SNOORDA

Aaron Hernandez - Found guilty of First Degree Murder (UPDATE: committed suicide)

If the Pats win the SB this year regardless of this stuff soooooo help me God.. I give up.

Don't worry, they haven't done that since they stopped cheating.

This year will be a true test for the Belichik/Brady duo. Practically no "made" WR's, outside of say Danny Amendola. Gronkowski, with the injury bug. Aaron Hernandez, cut. Interesting to see how this is all managed.

terrell-owens.jpg

I will never understand why these morons put themselves in these hideous positions.

hookers and blow

In a way, Im surprised they flat out released him. I wonder if there's any list that they could have put him on to hold on to his rights. My take is, the Pats through their connections with the PD probably know more than we do at this point and know that idiot has lost his freedom anyway. What a dumb dumb dumb individual. He gets to play a game we all play(ed) for free and for fun and make MILLIONS while doing it and he goes and kills someone. Over what??? Some guy stickn' it to his baby moms. Yea, that's tough to swallow for any man but to kill someone over it??? So not worth it. Rich or not.

Yeah, I would have expected it when he was officially charged. At least pretend that you don't what exactly what is going on inside the local PD.

Guest PolkaDotPants

I believe first is premeditated. Like they went out to the club with the intention of killing him.

I think 2nd degree is murder that was more spur of the moment.

You're right, but let me add that 2nd degree murder is still with the intent of murder but with reckless conditions (i.e. beating a person with a weapon). 1st degree is life imprisonment (up to death penalty depending on where prosecuted) and 2nd degree is 10 years incarcerated up to life.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. The Patriots today proved how professional of an organization they are from top to bottom. This is about more than football and they don't want that image attached to their organization. What is wrong with that?

Yeah, they're so professional and classy that they drafted a guy with huge character concerns and possible gang affiliations and then released him when it became blatantly apparent that he had, at worst, killed a man, or, at best, knowingly destroyed evidence to cover up a murder. Great job Patriots! Nothing but class there.

In a way, Im surprised they flat out released him. I wonder if there's any list that they could have put him on to hold on to his rights. My take is, the Pats through their connections with the PD probably know more than we do at this point and know that idiot has lost his freedom anyway. What a dumb dumb dumb individual. He gets to play a game we all play(ed) for free and for fun and make MILLIONS while doing it and he goes and kills someone. Over what??? Some guy stickn' it to his baby moms. Yea, that's tough to swallow for any man but to kill someone over it??? So not worth it. Rich or not.

Did you hear this somewhere or are you just speculating?

You're right, but let me add that 2nd degree murder is still with the intent of murder but with reckless conditions (i.e. beating a person with a weapon). 1st degree is life imprisonment (up to death penalty depending on where prosecuted) and 2nd degree is 10 years incarcerated up to life.

Is there a 3rd degree murder or is that just called manslaughter?

That's not what it was. He was the boyfriend of Hernandez's baby's mom's sister.

there's nothing concrete on Hernandez. they don't have any solid evidence. if a story came out that police found a gun in his house that matched the bullet that killed this guy, it'd be on every TV in America.

I guess they found some solid concrete.

Innocent till proven guilty ??? Maybe ??

The Patriots are a brand. He doesn't need to be guilty to affect that. And like someone else mentioned, the guy that runs the Pats security team is probably ex or current law enforcement that obtained some info that led to this.

He's going to Jail as a Tight End,

He'll probably come out as a Wide Receiver.

Guest PolkaDotPants

Is there a 3rd degree murder or is that just called manslaughter?

3rd degree can be considered manslaughter. They go hand-in-hand because it's really a catch all types after 2nd degree. There's different types they can hit you with (like murder during a robbery or murder of a law enforcement agent for example).