Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNOORDA

Aaron Hernandez - Found guilty of First Degree Murder (UPDATE: committed suicide)

It wasnt his defense. They did try to make the prosecutio prove he was there. Big mistake. That was easy. They knew the stratevy failed and tried to bail out at the last second. Who cars if the trail is long or short. his attorneys should have focused on realistic goals and if they admitted to him. Eing there but not being directely involved, showed remorse, get the jury to like AH, explain that AH had too much to lose and it made no sense to kill his good friend, blablabla, he may have gotten a better deal.

You obviously didn't follow the trial or understand the legal process. Read any of the articles I linked above. There was no proof he was at the scene at the time of the murder. The defense botched big time by admitting he was there. In the jurors own words, admitting he was at the scene at the time of the murder led the jurors to connect the dots with the circumstantial evidence and come to the conclusion he was guilty. And yes, it was his defense. The whole time his defense was "I didn't do it. It was one of the other guys" what other defense was there?

You obviously didn't follow the trial or understand the legal process. Read any of the articles I linked above. There was no proof he was at the scene at the time of the murder. The defense botched big time by admitting he was there. In the jurors own words, admitting he was at the scene at the time of the murder led the jurors to connect the dots with the circumstantial evidence and come to the conclusion he was guilty. And yes, it was his defense. The whole time his defense was "I didn't do it. It was one of the other guys" what other defense was there?

Just curious, do you believe he is guilty?

I think hes legally an accessory but Im not sure he shot the guy. Either way I dont feel they proves 1st degree murder. Either way he most likely got what he deserved (and I do think hes killed others) but in this particular case I think the prosecution was lacking and the jurors let way to much influence them that shouldnt.

I think hes legally an accessory but Im not sure he shot the guy. Either way I dont feel they proves 1st degree murder.

By your own definition he's guilty of first degree murder. MA has a legal doctrine called Joint Venture which basically states that a person doesn't actually have to be the murderer in order to be charged with first degree murder. If they are an associate involved in the killing in any way they are susceptible to the same charges as the trigger man. So even if Hernandez was just an accessory, he's able to be charged and convicted of first degree murder.

So basically, the prosecution never had to even prove he was the trigger man. All they had to do was prove that he was there and was a part of it. The defense placing Hernandez at the scene was the icing on the cake for the prosecution. Guilty.

Yes, i do. I dont know if he pulled the trigger or someone else did, but im fairly confident he facilitated the murder. 

My whole point from the beginning was that the defense team was idiotic to admit he was at the scene at the time of the murder. There was a lot of circumstantial and speculative evidence. Maybe one or two jurors thought the prosecution didnt prove beyond a reasonable doubt for murder. Admitting he was there in the closing arguments removes all the doubt and pretty much stamped his ticket.   

Yes, i do. I dont know if he pulled the trigger or someone else did, but im fairly confident he facilitated the murder. 

My whole point from the beginning was that the defense team was idiotic to admit he was at the scene at the time of the murder. There was a lot of circumstantial and speculative evidence. Maybe one or two jurors thought the prosecution didnt prove beyond a reasonable doubt for murder. Admitting he was there in the closing arguments removes all the doubt and pretty much stamped his ticket.   

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12696042/aaron-hernandez-prosecutors-score-enormous-triumph-murder-conviction

Good article.  Cellphone records from all parties pretty much pinpointed that he was there along with the other evidence made it impossible to deny he was there.

By your own definition he's guilty of first degree murder. MA has a legal doctrine called Joint Venture which basically states that a person doesn't actually have to be the murderer in order to be charged with first degree murder. If they are an associate involved in the killing in any way they are susceptible to the same charges as the trigger man. So even if Hernandez was just an accessory, he's able to be charged and convicted of first degree murder

Thats not the way it was worded on the coverage I watched.

I also dont think its right to be able to convict someone of accessory when theres no trigger man. Jmo

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12696042/aaron-hernandez-prosecutors-score-enormous-triumph-murder-conviction

Good article.  Cellphone records from all parties pretty much pinpointed that he was there along with the other evidence made it impossible to deny he was there.

Yes but again, he didnt have to deny or admit he was there. They should of let the jurors determine whether the evidence proved he was there or he wasnt and also then let them determine if being there is enough to convict him for murder. No motive, no murder weapon, no damning witnesses. The defense team had 0 reasons to admit he was at the scene of the crime. It was a panic move and backfired big time. Its easy for me or you to say "well duh hes guilty" but we arent on the jury and we dont need to think or care about "beyond a reasonable doubt." 

Yes but again, he didnt have to deny or admit he was there. They should of let the jurors determine whether the evidence proved he was there or he wasnt and also then let them determine if being there is enough to convict him for murder. No motive, no murder weapon, no damning witnesses. The defense team had 0 reasons to admit he was at the scene of the crime. It was a panic move and backfired big time. Its easy for me or you to say "well duh hes guilty" but we arent on the jury and we dont need to think or care about "beyond a reasonable doubt." 

Yeah they didn't have to say it.  I think if you look at all the evidence pointing to him being at the crime scene (which we don't know every detail) it must have been pretty concrete for the defense attorney to try the scared kid sympathy card instead.  Either way I think Hernandez was Fed.  That wasn't some bumbling small town public defender.  I think they knew AH was cooked.  So instead of denying what the mountain of evidence pointed toward they tried a different tact and pointed the finger at the others.  Didn't work either.  The hail mary was knocked down.

Thats not the way it was worded on the coverage I watched.

I also dont think its right to be able to convict someone of accessory when theres no trigger man. Jmo

The shell casing found at the scene matched a shell casing found in Hernandez's vehicle, so it's clear that the trigger man was in that vehicle at some point in time. The cell phone records put Hernandez and his crew at the scene of the murder. There doesn't always have to be a smoking gun. In this case it was a lot of strong circumstantial evidence which adds up to Hernandez at least being involved in some capacity. Since that would trigger Joint Venture it's first degree murder.

I'm sure if any of these guys were willing to talk there would be plea bargains reached for the non-trigger men. Since none of them seemed remotely interested in talking, they're all going down.

They never admitted that he was there until the closing statements. However cell phone records and tons of other circumstantial evidence pointed to him being there.

His one and only shot at getting off without a life sentence was to use the "I didn't know they were going to kill him and I was afraid for myself and my families safety" and the "I am worth 40 million dollars and Lloyd was one of my best friends why would I kill him?" defense.

Jerrah and Steven will have to go in another direction to replace Witten now.  :D

They never admitted that he was there until the closing statements. However cell phone records and tons of other circumstantial evidence pointed to him being there.

His one and only shot at getting off without a life sentence was to use the "I didn't know they were going to kill him and I was afraid for myself and my families safety" and the "I am worth 40 million dollars and Lloyd was one of my best friends why would I kill him?" defense.

Hernandez' problem was that he sat there looking like a cocky POS who thought a technicality was going to set him free...no weapon. The jury saw him, they saw him winking to his fiancee, they saw him smile from time to time...they saw a guy that didn't give half a ish that his "best friend" had been murdered.

Yes the evidence was all circumstantial, but Hernandez didn't act the part at all.

(CNN)Convicted murderer Aaron Hernandez is in trouble once again, getting mixed up in a prison fight, a law enforcement source with knowledge of the incident said Tuesday.

Hernandez allegedly agreed to be the lookout for another inmate who went into another prisoner's cell at Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center.

Those two inmates got into a fight Monday, the source says, believed to be gang-related.

All three men are being disciplined over the incident, including the former professional football player, who was put in a special management section.

Christopher Fallon, a spokesman for the Massachusetts Department of Correction, declined to comment, saying regulations forbid divulging information of that kind about inmates.

It's not the first time Hernandez has gotten into trouble behind bars. While he was awaiting his murder trial, he got into a brawl with a fellow detainee at the Bristol County jail.

On Thursday, a judge may set a trial date for Hernandez's double-murder trial in Boston for deaths that occurred in July 2012.

Hernandez, who formerly played for the NFL's New England Patriots, was sentenced April 15 to life behind bars in the shooting death of Odin Lloyd in June 2013.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/19/us/aaron-hernandez-fight/index.html

A racist, a murderer and a priest walk on to a football field...

Nknt239.jpg

Lol. That ball looks like it's heading for cooper rather than Hernandez.

Lol. That ball looks like it's heading for cooper rather than Hernandez.

Thats the sad part. Tebow is trying to throw it to AH. But it ended up hitting cooper in the back of the head.

Not sure who the half body on the ground is behind AH but im pretty sure its another one of his victims.

Shank found in Aaron Hernandez’s cell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/04/shank-found-in-aaron-hernandezs-cell/

Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has been in jail for more than two years. Serving a life sentence for murder while facing trial on double-murder charges, Hernandez now faces additional problems.

According to WHDH.com, prison officials found a shank in Hernandez’s cell. He has been moved into a segregated unit of the facility.

The homemade knife was discovered on Thursday at the Massachusetts maximum-security facility.

It’s not Hernandez’s first issue while behind bars. Earlier this year, he was accused of serving as a lookout while another inmate went into a cell for the purposes of fighting. In 2014, Hernandez allegedly engaged in an altercation with another inmate.

Sounds like this piece of ish is fitting in, in his new life very well.

People here aren't serious. Past the murder charges everything else he does within the confines of those 4 walls is pretty justified. Y'all are trying to apply rules of the everyday world to Hernandez's world in prison and that is hella ridiculous. Having a shank is the least of my concerns right now.

People here aren't serious. Past the murder charges everything else he does within the confines of those 4 walls is pretty justified. Y'all are trying to apply rules of the everyday world to Hernandez's world in prison and that is hella ridiculous. Having a shank is the least of my concerns right now.

Pretty much. Hernandez is undoubtedly a prime target for any convict trying to make a name for himself in that prison. Keeping a shank is probably the smartest thing he's done in awhile.

Pretty much. Hernandez is undoubtedly a prime target for any convict trying to make a name for himself in that prison. Keeping a shank is probably the smartest thing he's done in awhile.

The smartest thing he could do would be to make a noose out of his sheet and find a good place to utilize it.

The smartest thing he could do would be to make a noose out of his sheet and find a good place to utilize it.

I won't argue that. Although, I didn't say it was the smartest thing he could do. I just said it's the smartest thing he's done.

I won't argue that. Although, I didn't say it was the smartest thing he could do. I just said it's the smartest thing he's done.

It depends on his purpose for having it. Serving as the lookout for someone else to beat someone else in a cell, tends to paint a picture of his life in prison. A picture that doesn't sound like it's all too different from his life outside of prison.

It depends on his purpose for having it. Serving as the lookout for someone else to beat someone else in a cell, tends to paint a picture of his life in prison. A picture that doesn't sound like it's all too different from his life outside of prison.

No doubt he's a scumbag. I was just referring to the shank, responding to what rstarter said. If I was in max security prison, I'd probably have a shank stashed somewhere, too.