SNOORDA

Aaron Hernandez - Found guilty of First Degree Murder (UPDATE: committed suicide)

I wonder how much media attention this will get once the trial starts? How many Patriot players/coaches will be called in to testify if any.

If Bellacheat is on the stand, do you think he will give one word answers.

I was reading an article on how they denied hernandez a reques to watch the Patriot game last week. Other inmates were watching the games. But because of his celeb status, he isn't allowed with gegeneral population. he has 3 (1) hour sessions outside his cell to go to small gated outdoors pin where he can do push up sand sit ups and thats it. 21 hrs a day 7 days a week in a cell by himself.

Dude is still awaiting his trail. I would think they would have built his case already and gone to trial. Whats the hold up? Anyone know what the hold up is?

Murder trials take a long time in the court system. The bigger the case, the longer it will drag out. It could be years before this is settled.

I was reading an article on how they denied hernandez a reques to watch the Patriot game last week. Other inmates were watching the games. But because of his celeb status, he isn't allowed with gegeneral population. he has 3 (1) hour sessions outside his cell to go to small gated outdoors pin where he can do push up sand sit ups and thats it. 21 hrs a day 7 days a week in a cell by himself.

Dude is still awaiting his trail. I would think they would have built his case already and gone to trial. Whats the hold up? Anyone know what the hold up is?

Honestly, this is my biggest problem with the justice system in situations like this. How can a guy be innocent yet sit in jail without trial or bail for a yr or whatever?

I understand people don't want possible murderers out on the st but suppose a guy is acquitted. It's just like "whoops sorry"? lol Seems kind of messed up.

I mean not all cases are as seemingly easy to solve as this one.

Honestly, this is my biggest problem with the justice system in situations like this. How can a guy be innocent yet sit in jail without trial or bail for a yr or whatever?

I understand people don't want possible murderers out on the st but suppose a guy is acquitted. It's just like "whoops sorry"? lol Seems kind of messed up.

I mean not all cases are as seemingly easy to solve as this one.

That's what bail is for. If evidence seems overwhelming and the guy has the resources to take off and disappear then the judge has no choice. Think about it... who'd be stupid enough to stay in the country if they were guilty? The truth of the matter is most people who commit crimes are back on the street because they are able to post bail/bond. But with this case I'm sure the judge denied that right as he was a risk to run and/or commit another crime. I'll take the trade-off of keeping a small few of innocent people in jail during the hearing and trial process if that means we don't let guilty ones go.

Most states have compensation statutes for those few times that innocent people are wrongly incarcerated. This is as fair as you can make it. Now, there is certainly a separate debate to be had about whether they are compensated enough.

Now, if we are talking about the death penalty that is another story. That is a real problem with the justice system.

The fairly significant legal portfolio of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez could be growing by a case. Or two.

According to TMZ, Hernandez attacked another inmate in the Bristol County Jail on Tuesday. Per the report, Hernandez “beat the guy up pretty good.” (Rocky Balboa apparently was reporting from the scene.)

Hernandez normally remains apart from other inmates, ostensibly for his own protection. It was the other inmate who needed the protection.

TMZ explains that the other inmate had been jawing all day with Hernandez. And then, coincidentally, the same inmate who was jawing with Hernandez was in a hallway where Hernandez happened to be walking.

It’s funny how thing like that sometimes work out.

Jail officials have not yet confirmed the reported attack by Hernandez, who is imprisoned without bail in connection with the alleged murder of Odin Lloyd.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/25/report-aaron-hernandez-attacks-another-inmate-in-jail/

I'm starting to think the Hernandez guy may be bad news...

What gave it away??

They better not drop the ball on this case because he doesn't seem smart enough to say "I just got away with murder. I better stop with all the murdering."

They better not drop the ball on this case because he doesn't seem smart enough to say "I just got away with murder. I better stop with all the murdering."

Low blow bringing Vick into this with your dropping the ball cheap shot

Sounds to me like the guards set the other guy up to get a beating from AH ala Jeffrey Dahmer getting killed in jail.

per the article on ESPN homepage... the altercation occurred when Hernandez was out of his and he guy he attacked was restrained... Classy Aaron

Sounds to me like the guards set the other guy up to get a beating from AH ala Jeffrey Dahmer getting killed in jail.

Happens a lot actually.

If he is actually guilty of these crimes, I couldn't care less if he is executed via gang beating ala Opie on Sons of Anarchy. But until he is convicted, this 21 hours per day of solitary truly is cruel and unusual punishment. They should have a larger area for people like him or at least give him the option to be in general population of a minimum security prison. I do think this 21 hours per day of solitary is their way of trying to break him for confession. I'd like to think that due to my solitary personality and meditation that I'd be able to handle 21/7/365 in a box but I can't honestly say that I'd be able to hold out on a confession to something I didn't do. NOT saying Hernandez didn't do what he is accused of in this case.

Has anyone that's been following this case read anything that makes you question whether or not he was actually involved in the murders? Possible he got caught up in helping covering up actions of his friends? Lastly, does Mass have the death penalty and if so, injection or electric chair?

Happens a lot actually.

That is absolutely true. My close friend worked as activities coordinator in a Kansas prison for a few years and he says the guards absolutely set up situations where inmates can beat down prisoners convicted of especially egregious crimes and sometimes just to get two guys with a beef to fight it out and let it be over with, often times with bets on the fight. In fact this was the primary reason my friend did all he could to get out of that job, he wanted nothing to do with that kind of crap.

If he is actually guilty of these crimes, I couldn't care less if he is executed via gang beating ala Opie on Sons of Anarchy. But until he is convicted, this 21 hours per day of solitary truly is cruel and unusual punishment. They should have a larger area for people like him or at least give him the option to be in general population of a minimum security prison. I do think this 21 hours per day of solitary is their way of trying to break him for confession. I'd like to think that due to my solitary personality and meditation that I'd be able to handle 21/7/365 in a box but I can't honestly say that I'd be able to hold out on a confession to something I didn't do. NOT saying Hernandez didn't do what he is accused of in this case.

Typically, confessions come within the first few hours after arrest when you're nervous, panicking, and the investigators give you an out "The gun accidentally went off." "You didn't REALLY mean to shoot this guy, right?"

Once you've been in jail for months and hired a billion dollar team of lawyers to craft a story for you, your path is usually set in stone. At this point, it's a bit late for the accused to say, "ALRIGHT I DID IT."

Guest PolkaDotPants

It's not unusual for cases to go on for an abundant amount of time. Considering the state is actively trying to tie Hernandez's involvement in previous criminal cases into the Odin Lloyd case, it wouldn't surprise me if the trial started towards the end of the year. I'm also assuming there will be a few continuances before the trial ever starts.

Aaron Hernandez continues to run into trouble -- even while incarcerated in Connecticut.

According to a press release from the Bristol County District Attorney's Office, the former New England Patriots tight end was indicted Thursday afternoon by a grand jury on charges of assault and battery, and threats to do bodily harm.

The charges result from an alleged assault that took place on Feb. 25 inside the Bristol County House of Corrections in Dartmouth, as well as an alleged threat made inside the same facility on Nov. 1 of last year.

Per WCVB-TV in Boston, Andrew Booker, the inmate whom Hernandez allegedly assaulted, allegedly engaged in a verbal confrontation with Hernandez. The two men subsequently encountered each other in a hallway, which led to the altercation in question. Booker was released from jail in April.

The Fall River Justice Center has yet to set an arraignment date. Hernandez is currently being held without bail at the Dartmouth jail after pleading not guilty last September to six charges including first-degree murder in the killing of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old Boston man.

http://www.nfl.com/n...house-incidents

Im gonna lol so much when he gets his life sentence... Than again he fits in nicely, almost like he belongs in prison, soon to be boinking some mans corn holes.

Yeah this guy isn't making a good case to come back to the NFL. Wasted life

FYP

It really is unbelievable. He was being paid, lets just admit it, an obscene amount of money to play a game and he threw it all away. He had gotten a dream life and wasted it. The lack of just basic intelligence some of these guys have is baffling.

When keeping it real goes wrong