Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNOORDA

Aaron Hernandez - Found guilty of First Degree Murder (UPDATE: committed suicide)

watching his alligator arms in the Superbowl, I don't know if any fans would try to keep him out of jail.

I have to admit it doesn't help his cause that the Pats cut him, so the jury might not be influenced by his Pats' connection,

Now I haven't seen too many arraignments in my < 30 years, but watching this I couldn't help but feel just utterly disgusted. Coming off a contract extension he was more or less set for life, and we now learn that all those college and early NFL years will be for naught. I can't even imagine the feeling of knowing that last night might be the last time in a while I slept and woke up free in the comfort of my own home. smh

Yeah it must have been a surreal week. I wonder how much sleep he got during the week. Based on his court demeanor I imagine not much different than usual. No sympathy for him of course. Just find it interesting.

Career probably over. Daughter raised by single mother. Probably going to be in debt because ue was probably living of the money he was expecting to make. Why? Killed another man and threw his entire life away at the same time.

Was it a personal issue? Was it something with the girlfriends? Did he know something through the girlfriends that he tried to use against Hernandez?

This is so awesome. Now with AH going to prison and Gronkowski injury prone, the Eagles have a ton of leverage over the Patriots since we are the only team in the league with talented TEs they need. Celek & Harbor for a couple 1st round picks :groovy:

I'll give the Pats credit for just washing their hands of him. That arraignment was surreal. Add to that all of the nonsense he'e reportedly been involved in recently and you wonder just how stupid he must be. New baby, new contract, prime of his career and then he does something like this. Thug at heart I guess.

What a horrible day for Hernandez. But really a horrible and sad tragedy for Odin Lloyd's family. Hope that they get the justice that they deserve. Though it won't bring back their son and brother. :(

What a horrible day for Hernandez. But really a horrible and sad tragedy for Odin Lloyd's family. Hope that they get the justice that they deserve. Though it won't bring back their son and brother. :(

This.

True. Speaking for myself my fascination with the case doesn't make light of Odin's murder; it's just amazing how stupendously capricious these so called NFL role models can be.

this guy was f'ed the day they found the body. His last greatest F up will be that he stuck with his story instead of coming clean

he probably could have tried to pin this on his buddies, instead he waited around thinking it would all blow over. Meanwhile, his buddies were telling police all about how Hernandez was the kingpin, the mastermind and the executioner.

He is beyond done.

I'll give the Pats credit for just washing their hands of him. That arraignment was surreal. Add to that all of the nonsense he'e reportedly been involved in recently and you wonder just how stupid he must be. New baby, new contract, prime of his career and then he does something like this. Thug at heart I guess.

Having grown up in that environment and gotten into my share of legal "difficulties", I know a thug when I see one. And this dude is just that. He's gonna try and seem legit in court but his brovado won't let him. He will ultimately convict himself.

True. Speaking for myself my fascination with the case doesn't make light of Odin's murder; it's just amazing how stupendously capricious these so called NFL role models can be.

Disclaimer: as much as I hated the look of Hernandez during the arraignment he's innocent until proven guilty.

Not that it justifies anything, but I get the feeling Odin was a thug into some pretty bad stuff as well. Maybe he fouled up a deal real bad, who knows...how they dupped him out into a field at night I have no idea.

If he's really guilty, then it's a shame. 23 years old, talented player, bright future completely pissed away. And even if he's not guilty his career is, at the least, majorly set back if not ruined entirely.

All this goes to show that in this world of instant updates and ubiquitous cameras there is little you can do that won't be brought to light. I mean when the prosecution can claim to know the exact brand and flavor of bubble gum the accused was chewing you know things aren't as easy as you thought they'd be.

All this goes to show that in this world of instant updates and ubiquitous cameras there is little you can do that won't be brought to light. I mean when the prosecution can claim to know the exact brand and flavor of bubble gum the accused was chewing you know things aren't as easy as you thought they'd be.

They said that???

They said that???

Operative words is claim, but they did collect DNA from him before/after (IDK) the arraignment. Blue bubblicious bubble gum is the brand and flavor they claim either he or one of his associates was chewing in case you were wondering.