Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNOORDA

Aaron Hernandez - Found guilty of First Degree Murder (UPDATE: committed suicide)

Sounds to me like the guards set the other guy up to get a beating from AH ala Jeffrey Dahmer getting killed in jail.

its like my grandpa tells me

"I never laid a finger on anyone, I arrested the bad guys and promptly put them in the car......just sometimes I forgot to open the door first"

(CNN) -- Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez -- already charged in the 2013 slaying of a semipro football player -- is expected to be indicted Thursday in connection with a 2012 Boston double homicide, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the case said.

A grand jury had been looking into whether Hernandez played a role in the drive-by shooting that killed Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado in July 2012, according to law enforcement sources. Authorities said Abreu and Furtado were in a BMW outside a Boston nightclub when they were shot.

That 2012 shooting is separate from a 2013 killing in which Hernandez, 24, was arrested and charged last summer.

It first became public that Hernandez was suspected in the Boston murders when documents were unsealed in court January.

In Those records, it is suggested Hernandez was the triggerman in Abreu and Furtado's killings.

"There is ... probable cause to believe that Aaron Hernandez was operating the suspect vehicle used in the shooting homicides ... and may have been the shooter," reads a June 2013 warrant that was part of the unsealed batch of records.

The warrant was used to search a Toyota 4Runner linked to Hernandez that, according to court documents, witnesses saw at the scene of the crime. The warrant gave permission to search for gun residue on the SUV, which was recovered at Hernandez's uncle's home in Bristol, Connecticut.

In search warrant affidavits, investigators have said Hernandez and another man later identified as Alexander Bradley followed Abreu and Furtado into the club.

The former star football player and Bradley are seen on security cameras together inside Cure and also driving an SUV that had been following Abreu and Furtado when they left the club, according to court papers. Witnesses said that the SUV sped away after multiple shots were fired at the BMW.

In February, the Abreu and Furtado families filed a wrongful death lawsuits against Hernandez, with each family seeking $6 million.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/15/justice/aaron-hernandez-indictment/index.html

so is there a chance he may face the death penalty if he's responsible for 3 murders?

I don't think Mass has the death penalty, could be wrong though

I don't think Mass has the death penalty, could be wrong though

You're right they don't, they're charging Tsarnaev with the death penalty, but that's on the Federal level.

You're right they don't, they're charging Tsarnaev with the death penalty, but that's on the Federal level.

always wondered.... wtf is going on with that dbag? anything new?

always wondered.... wtf is going on with that dbag? anything new?

The latest
BOSTON —Text messages show Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev joking with a friend not to text him hours after the FBI released Tsarnaev's photo as a suspect in the deadly attack.

Dias Kadyrbayev texted Tsarnaev shortly after the FBI publicly released photos of Tsarnaev and his brother as suspects in the 2013 attack.

Tsarnaev responded that he had seen the news, then texted, "Better not text me my friend," then "Lol."

In another text, Tsarnaev told Kadyrbayev he could go to his room and "take what's there" followed by a smiley face.

Some of the messages had been released previously, but a complete transcript of Kadyrbayev's text messages in the days after the bombing was released by prosecutors Thursday.

Kadyrbayev and another friend, Azamat Tazhayakov, are accused of removing a backpack containing fireworks and a laptop from Tsarnaev's dorm room at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth several days after the bombings. A third friend, Robel Phillipos, is accused of lying to investigators.

None of the men are accused of participating in the bombing or knowing about it ahead of time.

Tazhayakov and Phillipos declined to testify this week during a hearing over statements they made during questioning by federal agents. U.S. District Judge Douglas Woodlock said Thursday he would not throw out their statements.

Kadyrbayev had been expected to testify Friday, but Woodlock said that will be postponed until after testimony from an expert witness.

The judge did not rule on Kadyrbayev's request to suppress statements he made to investigators; his suppression hearing is expected to resume in two weeks.

Prosecutors and the men's attorneys are arguing over whether the statements were voluntary and can be used as evidence in the upcoming trials. Prosecutors have said the men willingly spoke to federal agents after being told of their right to remain silent and to contact a lawyer. Kadyrbayev's lawyer, Robert Stahl, has argued that his client, who is from Kazakhstan, did not have a complete command of the English language and did not fully understand the waiver forms he signed.

Also on Thursday, prosecutors disclosed that a lawyer claiming to represent the friends called the state police barracks while they were being questioned, but the men were never told about the call.

In the court filing, prosecutors said a state trooper took a call from a man who identified himself as an attorney and said he didn't want the men answering any questions. The trooper said he told a federal agent about the call, a conversation Kadyrbayev's lawyer argues should have triggered "numerous legal consequences" that mean the statements should be suppressed.

The filing included an email exchange from Wednesday between the trooper and one of the agents who questioned Kadyrbayev. According to the trooper, the lawyer said he was contacted by the state's public defender agency and told to call the barracks.

The trooper said he "had no idea whether the caller was an actual attorney or some crackpot who was calling due to the media coverage."

The trooper said he told the attorney that one of the agents had just told him that Kadyrbayev, who was being questioned at the time, had been "cooperative and had agreed to speak with them of his own free will."

In their filing, prosecutors say agents involved in the questioning recalled being told of the conversation "after the defendants had made all the admissions they made that night regarding entering Tsarnaev's dorm room and removing items."

Two bombs placed near the finish line of the April 2013 marathon killed three people and injured more than 260. Tsarnaev has pleaded not guilty to 30 federal charges and is awaiting trial in November. His brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, also a suspect in the bombings, died following a shootout with police several days later.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/text-messages-show-marathon-bombing-suspect-joking/26006058#!NSNer

thanks..

after all this time and thats it!?

No problem. Yeah our justice system moves at a snails pace. Hopefully he'll get the needle soon, even though that's too good for him.

BOSTON -- Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez gunned down two men he did not know in their car because one of them bumped into him while dancing at a Boston nightclub, spilling his drink, prosecutors said in court Wednesday.

Hernandez pleaded not guilty in Suffolk Superior Court to seven charges in the 2012 shootings that left Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado dead. A third man was wounded.

Hernandez attorney Charles Rankin objected, saying the prosecutor's account of the shootings was an attempt to poison the jury pool. Clerk Magistrate Gary Wilson dismissed the objection.

A family member of one of the victims sobbed loudly as Hernandez entered his not guilty plea.

Prosecutor Patrick Haggan said that in the months leading up the shootings, Hernandez had become increasingly convinced that people "had been testing, trying or otherwise disrespecting him when he frequented nightclubs in the area."

Haggan told the court Hernandez and a friend drove from Connecticut to Boston that night to go to a nightclub called Cure. They were standing at the edge of the dance floor when de Abreu accidentally bumped into Hernandez, smiled at him and did not apologize, according to prosecutors.

Haggan said Hernandez became agitated and told his friend that de Abreu had deliberately bumped him, though neither the victims nor club staff knew Hernandez was upset.

Hernandez and his friend left and went to another club, and Hernandez was convinced de Abreu and his friends had followed them, according to Haggan. The prosecutor said there was no evidence the other men had left Cure.

Haggan said Hernandez drove around until he saw de Abreu, Furtado and their friends going to their car and followed them, pulling up alongside them as they stopped at a red light and opening fire.

Hernandez leaned out the driver's side, said "Yo, what's up now?" followed by a racial slur, then fired at least five shots into the car, killing de Abreu and Furtado, Haggan said.

Hernandez, 24, already faces charges in the 2013 slaying of semipro football player Odin Lloyd. He was released by the Patriots last summer after his arrest in Lloyd's shooting death.

Lloyd's body was found in an industrial park near Hernandez's home in North Attleborough. He'd been dating a sister of Hernandez's fiancee.

Hernandez's lawyers have said he is looking forward to proving his innocence.

http://espn.go.com/b...y-2012-shooting

it would be nice if he eventually gets fried, and while that is happening, the chair has a "malfunction" or three.....

I

I agree. I'd rather die than spend the rest of my life in the joint

yeah, but if you're guilty...you're going to hell any way, what's the rush? Prison is bad, but I'll bet it's not as bad as hell.

yeah, but if you're guilty...you're going to hell any way, what's the rush? Prison is bad, but I'll bet it's not as bad as hell.

:roll: ok guy

it would be nice if he eventually gets fried, and while that is happening, the chair has a "malfunction" or three.....

The thing is though, he wont get the needle or the chair if he's found guilty, it'll be life in prison without the possibility of parole.

The thing is though, he wont get the needle or the chair if he's found guilty, it'll be life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Then he should get his a** kicked every single day in prison.

Then he should get his a** kicked every single day in prison.

Agreed, but it appears he's been doing the a** kicking in prison as well lol.

Agreed, but it appears he's been doing the a** kicking in prison as well lol.

Instead of enjoying the "NFL player's life" and all it entails, he'll spend the rest of his life locked up and fighting.

Fine with me.

Instead of enjoying the "NFL player's life" and all it entails, he'll spend the rest of his life locked up and fighting.

Fine with me.

Agreed, he can enjoy the 23 hour days on lock down.

Agreed, he can enjoy the 23 hour days on lock down.

Hernandez wanted to be a thug gangster... be careful what you ask for.

What a dope.

Killing two people because one accidently bumped into you and spilled your drink. When keeping it real goes wrong.

Killing two people because one accidently bumped into you and spilled your drink. When keeping it real goes wrong.

Well, in all fairness if the drink were fruit-based, it may have ruined his shirt...

Good point. He didn't sign that contract yet so he probably couldn't afford a new one. Poor guy :sad: