Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNOORDA

Aaron Hernandez - Found guilty of First Degree Murder (UPDATE: committed suicide)

5 hours ago, mihailo said:

Maybe he has a thing for erotic asphyxiation?

Grass Hopper, don't make the noose too tight!

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Grass Hopper, don't make the noose too tight!

So deep.

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I kind of wondered, as I posted it, if anyone would get the reference.

I not seen the show before, but I made the assumption based on the video. 

2 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I not seen the show before, but I made the assumption based on the video. 

Kung Fu was a 70's show, actually conceived by Bruce Lee (which he had wanted to play the lead in it). David Carradine wound up getting the lead though.

He died in 2009 by accidental asphyxiation and it came out that he was into erotic asphyxiation. So he died in the exact manor that you mentioned (which is why I made that obscure reference lol).

I was pretty young when Kung Fu came out, but I definitely remember watching it. I haven't seen it in many years, but my memory of it was that my brothers and I enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Kung Fu was a 70's show, actually conceived by Bruce Lee (which he had wanted to play the lead in it). David Carradine wound up getting the lead though.

He died in 2009 by accidental asphyxiation and it came out that he was into erotic asphyxiation. So he died in the exact manor that you mentioned (which is why I made that obscure reference lol).

I was pretty young when Kung Fu came out, but I definitely remember watching it. I haven't seen it in many years, but my memory of it was that my brothers and I enjoyed it.

Apparently dying of it isn't that rare. I remember reading that singer from INXS also died of it, which is why it sprung to mind.

I always trip out rewatching things from the past. 

For those who have followed this story, I just wanted to get people's opinions on reasons why Hernandez killed Lloyd, there seems to be 4

1. Lloyd knew about the flop house

2. Lloyd knew about the double homocides

3. Lloyd was hanging out with people Hernandez didn't like

4. Lloyd knew about Hernandez being maybe bisexual

Of the 4, I am going with #2. That seems to be the only reason why I would risk millions of dollars and spending my life in prison.

I just started watching his double murder trial on YouTube recently. If I were a juror, I'd have fallen asleep. It's interesting in some aspects, but an overall boring process. 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:58 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Kung Fu was a 70's show, I was pretty young when Kung Fu came out, but I definitely remember watching it.

I haven't seen it in many years, but my memory of it was that my brothers and I enjoyed it.

Meetoo.

His character, Caine, was always a champion for the weak or the innocent or those who were ill . . . or he'd just

kick the crap out of bad guys who always seemed to be on his case. Kinda like Steven Segal but a far nobler character.

And the Chinese assassins were always not far behind him for the murder of the son of the emperor, I think it was.

His death, such as it was, was a shock to me. Seemed incongruous with his TV character but then, TV isn't reality, is it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/09/21/aaron-hernandez-was-suffering-from-advanced-form-of-cte-family-files-suit-against-nfl/?tid=sm_fb&utm_term=.2c2ea87d2621

Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots player who committed suicide in April while serving a life sentence for murder, had an advanced form of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, according to a Boston University study of his brain.

The study, led by the university’s CTE Center Director Ann McKee, showed the 27-year-old had the second-most severe form of the disease (stage three of four), which is associated with aggressiveness, erratic behavior, depression, suicidal thoughts and other cognitive issues.

The study results were released Thursday and also showed Hernandez had early brain atrophy and large perforations in his septum pellucidum, a major membrane in the brain associated with cognitive development.

"Everyone, including and especially his family, is deeply troubled by this whole thing,” Hernandez’s attorney Jose Baez said (via the Boston Globe) at a Thursday afternoon news conference.

[Study finds of 112 brains of former NFL players, 111 had CTE]

Hernandez, who had been serving time for the 2013 killing of Odin Lloyd, hanged himself in his Massachusetts cell April 19, just five days after he was acquitted in of the 2012 murders of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado. Officials at the Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley, Mass., discovered Hernandez’s body with a bedsheet tied around his neck shortly after 3 a.m., but it took more than a day for state officials to rule the death a suicide. This caused a brief controversy surrounding Hernandez’s remains, including his brain, which the family had requested be sent to BU’s CTE Center for further study.

"We are grateful to the family of Aaron Hernandez for donating his brain to the VA-BU-CLF brain bank,” BU’s CTE Center said in its statement, referring to[the tissue repository which stores brains being studied for CTE. The Center, which made headlines over the summer after releasing research that showed 111 of 112 brains donated by the families of former NFL players showed signs of CTE, added it would not be providing further comment on the Hernandez case.

Hernandez’s family, meanwhile, filed a lawsuit on behalf of his young daughter against the NFL and the Patriots on Thursday following the release of the findings. A copy of the lawsuit filed in federal court in Boston was not immediately available, but according to the Associated Press, the suit claims "the team and league deprived Avielle Hernandez of the companionship of her father.”

"Aaron Hernandez had an advanced stage three of CTE, which is usually found in the median age of a 67-year-old man,” Baez said on Thursday. "We were told it was the most severe case they had ever seen for someone of Aaron’s age.”

"I will say for lawyers representing athletes of contact sports, that this is something that you should definitely consider having your clients take some of the presumptive tests that are available,” Baez added, although definitive diagnoses can only be made postmortem. "It is something that we considered as a team, but did not pursue simply because his defense was one of actual innocence and not one of mitigation. It’s something I deeply regret.”

Upon his death, Hernandez’s conviction for the Lloyd murder was under appeal. A judge vacated the conviction, however, in late April due to a legal principle called "abatement ab initio” — meaning "from the beginning.” This long-standing provision renders defendants as if they were never charged if they die before exhausting all their appeal options.

31 minutes ago, vaff84 said:

Somehow I don't think this is going to be good for the NFL...

It's crazy how this story keeps having legs. But this was probably the worst case scenario to happen to the league.

I thought it was pretty well established that Hernandez was a piece of trash long before he even got to the league. That's why he wasn't drafted higher than he was. I'm pretty confident in saying CTE had nothing to do with him being a murderer. 

He was a thug who hung out with gang members and smoked pcp doing what thugs who hang out with gang members and smoke pcp do. 

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

So now we blame cte for murder? Holy Christ. What a crock of crap. In 40 something games it made him a murderer . Yeah ok

Do you not remember this guy?

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11612386/jovan-belcher-brain-showed-signs-cte-doctor-says-report

Unless you're a Fing neuroscientist stop acting like you think you're an expert.

7 hours ago, vaff84 said:

Do you not remember this guy?

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11612386/jovan-belcher-brain-showed-signs-cte-doctor-says-report

Unless you're a Fing neuroscientist stop acting like you think you're an expert.

I'm not acting like anything. That's my opinion on the subject . Sorry my opinion upset you. 

13 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

So now we blame cte for murder? Holy Christ. What a crock of crap. In 40 something games it made him a murderer . Yeah ok

Just like PTSD does not effect our Vets ......  Its could very well be a possibility.  I will leave judgment until some experts have some input 

Is CTE being studied in the general population? Or are they focusing on high-risk people only?

4 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not acting like anything. That's my opinion on the subject . Sorry my opinion upset you. 

Your opinion is ignorant, and 100% incorrect.

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

link?

47 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That's fine. I'm not arguing with anyone or giving my analysis on the situation or quoted anyone saying they were wrong. Don't know everyone is so upset by it. 

Nobody can say that CTE didn't play a role. And nobody can say with 100% certainty that it did. 

But just about everyone can agree that AH was a thug who ran with thugs and liked to smoke angel dust.  And like everyone else who lives that life style, he committed criminally violent acts.  

Junior Seau was an upstanding citizen and I hate to hear him and others like him lumped together with the likes of AH now that some lawyer is looking to get a payday from the NFL and NCAA. 

56 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Nobody can say that CTE didn't play a role. And nobody can say with 100% certainty that it did. 

But just about everyone can agree that AH was a thug who ran with thugs and liked to smoke angel dust.  And like everyone else who lives that life style, he committed criminally violent acts.  

Junior Seau was an upstanding citizen and I hate to hear him and others like him lumped together with the likes of AH now that some lawyer is looking to get a payday from the NFL and NCAA. 

That's basically what I was saying you just said it better lol. I think if it rules in their favor that cte was 100% to blame on this it opens a whole can of worms. 

Basically every crime committed by an NFL player will be blamed on cte and guys will start getting off the hook for it. The main reason I said it was a crock was because of AH past not because I think cte is a crock. 

20 hours ago, vaff84 said:

Somehow I don't think this is going to be good for the NFL...

no but the guy was also doing PCP for Fs sakes so come on what about that??