SNOORDA

Aaron Hernandez - Found guilty of First Degree Murder (UPDATE: committed suicide)

• Was Hernandez dropped as a baby? concussion
  • Did he run into walls or fall down as a toddler? concussions
  • Did he play pee wee football? concussions
  • Did he play high school football? concussions
  • Did he ever get into fights? concussions
  • Did he ever play any games that could involve contact like volleyball, or basketball, or general roughhousing? concussions
  • Did he play a bunch of games at Florida? concussions
  • Did he also get some concussions in the NFL while playing less games than he did at Florida? ... As a judge or jury, who cares?

Are they also suing Florida, the NCAA, his high school, and everyone who may have ever touched him?

My sense on this is: in this time & place we tend to blame things on something / anything other than the person.

Yes, this person had advanced brain damage caused by a certain lifestyle.

Yes, this person was involved in activity that most of us would deem risky, dangerous & objectionable.

Yes, this person was violent and, apparently, visited violence upon others . . . up to and including: MURDER.

Yes, regardless of why, this person was held accountable for acts committed against others.

Yes, this person chose to end his life . . . rather than spend eternity incarcerated.

"NOTE TO MY LAWYERS RE: MY ESTATE: 

Make sure you take everyone and everything to the cleaners on this. After all, I'm a victim."

:facepalm:   

22 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

......some lawyer is looking to get a payday from the NFL and NCAA. 

like my great grand pappy used to say, "you can't get blood from a turnip"

On 9/22/2017 at 0:33 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

So now we blame cte for murder? Holy Christ. What a crock of crap. In 40 something games it made him a murderer . Yeah ok

The brain damage would result from playing football from a young age. He would have knocks all the way up to the NFL so it's not just 40 games. However he was a scumbag and it's likely a combination of the two. 

The one that's probably the baseline to compare it to is Chris Benoit. He was generally well liked and spoken about in a high manner. He murdered his wife and son before committing suicide. He basically jumped off the top rope of a wrestling ring and smashed his head on the canvas for a living. When the looked at his brain it was in really bad shape. Add in the steroids and cocktail of prescription meds and something went seriously wrong. AH had a pretty questionable character to begin with....

2 hours ago, Mat said:

The brain damage would result from playing football from a young age. He would have knocks all the way up to the NFL so it's not just 40 games. However he was a scumbag and it's likely a combination of the two. 

The one that's probably the baseline to compare it to is Chris Benoit. He was generally well liked and spoken about in a high manner. He murdered his wife and son before committing suicide. He basically jumped off the top rope of a wrestling ring and smashed his head on the canvas for a living. When the looked at his brain it was in really bad shape. Add in the steroids and cocktail of prescription meds and something went seriously wrong. AH had a pretty questionable character to begin with....

I know that's what I was referring to. I didn't word it correctly

I would think the fact that he alludes to his family getting a payout in the note would torpedo his case. It's a like a guy committing life insurance fraud. He thought he was being clever, but he was really just being stupid again.