Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNOORDA

Aaron Hernandez - Found guilty of First Degree Murder (UPDATE: committed suicide)

Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey was served with a subpoena by Massachusetts State Police at Gillette Stadium on Sunday afternoon, as first reported by Sports Illustrated’s Pete Thamel and Greg Bedard. The subpoena is related to the investigation of former New England Patriots tight endAaron Hernandez's connections to interstate gun trafficking, according to an unnamed SI source.

Citing unnamed Dolphins sources, Albert Breer of NFL.com also reported thatPouncey had been served with a subpoena outside the visitors' locker room on Sunday after the Patriots defeated the Dolphins 27-17 in Foxborough, Mass. Breer reported that the subpoena doesn't necessarily mean Pouncey is "is being implicated in any wrongdoing." Similarly, the Sports Illustrated report indicated authorities view Pouncey "as a material witness who could advance their case against Hernandez."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/28/mike-pouncey-aaron-hernan_n_4168697.html

Guest PolkaDotPants

Yeah, I'm sure the moron rocking a "free Hernadez" hat is going to be really cooperative and helpful to the investigation.

It doesn't seem like they need him at this point. I understand that this isn't in regards to the homicide case, but still...

Both Pouncey's are thugs. They've made that perfectly clear at this point. Mike Pouncey will cooperate or they will find a way to land him in jail just like Hernandez.

Conn. woman with ties to Aaron Hernandez dies

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/conn-woman-ties-aaron-hernandez-210800264--spt.html

By PAT EATON-ROBB (Associated Press) 43 minutes ago

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) -- Police are investigating the death of a 27-year-old woman with ties to Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots player charged with murder.

Tabitha Perry was found unconscious and not breathing inside a Southington home. She died Monday.

Perry, of Bristol, survived a car accident in June that killed Hernandez's friend Thaddeus Singleton III. Police say she and Singleton, who was married to Hernandez's cousin, had a child together.

The state medical examiner's office said Tuesday that Perry's death required further study, and police said they were waiting for the results of toxicology tests.

''There were no suspicious circumstances found at the time of the investigation,'' Sgt. Jeffry Dobratz said in a release.

Hernandez, who grew up in Bristol, is charged with murder in the shooting death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, whose body was found June 17 not far from Hernandez's mansion in North Attleborough, Mass. He has pleaded not guilty.

Several people with ties to Hernandez have died in the past six months.

Robert Valentine, a brother of Aaron Hernandez's mother, died in a crash in August. Singleton died June 30 when the car he and Perry were in went off a road in Farmington, went airborne and became lodged inside a country club building.

Police have ruled that both crashes were accidents.

Investigators have said that Singleton introduced Hernandez to Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz, the two other defendants facing charges in Lloyd's death.

Wallace and Ortiz spent time living in the home of Singleton's wife, Tanya, according to police. The men returned to that house, which is owned by another Hernandez uncle, after Lloyd was killed, according to court filings.

Tanya Singleton was indicted in September on charges of criminal contempt and conspiracy to commit accessory after the fact in the Lloyd shooting.

Another relative of Thaddeus Singleton III, John Alcorn, testified in September before a Hernandez-related grand jury in Massachusetts. Alcorn, whose nickname is ''Chicago,'' is the man mentioned in a Massachusetts police report in June as the possible owner of a .38-caliber gun seized from a car after an accident in Springfield, Mass.

Authorities have been investigating whether Hernandez is linked to a 2012 double homicide in Boston that reportedly involved a .38-caliber gun.

While investigating Lloyd's death, police searched the home where Singleton lived in Bristol and found an SUV rented in Hernandez's name that was wanted in connection with those killings.

This is turning into a MOB movie. All these people are getting whacked that are involved with Hernandez.

it reminds me of the scene in goodfellas when bodies start showing up with the piano exit of Layla is playing in the background

BRISTOL, CONN.

Former football star Aaron Hernandez “may have been the shooter” in a drive-by shooting in Boston in 2012 that left two men dead and another wounded, according to newly released court documents.

The assertion is contained in a search warrant affidavit, filed in late June, that allowed detectives to examine a Toyota 4Runner that investigators believe Hernandez was driving the morning Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado were gunned down at a stoplight.

Investigators believe the 4Runner, which Hernandez obtained from a Rhode Island auto dealership in exchange for promotional work, was involved in the incident, according to the warrant, which was unsealed this morning.

“There is also probable cause to believe that Aaron Hernandez was operating the suspect vehicle used in the shooting homicides of Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado, and may have been the shooter,” a detective wrote in the warrant.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/aaron-hernandez-may-have-been-shooter-in-2012-boston-killings-011614

I was reading an article on how they denied hernandez a reques to watch the Patriot game last week. Other inmates were watching the games. But because of his celeb status, he isn't allowed with gegeneral population. he has 3 (1) hour sessions outside his cell to go to small gated outdoors pin where he can do push up sand sit ups and thats it. 21 hrs a day 7 days a week in a cell by himself.

Dude is still awaiting his trail. I would think they would have built his case already and gone to trial. Whats the hold up? Anyone know what the hold up is?

I was reading an article on how they denied hernandez a reques to watch the Patriot game last week. Other inmates were watching the games. But because of his celeb status, he isn't allowed with gegeneral population. he has 3 (1) hour sessions outside his cell to go to small gated outdoors pin where he can do push up sand sit ups and thats it. 21 hrs a day 7 days a week in a cell by himself.

Dude is still awaiting his trail. I would think they would have built his case already and gone to trial. Whats the hold up? Anyone know what the hold up is?

The incredibly slow court system?

It's a trip how the NFL has put a gag order on anyone talking about him. The other day Shannon Sharp made a comment about how the Patroits have done so well without Gronk and then he mentioned Hernandez and he kinda gave the impression that he had just slipped up by mentioning his name. The other guys in studio had a "no comment" look on their face too.

Well people are ending up dead, so they could still be building a case, looking for the murder weapon from the Odin case, um like someone else said, the slow a** court system. I do remember hearing on TV that his trial probably wouldn't happen until 2014, so I'm sure it's just the process.

Well people are ending up dead, so they could still be building a case, looking for the murder weapon from the Odin case, um like someone else said, the slow a** court system. I do remember hearing on TV that his trial probably wouldn't happen until 2014, so I'm sure it's just the process.

I would think the other cases are separate and he could be brought up on those charges after they nail him for this one which is almost as open and closed as it gets.

I don't see why they need the gun from the Odin murder but it would be nice.

I wonder how much media attention this will get once the trial starts? How many Patriot players/coaches will be called in to testify if any. The Patriots name will be brought up several times in court I'm sure and that's going to drive Kraft nuts. He doesn't want his team connected to this in any way (obviously)and made that clear right off the bat.

Another thing. I'm sure the NFL would love for this trial to happen during the off-season and would influence that to happen if they had the ability to.