think he is a notch below those guys. To me i said, if i had to rank the wide receivers in the league right now i would go 1. brown, 2. julio, 3. odell, 4. aj green, 5. josh gordon (when he plays and not suspended he puts up numbers with garbage at wide receiver), 6. deandre hopkins, 7. allen robinson, 8. larry fitzgerald, 9. dez and 10. jordy nelson (when healthy). thoughts?

I have an almost opposite opinion. Every player on that list, even the ones on bad teams, is used in a more effective fashion than Dez. He is in my 5, with the 4 you listed at the top.