SNOORDA

Aaron Hernandez - Found guilty of First Degree Murder (UPDATE: committed suicide)

Mods can you merge all the AR threads? A bunch of tards thought it was a good idea to create one for every update on the situation.

Mods can you merge all the AR threads? A bunch of tards thought it was a good idea to create one for every update on the situation.

AR threads? What did Andy do now?

AH dropped so far in the draft due to his character issues. Pats took a risk and its really fiting them hard now.

He was released but the pats name and logo will be plaastered on all news channels for a long time in connexion w/ this "mafia hit" style murder. This is a horrible. For the pats and the owner. Players are going to be bugged nonstop my media.

Pats seasons in the tank. I dont care how good brady/bb are

The nfl is in panic mood too. To many players doing stupid sheete. Too many thugs. Media is going to make a stink of it.

Goodell must be freaking out right now. Expect some serious harsh/strict changes in nfl policy for players off field antics.

Disclaimer: as much as I hated the look of Hernandez during the arraignment he's innocent until proven guilty.

You don't really believe that BS judicial system talk do you? Charged for murder 1 and locked up without parole basically means guilty until proven innocent.

You don't really believe that BS judicial system talk do you? Charged for murder 1 and locked up without parole basically means guilty until proven innocent.

I agree. I think Hernandez kinda looked like "Odin got what he deserved, I did the right thing" through the arraignment. OR, in the case of a real crazy has convinced himself he is innocent in this whole thing. Then lastly, I just signed a 40 million dollar contract i'm invincible I can beat this.

That picture was when he still was in college too? (at least thats what i'm hearing) what an idiot

I agree. I think Hernandez kinda looked like "Odin got what he deserved, I did the right thing" through the arraignment. OR, in the case of a real crazy has convinced himself he is innocent in this whole thing. Then lastly, I just signed a 40 million dollar contract i'm invincible I can beat this.

On contracts:

tom-brady-mad-o.gif

Laughing....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/patriots-release-aaron-hernandez-significant-salary-cap-financial-154044125.html

From a salary cap perspective, Hernandez was scheduled to count $4.073 million against the Patriots' salary cap this season. That figure was comprised of a $1.323 million in fully guaranteed base salary, up to $118,000 in "per game" roster bonuses, an $82,000 workout bonus and $2.55 million in signing bonus proration. The "per game" roster bonuses are non-guaranteed and long gone, which leaves signing bonus proration ($2.5 million from last year's signing bonus plus $50,000 from his 2010 signing bonus) and the workout bonus. There have been conflicting media reports about the level of protection the Patriots received regarding the $2.46 million in fully guaranteed base salary that Hernandez was due over the 2013 and 2014 seasons. An arrest might void those guarantees, but Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported last week that the clauses doing so are not present.

Because the release of Hernandez occurs after June 1, the cap hit will be spread over the 2013 and 2014 seasons. Here's the annual breakdown:

2013: If the base salary guarantees in the contract do void, Hernandez will have a $2.632 million cap figure, a cap savings of $1.441 million for the Patriots. If the base salary guarantees — $1.323 million in 2013 and $1.137 million in 2014 — do not void, Hernandez will count $5.092 million against this year's cap, an increase of $1.019 million.

2014: The final three years of signing bonus proration — $7.5 million — are scheduled to accelerate onto the team's 2014 cap.

According to salary cap data maintained by "Shutdown Corner," the Patriots were $8.33 million under their adjusted cap number of $129.152 million for the 2013 season. The Patriots could eventually receive cap credits if they successfully recover portions of Hernandez's signing bonus, which is where the financial aspect of Wednesday's release comes in.

Hernandez received a $12.5 million signing bonus from the Patriots last August. Of that, $6 million was paid out immediately, $3.25 million was paid on March 31, 2013, and the remaining $3.25 million was scheduled to be paid on March 31, 2014. $2.5 million of that bonus applied to the team's 2012 salary cap, so $10 million is the most the Patriots could recover from last summer's signing bonus.

By releasing Hernandez, however, the Patriots may have made it more difficult for them to recoup any of the bonus money they've paid to him over the last four seasons.

Patriots will pay him 2.5 million to sit in jail while the lawyers fight this out :roll:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000213873/article/examining-aaron-hernandezs-new-england-patriots-contract

(this reported last week)

In almost all situations, when an NFL player is suspended, he forfeits all of the future guarantees in his contract. Even if a signing bonus or base salary is guaranteed for skill, injury and salary cap, a "failure to perform" or "failure to practice" clause makes those guarantees null and void.

In a surprising twist, this appears not to be the case with the five-year, $40-million extension signed by New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez in August of 2012. Upon close reading of his contract language -- and after confirming the development with an expert -- the "failure to perform" or "failure to practice" clause that appears in similar Patriots extensions is not present. This means Hernandez might be able to keep nearly $2.5 million of the deal, even if legal troubles prevented him from taking the field.

This could have a serious effect on Hernandez if he is ever suspended by the Patriots or the league for his connection to an ongoing homicide investigation in North Attleboro, Mass.

Exactly what does this mean?

According to his amended contract, Hernandez is guaranteed a total of $16 million. Of that, $9.25 million in a signing bonus already has been paid, with the final $3.25 million due in March 2014.

The rest of it comes in guaranteed base salaries for the 2013 and 2014 seasons, along with $1 million total guarantees in workout bonuses for the 2014 and 2015 offseasons. According to Paragraph 32(d) of his amended contract, the workout bonus is "null and void" if the player fails to report.

That "failure to report" clause is the one not present in the sections for his base salaries. In almost all other contracts, it would be.

That means, even if he is suspended or unable to report for any reason, the Patriots still might be on the hook for $1.323 million in 2013 and $1.137 million in 2014. It's unclear why the "failure to perform" or "failure to practice" clause is not present in Hernandez's contract.

Thanks to the missing clause, Hernandez might be able to keep monies that normally would have been voided even if he's not able to practice or play. For instance, the NFL recently won a grievance to show a suspended player's guarantee was no longer guaranteed after a suspension of four games.

Hernandez's deal does have offsets. If he's eventually cut and another team signs him, his new salary would cut into the $2.5 million he's guaranteed to be paid by the Patriots.

Neither Hernandez's representatives at Athletes First nor members of the Patriots administration were available for comment.

Follow Ian Rapoport on Twitter @RapSheet.

My bet is that there is a 4 way fight:

Fiance with child wants the money

Attorney representing him in criminal court wants the money

Attorney representing the legitimacy of the money wants the money

patriots want the money

And hernandez wants canteen allowance and cigarettes

I got the same impression after watching the arraignment tape. Just looked real smug and cocky. Either thinking the guy got what he deserved or he'll beat this thing with his money.

Im trying not to pass too much judgement until all the facts come out but my early impressions are I hope this has a horrible existance for the remainder of his life.

Sadly whats probably going to happen is with his money he's going to run the prison he'll be sent to, he'll control most of the drugs going into the prison and pretty much have anything he needs. And no doubt with his status as a celebrety he'll be in seg and wont have to deal with all the thugs in population.

I got the same impression after watching the arraignment tape. Just looked real smug and cocky. Either thinking the guy got what he deserved or he'll beat this thing with his money.

Im trying not to pass too much judgement until all the facts come out but my early impressions are I hope this has a horrible existance for the remainder of his life.

Sadly whats probably going to happen is with his money he's going to run the prison he'll be sent to, he'll control most of the drugs going into the prison and pretty much have anything he needs. And no doubt with his status as a celebrety he'll be in seg and wont have to deal with all the thugs in population.

Judge awards money for child support for the 8 month old child and then the attorney for the fiance and teh attorney for the defense fight it out for the monies "if any" my guess being about 2.5 million after liquidation of assets and anything the guy with the shot-out eye might get in a judgement, (which would follow and be second to the child support ruling) so that guy is screwed also

My bet is that there is a 4 way fight:

Fiance with child wants the money

Attorney representing him in criminal court wants the money

Attorney representing the legitimacy of the money wants the money

patriots want the money

And hernandez wants canteen allowance and cigarettes

Two words: wrongful death. The Lloyd family could file such a suit against Hernandez.

Two words: wrongful death. The Lloyd family could file such a suit against Hernandez.

Damn your right..

k-bigpic.gif

The attorneys get it all in the long run~

My bet is that the fastest judgement will go to the child support unless the assets are frozen which seems unlikely as the assets are legitimate

the fiance has first dibs on the money and might not want to spend it on a defense if she knows he is guilty, she might throw him under the bus for the money

aaron-hernandez-girlfriend_thumb.jpg

A wedding could shield Hernandez’s fiancée from testifying

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/a-wedding-could-shield-hernandezs-fiancee-from-testifying/

The lengthy summary of evidence from prosecutor Bill McCauley on Thursday included an allegation that Aaron Hernandez’s fiancée initially was cooperating with police. But then, per McCauley, Hernandez called and told her to stop talking to the police. She complied.

This raises an important question as the case unfolds. If Hernandez and his fiancée get married before trial, will she be able to refuse to testify against her husband?

Under Massachusetts law, the answer is yes. “A spouse shall not be compelled to testify in the trial of an indictment, complaint, or other criminal proceeding brought against the other spouse,” the law states regarding the concept of the spousal privilege.

Massachusetts law also recognizes the concept of spousal disqualification, which prevents a spouse from testifying about communications occurring during the marriage — even if the spouse wants to.

And so, if Hernandez and his fiancée get married, she can refuse under Massachusetts law to testify.

There’s also a chance, albeit slim, that Hernandez and his fiancée can claim to have a common-law marriage. Application of the spousal privilege would be far cleaner, however, if Hernandez and his fiancée get married.

That picture was when he still was in college too? (at least thats what i'm hearing) what an idiot

He was 19 at the time.

AH dropped so far in the draft due to his character issues. Pats took a risk and its really fiting them hard now.

He was released but the pats name and logo will be plaastered on all news channels for a long time in connexion w/ this "mafia hit" style murder. This is a horrible. For the pats and the owner. Players are going to be bugged nonstop my media.

Pats seasons in the tank. I dont care how good brady/bb are

The nfl is in panic mood too. To many players doing stupid sheete. Too many thugs. Media is going to make a stink of it.

Goodell must be freaking out right now. Expect some serious harsh/strict changes in nfl policy for players off field antics.

AH while a good TE was not the key to their success...The Key is having a top QB in the NFL, great coach who can plug players in and get the same results, they won 3 SB's without quality receivers in the past, so I don't think this specific loss is that horrible...Plus they play in the weakest division in the NFL this is still a 10 win team in a division that will be lucky to have another team win 8.

:lol: @ people who still believe that state prison is a bunch of guys a** raping each other 24 hours a day.

Same type of people who think you're gonna get mugged and shot for going into the city